Alpha-H Liquid Gold

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Alcohold Denat, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydrolysed Silk, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

At first I thought it was a bit strange to use just this product and eye cream every other night, instead of serum and moisturiser. However, I soon got used to it and it fitted my busy lifestyle perfectly. Also, I think that because it stays on overnight, it has more of an effect than a mask that is rinsed after 10 minutes.

In the first few times I used this product I loved the results. The following day my skin was clear, glowy and well exfoliated. Nice! However, it soon started to make my chin red, a bit scaly and with a funny texture that I haven't seen before! I stopped using it, my skin went back to normal. After trying it again for a few days, my chin was again red, a bit scaly and with a strange texture. Like my skin looked 'damaged'. I stopped using it for good and my skin is getting back to normal again. In the end, I had to bin it. What a shame!

I am not sure why this product did not work for me. Perhaps it's the alcohol content, as I don't normally use alcohol in my products. Or perhaps, the glycolic acid concentration was too high for me. Or it could be the whole formulation. I am not sure.

Application wise, it tingled a bit but wasn't unpleasant. It didn't smell very nice but it was tolerable. I did notice that my skin was quite oily in the morning after using it but it didn't bother me.

Packaging is boring, especially considering the cost.

Overall this does exfoliate well, however, I would say it's not for everyone and can make skin more sensitive. Remember to use high SPF if you use this product and avoid using this product during Summer holidays (and up to 15 days before such holidays).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I first tried this about 6 months ago when my skin wasn't used to glycolic, so when it gave me a few whiteheads I put it down to my skin not being acclimatised yet. I've since used stronger glycolic (I'm pretty sure LG is 10%) with no issues, so I tried LG again last night. I woke up this morning with three very inflamed spots that bled when I took a lancet to them. I have no idea what it is in LG that breaks me out but I'm not willing to try it again because my skin scars very easily. I'm giving it to a friend because I don't want to have to waste it. The packaging is terrible too, mine leaks everywhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Purchased this after trying other cult exfoliating acid toners, such as pixi glow and p50. It was a bit tough to find at a reasonable price. Most uk sites sell 100 ml for 35 to 50 gbp, which is 70 to 100 CAD, yikes!. Finally found a set at beauty bay with 3 sizes for 75 CAD, including shipping. I used this at night on a clean face with nothing else ontop. Difference was visible right away, pores look smaller,skin is smooth and soft. Contains alcohol but did not dry my. skin out, I have enlarged pores and oily skin in tzone.

After a few days, my hormonal cysts shrunk in size and no new spots appeared. Very impressed with formula, I have better results from this than any other acid, even p50.
Will buy again, gave lippies as it is pricey and has alcohol. Made in Australia, I haven't been able to find it in a store in Canada.

Received this as a sample in another parcel. I don't have allergic reactions to make-up products, but this one has unfortunately led to a break-out of about 6-10 small raised lumps on my cheeks. Have only used it twice, but seems that is enough. Not for everyone.

I have extremely sensitive skin, and was apprehensive about using this at first as it seemed like a very strong product with AHAs that could potentially irritate my skin big time. I was wrong. I only use this twice a week and though I do not suffer from hyperpigmentation / acne, this just helps maintain my skin condition and keeps my skin looking healthy and radiant. I stay away from regular exfoliators when using this, to avoid over exfoliation. I do like it and am on my second bottle of Liquid Gold.

I bought this because I was intrigued by the premise of slapping on a toner-like product overnight. I was pleasantly surprised because the next day, my skin was softer and more radiant. I have combination skin and I use this once to twice a month just to decongest my skin of dry patches and overall fatigue. I've stopped using exfoliants entirely and just use this to declog my face of build-up from external factors - pollution, etc.

The biggest testimony I have is my mom normally resists this sort of skincare but she is a convert. Her sisters have had laser treatments on their faces over the years and all she uses is Liquid Gold - and they have the same skin consistency or hers is even better. My aunts have yet to know of our secret!

I've used this since 2013 (am only on my second bottle and I share with my mom) so I no longer mind the slight tingle upon application. I find it comfortable when I go to bed with this on - I don't put on moisturizer so I can achieve the strongest effect. I leave this on for 10-12 hours (so I apply it the night before a day when I know I am not going out). Apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 for this though.

Generally a good treat every month. It's about 50USD but worth it considering it lasts me more than a year.

This stuff has literally been a saviour for my dull, lack lustre, dry skin. My pore size has reduced dramatically. Redness from old acne scars has massively reduced and this has evened my skin tone like nothing else. I have spent a small fortune over the years trying to combat the above said and have put off so many times buying this... I mean acid...on your face. I use it atleast 4 times a week. You don't have to moisturise after using this, I really do wake up in the morning with healthier looking skin which is not dry. I cannot rave about it enough. I will never be without it again. I can now wear all those old foundations that were stashed away in drawers as they used to sit in fine lines and accentuate dryness or flakiness and large pores. This has been a god send to me. I love, love,love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle of this. I tend to use it in the morning before I apply makeup as I like the tight and smooth effect it gives my skin. It's also helped keep some pesky spots at bay. Using it every other day I haven't experienced any dryness or irritation so overall I'm happy with this product. I just hate the bottle which has leaked several times on me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is a tad overrated, imho. Everyone raves about it. Saying that when you wake up you will be amazed at how wonderful your skin looks. Um. That may be true for some folks but whenever I use this product I wake up looking tired as hell par usual. No "glow". Just extra shine on top of somewhat dehydrated skin. Like a previous reviewer mentioned, you will probably get better results from other brand products out there containing a higher % of Glycolic Acid [which I personally do]. Not saying that this Is a terrible product, just doesn't give me any noticeable results. I have been using Glycolic Acid for many years now so that's probably why this doesn't do much for me. If you are new to the game, I'd give it a shot.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination skin, with hyper-pigmentation and the occasional spot. I held off on this product for years after everyone started raving about it but I'm glad I finally tried it. I started off with every other night application and moved up to nightly. I've been using it for about three months now and am almost done with this bottle. This has made a bigger difference in my skin than any other individual product I've ever tried. I love this product and have already repurchased.

At night I double cleanse and then tone with this by soaking a cotton pad (about ten drops). When applied I usually feel a tingling sensation, it's not painful at all but definitely noticeable. I like a little tingle because it makes me feel like the product is doing something. If you have sensitive skin (which I absolutely do not) you might want to start slow or patch test.

Now results. I was already using acid toners (FAB, Nip+Fix, St Ives, Pixi, Dennis Gross) and I had great results. My spots were firmly under control except for the occasional monthly pop-up and the hyper-pigmentation wasn't getting any worse. I tried this on a whim and didn't expect it to perform any differently to the others. Boy was I wrong... Using this nightly means I didn't even get my usual monthly spots and the hyper-pigmentation is almost completely gone. My skin looks really clear and luminous. I am thrilled with the results.

I was worried that it might dry or irritate my skin but it never did. I didn't have any adverse reaction at all, and noticed the results after 5 days or so. The packaging is not glamorous but it works. Even after using it for 3 months, I still get exactly the same tingle as when I first opened it, so not worries about the effectiveness waning. I don't find this moisturising at all but because of my oily skin I can still use it on its own. Most nights I leave it on my skin after cleansing for an hour or so, then I will spritz with a moisturising toner and use a facial oil right before bed. If I feel like my skin needs a really good treatment that I will go without anything on top of this. It works fine both ways, without moisturiser my skin is more luminous but with it my skin is slightly luminous and plump.

Given how effective it is and how long the bottle lasted (over twice as long as the jars of N+F or FAB pre-soaked pads) the price per use is fantastic. I have a second bottle ready to go when this one is empty and would definitely recommend this. 5 lippies all around! Seriously, this is the best thing I have ever put on my face.