September 18, 2014 | 1368 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I make no pretense about my obsession with vanilla fragrances. The biggest issue that comes with loving such scents is finding ones with unique notes blended into a vanilla base to keep it from being too saccharin and sickly sweet. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of the most beautiful vanilla scents I own. I definitely agree with the reviewer who said it reminds her of a way sweeter Shalimar. The scent opens with a bite of pink citrus and settles into more of a lime note. You get more of the cedar wood notes in the drydown but the vanilla softens it and keeps it sweet and delicious. The vanilla note is not a super foody cupcake vanilla, nor is it a flat powdery floral vanilla-- more of a true vanilla bean pod freshly opened. It is extremely creamy and smells absolutely gorgeous once the scent has been worn for a few hours. The rollerball is perfect for convenient touch-ups and trust me, you will want to bring this baby everywhere.

For those that want to capitalize on the "freshness" of grapefruit, this is not for you. This fragrance errs much more on the side of gourmand than zesty citrus and the grapefruit note becomes more of a backdrop for the vanilla. But if you love vanilla scents with a twist, this is for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I love this scent! It's very shiny and happy. Makes me think of that line from Legally Blond "It makes me want a hot dog real bad" lol. Very summer time; something I would wear to a bbq or simple day function. Very sharp grapefruit note, followed by a very simple, rounded vanilla note.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am liking this as my winter perfume right now since it is very oily. Not sure if I will want to use year-round. I love the smell of this, especially after the dry down. Before it fully dries it has a very sweet, prominent rich vanilla scent (another reason why I think this may be too heavy in the summertime). I also think it is too heavy for me to wear to work, so I normally save it for nights and weekends. The scent lasts forever. I don't think I will repurchase because I prefer to buy perfumes that are more versatile/can be worn on more occasions. I can also see myself tiring of this scent eventually.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the "forever" oil rollerball version. It was $25 at Sephora, so a tad bit more expensive, but it really does last...forever. The smell is lovely, a creamy sweet yet tangy rich smell, not overly heavy, or cloying. Well, it can be kind of cloying as the grapefruit note sharpens. I can't wear it every day. This one drives the boys nutso, though, in a late autumn afternoon neck-nibbling let's snuggle under the covers kinda way ;) VERDICT = WORTH IT.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKat

Decent perfume. I got a trial package of 4 of the rollerballs ( vanilla coconut, lavander and pure vanilla ) and this one is my least favourite. It smells a bit to perfumy for me, i prefer the other vanilla scents, especially the pure vanilla. A disadvantage to the rollerballs is i find that i have to reaply frequently as the smell fades quickly. On the upside, it is very portable and has a more natural scent than other brand name perfumes, which i like.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first bought this roller ball a couple years ago on impulse at Sephora. I had previously used the Vanilla Grapefruit body butter from the same brand, and loved the scent, so I figured this would be perfect for me. I'm very picky with perfume and rarely find one that I would like to wear, especially on a daily basis, but I love this one. I tend to prefer gourmand scents, as long as they're not sickeningly sweet as they sometimes can be, and this one is lovely in my opinion. To me it smells like a warm vanilla with a hint of grapefruit and maybe a touch of spice, although I'm not the greatest at describing scents. However, my SO always comments how it smells like chocolate whenever I put it on (and he says he really likes it), and I've even had a stranger once tell me that I smelled like chocolate when I was wearing this. Personally I don't sense the chocolate! In any case, I like that this is a more natural perfume option. I also like that it comes in a roller ball format, because it's more affordable and I don't use that much perfume anyway. I'm currently on my second roller ball. Overall, I really like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this fragrance because I love citrus and vanilla, and this scent does not disappoint. It's very fresh and girly but not too sugary sweet. I bought it from ebeauty.ca for $20 so it's super affordable, and I like the simplicity a lot more than more big-name designer perfumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am crazy about anything and everything vanilla, so when I was in Sephora I quickly ran over to the LaVanila section. I initially wanted to try the Pure Vanilla, because I love true vanilla scents. I was very dissapointed by Pure Vanillla it smelled way too musky and like patcholi, when all I wanted was just vanilla. Maybe it works well on others, but it smelled awful on me.
I went through the rest of the scents which were okay and finally I relectantly put the grapefruit one on. At first I just smelled the grapefruit, but as the scent starts to dry down it smelled like the sweetest vanilla! This smells sweet, fresh, clean, and most importantly to me...like vanilla! You can still smell the grapefruit (it is a lovely pairing by the way) but the vanilla ends up stealing the spotlight =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this scent, and so does everyone else who catches a wiff of it. it is kind of a sweet, crisp, citrusy and spicy sent all rolled up into one. the vanilla lends the sweetness, the grapefruit a clean citrus smell, and the cedarwood a musky warm smell. i find it wears well. i can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day easily. i have this and the coconut versions. yumm

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

This was almost a winner. I love that it's more natural -- no thanks to cancer etc. The smell is lovely.. but there's something about it that's off. Too sweet, I don't know, but it wasn't a scent I'd make my signature scent. The thing that got to me most is you can barely smell it after you first spray it on. Even I could only smell it while I was sniffing my wrists.