April 18, 2014 | 1704 users online

Treatments - alpha-h liquid gold

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by muzukashii

I absolutely love this product. It doesn't seem to do much, but with constant use, my skin has turned for the better with this. Using this every few nights about three times a week my skin is smoother, more even, and fresh spots heal much quicker. I used to have little flesh-colored bumps all over my face, blocked pores, but they have reduced tremendously in number, and I am confident my acne scars will soon fade completely as well. Also, I find one bottle to last at least a couple of months, so I can live with the price. Am on my second bottle, and will continue using this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's only okay. I bought this after watching UK beauty bloggers rave about it. I was also going through a phase of very bad acne and heightened congestion, and none of what I'd used for years was working anymore. This tingles slightly going on, but my sensitive skin took to this much better than salicylic acid treatments. Ultimately, the price, lack of availability, alcohol content and fairly minimal AHA % resulted in my decision to not repurchase. However, this does have a special place in my heart; it was my first foray into the world of AHAs, and led me to buy md formulations cleanser, which has a much higher AHA content and has become my holy grail cleanser - its taken 24 years to get to this point. So my exploration of Liquid Gold was ultimately beneficial, but the take away message is you can definitely get better more concentrated products to amplify results. It's also rather overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by SarahHill57

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is both brilliant and awful. Alpha-h liquid gold definitely improves skin tone and gives your skin a healthy glow. However, this is a product which needs to be used several times until it takes on any effect. Unfortunately, liquid gold can also badly damage your skin. One morning, I forgot to apply sun cream to my face after applying the treatment to my face the previous night. The next day, my skin was covered in harsh red marks and sun damage. It hadn't even been a hot day! I shall carry on using this product until it has run out. However, I will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by naicha

Long story short - I would repurchase this.
It really does help to make my skin look clearer and feel smoother. My main issue with my skin is clogged pores. I hardly ever get red, inflamed spots, but I get tiny hard bumbs where sebum collects under the skin.
Liquid Gold definitely helps to keep these arear looking clearer - I did not see the immedite effects some people experince, but consistent use for a week or two definitely gave me results.
Having used it for 6 months, it has not cured my mild adult acne - I think my skin will always be prone to clogging and no product will ever be able to change that - but I gladly rely on Liquid Gold when my skin needs a good kick up the rear and will continue using it once or twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by fanhar

love it! my face feels so smooth in the morning

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, finally time to review this cult favorite! I've been using Liquid Gold for over 2 months now. My verdict? My skin has not seen the miraculous results so many people seem to rave about!

I started out using it alternate nights with no other product on (as directed). However, I did not see any change in my skin. So I've been using it every night. I honestly don't see any improvement at all. If anything, my skin seems oilier. I haven't suffered any negative effects otherwise.

My opinion on why this doesn't seem to work on me is that I've used dermatologist prescribed strength AHA before, so this is probably too little for my AHA tolerant skin.

I'll keep on using my bottle of Liquid Gold until I'm out and try the Liquid Gold Rejuvinating Cream next, because I really do want to try finding a good non-prescription strength AHA for frequent use.

UPDATE: I've been using Liquid Gold on my legs as I had a few scars. The results have been AMAZING. In a short few months, the scars have lightened so much! And those scars have been there for a long time. I'm hopeful that with continued usage, my legs will be completely scar free. I have bumped up my review to 4 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by BV1006

I LOVE this product! I had heard so many good things about it so I just had to try it. I was a bit unsure how my skin would react but after the first few times of using it I saw a massive difference. My skin felt plump and glowing after usage. I have had fewer unwanted breakouts and my skin felt much smoother. I understand that it isn't a 'cheap' product but it is worth the money, it lasts so long and you only need to use every other evening. I know everyone has different skin types but would definitely say give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by cssalgueiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is brilliant. I was afraid I wouldn't react well to it as I have sensitive skin but it turned out my skin loved it. My breakouts are far less now and I don't have dehidrated skin and dry patches any more. I wake up with glowing and even toned skin. Of course not everyone is going to react well or notice a big diference as we all have different skin but I would give it a shot because if it works for you you will love it.
One thing you should be aware of is this works mainly with glycolic acid which makes your skin sensitive to the sun rays on the day you apply it, so you should use a high spf when you apply this and you should use this product mainly in the winter.
I wouldn't live without it anymore, totally changed my skin for the better!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by shanznor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ah, unfortunately this product wasn't for me. After reading many reviews all over the internet claiming it was their HG product I decided to purchase... and after two weeks my skin was breaking out worse than before, in deep cystic as well as surface pimples, in places I never had breakouts before (my cheeks and jawline). Not just a normal 'purge', it was intense, I think it was an allergic reaction to the product (after testing various products I have now figured out the difference between an initial purge and a reaction). My usual problem area is around the mouth and chin - this also intensified. However... it's been 6 months and my skin is still facing bad breakouts in those 'newer' areas, even though I stopped using AHA Liquid Gold after two weeks... so basically... I went in with hormonal acne and ended up with acne all over my face... all the time instead of monthly... yippee......
So many tears. It's worked for others though so it might be worth the risk... wish I didn't :(
If anyone wants the rest of my bottle I still have it under the sink at home, next to the toilet cleaner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

I have dull skin with hyperpigmentation and after watching/reading amazing reviews about the Alpha-H Liquid Gold I decided to give this a go, even though it's kind of expensive.

I use it every alternative night without using any skincare product afterwards to get the maximum benefit of this product. I noticed that it did sting my skin a little bit but that doesn't bother me much. On top of that I noticed that it has been making my skin really oily. I wake up and my skin is super shiny but that doesn't bother me so much as it seems to be only during the night when I use this product and once I wash my skin it goes back to normal again.

I have been using this product for about 2-3 weeks now and I haven't really noticed that much of a change. Maybe it has made a a little bit of a difference but it's hardly noticeable.
Another thing that bothers me is that this product uses glycolic acid, but it doesn't tell you the % of the acid.

I personally wouldn't buy this product again but maybe someone with more mature skin might benefit from it more. However bear in mind this product is basically just a chemical peel and you can find cheaper ones.

I would recommend checking out skinobsession.com since they have a huge range of different chemical peels.