November 24, 2014 | 1713 users online

Treatments (Face) - alpha-h liquid gold

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

I expected this to be a lot more powerful but this is nothing other than a mild glycolic toner. As for the other benefits, I didn't experience any improvement to justify the price. Based on the order of ingredients and my years of experience in using AHA, I would say this is less than 5%, its never a good sign when the buffered acid content is not advertised. Anything from Alpha Hydrox is better and about a quarter of the price. I also think Aqua glycolic make much stronger stuff as well, up around the 12% mark and about a third of this price. Glycolix, Glytone, Nip and Fab also have more effective glycolic products. If you have the same amount to spend buy the Biologique Recherche P50 which is a few leagues away in performance. This is nothing special about this and I recommend you consider the many trial kits available in this brand and not be a sucker like me and buy the full size. I used it all but I did not think it was anything other than a drugstore performing product. I find 10-15% is good for a toner/cleanser and I prefer 20% used 2x a week for pads, moisturiser, etc. This is just too weak. I find the St Ives Scrub Free exfoliating pads to be on par with this, but less irritating. Thats about $4 a tub and will last you about the same time. With AHAs the most important thing to look for is the buffered acid % which is the effective % your skin will get (usu bit less than the labelled %).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading numerous recommendations from skin care and make up gurus on Youtube. Well, that would teach me! In my experience this product is just hype and its success is only clever marketing. Alpha-H broke me out and caused a rash. I do have sensitive skin and thankfully I've used it only partially. I usually expect sensitive reactions to acid products due to the nature of my skin but I do not break out easily. I still have a few spots that are healing very slowly and blocked pores on my cheeks which are the driest part of my face! The return policies of cosmetic companies in the UK are terrible so this happened to be an expensive mistake for me! I've used it only at night, after waiting a good 30 minutes after shower to avoid any reaction but it didn't help. Years ago, when I was not avoiding parabens in my skin care, I've used many Md Formulations glycolic products with great success and I think in terms of glycolic skin care, Md Formulations were far superior to Alpha-H, although I've only tried Liquid Gold from this brand. The packaging was bad, getting the product out was messy. I will not purchase again and also not willing to waste my money on any other Alpha-H product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this as part of a kit so it wasn't too expensive. It's very light, like water so the first deluxe sample tube I used was not an ideal packaging for it. I apply it directly, not with a cotton pad as advised because the cotton pad absorbs too much but it is difficult to control. It makes my skin softer, smoother and more even toned but you need to use it regularly. They advise every alternate day but twice a week works for me. I have used it when some other product has created blocked pores and my skin is clearer by morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by littlepoppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 7 months. This is definitely not a miracle product, it is however a great alternative to scrubs and other exfoliating products.

I definitely suffered from purging for at least the first 2 months, maybe even 3. I rarely get hormonal acne these days, but I started getting big red pimples (usually only one or two) when I began using this product. This has cleared up now though and I rarely get a breakout when sticking to the 'every second day' rule.

I had hoped it would do wonders for the blackheads and large pores around my nose , but it doesn't seem to have done anything there - though I don't think any product will.

I would buy again mostly for the fact that I love how easy it is to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This was not quite as magnificent as the beauty blog hype would have me believe. Perhaps I should not expect the 'wow' type gains because I have an existing effective and militant skin care programme.
I was very nervous the first time I used it- I wondered would I still have skin the next morning????. Yes my skin was there and looked brighter and a little softer. More importantly my products sunk in better the day after use.
I think it is reasonably priced and fairly effective. It did not give me the 'wow' reaction I had when I began using P 50.
I only use this once a week, and to be honest I much prefer the Lavender mask.
Still it is a wonderful treat- it is like eating takeout- theres little effort required- just swipe it over your face. No need for any other product. Free time oh yes.
It amazes me that my sensitive cheeks are not irritated by this product.
Using this make me even more diligent about applying and reapplying daily SPF on my face. Bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by muzukashii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It doesn't seem to do much, but with constant use, my skin has turned for the better with this. Using this every few nights about three times a week my skin is smoother, more even, and fresh spots heal much quicker. I used to have little flesh-colored bumps all over my face, blocked pores, but they have reduced tremendously in number, and I am confident my acne scars will soon fade completely as well. Also, I find one bottle to last at least a couple of months, so I can live with the price. Am on my second bottle, and will continue using this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's only okay. I bought this after watching UK beauty bloggers rave about it. I was also going through a phase of very bad acne and heightened congestion, and none of what I'd used for years was working anymore. This tingles slightly going on, but my sensitive skin took to this much better than salicylic acid treatments. Ultimately, the price, lack of availability, alcohol content and fairly minimal AHA % resulted in my decision to not repurchase. However, this does have a special place in my heart; it was my first foray into the world of AHAs, and led me to buy md formulations cleanser, which has a much higher AHA content and has become my holy grail cleanser - its taken 24 years to get to this point. So my exploration of Liquid Gold was ultimately beneficial, but the take away message is you can definitely get better more concentrated products to amplify results. It's also rather overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by SarahHill57

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is both brilliant and awful. Alpha-h liquid gold definitely improves skin tone and gives your skin a healthy glow. However, this is a product which needs to be used several times until it takes on any effect. Unfortunately, liquid gold can also badly damage your skin. One morning, I forgot to apply sun cream to my face after applying the treatment to my face the previous night. The next day, my skin was covered in harsh red marks and sun damage. It hadn't even been a hot day! I shall carry on using this product until it has run out. However, I will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by naicha

Long story short - I would repurchase this.
It really does help to make my skin look clearer and feel smoother. My main issue with my skin is clogged pores. I hardly ever get red, inflamed spots, but I get tiny hard bumbs where sebum collects under the skin.
Liquid Gold definitely helps to keep these arear looking clearer - I did not see the immedite effects some people experince, but consistent use for a week or two definitely gave me results.
Having used it for 6 months, it has not cured my mild adult acne - I think my skin will always be prone to clogging and no product will ever be able to change that - but I gladly rely on Liquid Gold when my skin needs a good kick up the rear and will continue using it once or twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by fanhar

love it! my face feels so smooth in the morning