Chantecaille Just Skin

New 2014: WATER; CYCLOPENTASILOXANE; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; NOEPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE; TALC; GLYCERIN; PEG-10 DIMETHICONE; DIMETHICONE; PHENYL TRIMETHICONE; PEG-400; ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE; STEARIC ACID; SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE; DIMETHICONE/ VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER; MICA; PHENOXYETHANOL; TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE; DEXTRIN PALMITATE; TOCOPHEROL; ALUMINA; ALCOHOL; ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER; LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM EXTRACT; THYMUS VULGARIS (THYME) FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT; BUDDLEJA DAVIDII EXTRACT; CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT; ALGAE EXTRACT; LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT; SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE; SODIUM DEXTRAN SULFATE; GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN; SODIUM BENZOATE; ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN; POTASSIUM SORBATE; TITANIUM DIOXIDE; IRON OXIDES Old formula: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Noepentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Peg-400, Magnesium Sulfate; May Contain: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Mica, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dextrin Palmitate, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Methicone, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Preregen, Nectapure, Edelweiss GC, Rose Water Concentrated E4445, Colorants, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 4/1/2015 2:02:00 AM

I'm 44 and this is the only makeup /skincare product I have ever had a really bad allergic reaction to - with my skin just peeling away all over my face in a very noticeable way which other people commented on :( This happened twice (3 weeks apart) and left my face raw and dry for days. The reaction is definitely attributable to this product as I tried it without moisturiser or primer to make sure of that. Wanted to warn others to be careful and sample before buying to see if you have a reaction to it too as its so expensive. Like others below I also found it made my tzone look very oily.

on 3/12/2015 3:58:00 AM

I so wanted to love this product after reading rave reviews on MUA. Put simply, for 100 AUD this product does not meet expectations. I'm not even sure I would buy it again at a drug store price! It was very sheer, mind you, I don't have much to cover so I was quite surprised that it struggled to provide any kind of coverage. It left my T zone oily within two hours, inclusive of days that were not hot or humid. It clung to dry skin, which is something I haven't really experienced with my foundations before. It didn't cause break outs or further dry out my skin, and I did see that dewy glow that many other users spoke of. But it just didn't look like it did much for my skin. It also irritated my eyes. The packaging also looked very very cheap.

on 1/30/2015 5:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't really use much makeup anymore. However this is amazing. I've used many tinted moisturizers before but they all ended up being too much like a foundation. With this, my oily skin somehow manages to glow without looking oily. It also blurs my mild rosacea without masking it, if I'm making any sense. This is probably better for the people who prefer the natural look. It won't conceal everything and I really don't like perfectly made faces without a single imperfection on them so this is good if you want real skin results and if you want people complementing your skin and not your makeup. It doesn't irritate my skin which has seborrhea and Rosacea. In fact it calms my skin and it also has sun protection in it. What more to ask?

on 1/2/2015 11:00:00 AM

This TM didn't work for me. I wear Alabaster in Future Skin, which is a perfect match for me, but the shade Alabaster in this Just Skin TM is lighter; it is too light for me, and has a somewhat grayish cast, probably from the titanium dioxide (Paula B states in her reviews there is no active sunscreen in this product, but the box lists the active ingredient as titanium dioxide). Vanilla, which is the next neutral shade down, has too much color and looks a bit too yellow on me. Bliss is in between the two but has a pinkish undertone, which doesn't work for me. Also, I didn't find this to be a TM that is quick to apply. I feel TMs should be able to be applied easily and quickly with fingers only, but this one needs a blending tool (I use the Beauty Blender), it was more like a lightweight foundation on me. It didn't wear all that well during the day, I became too oily, and it did feel somewhat heavy on the skin. Packaging is quite nice and hygenic, and of course, being Chantecaille, pricing is ridiculous (but what we won't pay for a perfect product!). The sunscreen is 100% physical blocker, that is a huge plus in my book but I ended up returning it, just not a good product for me.

on 8/8/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a tinted moisturizer for the summer that looks like my skin but better. Laura Mercier was the best I'd found until I tried this again and pay dirt! Enhanced skin but it makes my skin look 10 years younger, doesn't emphasize wrinkles or flaws and best yet doesn't look like I'm wearing a boat-load of makeup. All pluses when you get older, trust me.

I had nude in my arsenal but that appears to be my winter color so had to order glow for the summer. Right now I'm about a NC 30 or Laura Mercier sand.

This is expensive but I am loving that I only need a layer of primer/sunscreen and this with some blush. No need for bronzer or illuminators to make my skin look great.

Also worth a note is that my skin is normal/combo right now. I don't love this TM during the winter when my skin is drier but right now it's great. Winter I use Lancome BB creme.

on 5/1/2014 3:40:00 AM

Nice product per se, but it contains parabens, silicones and other no nos for me. I think there are better/nicer alternatives out there.

on 4/18/2014 9:05:00 PM

This is a decent tinted moisturiser, that does live up to its promise of looking like skin. I got this as a gift, in the colour Nude and it might be a shade too dark for my NC20 skin. It feels pretty oily, even for me. I have normal to dry skin and this does oil up in a couple of hours in sweltering Singapore.

I like the packaging a lot. It is a toothpaste-like tube that doesn't fill back with air after squeezing the tube. This is so much more convenient for dispensing product. The opening is also small and perfect for dispensing just the amount you need.

Overall, okay product, fabulous packaging, but not enough to justify the high price tag. Any decent BB cream can also give you the same finish at a fraction of the price (albeit with less colour choices).

on 3/31/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm very torn on this product. It's the most beautiful finish of any tinted moisturizer (or foundation) that I have ever tried. It leaves skin looking glowy and evens out and corrects the skin tone lightly. (Depending on the moisturizer used underneath, skin can look very dewy, or slightly glowing.)

The longevity is good, and the packaging is great. Unfortunately, this product does give me small pimples every time I wear it. Nothing major, but enough to deter me from wearing it more than every once in a while. It's a shame, because if it weren't for the slight acne it causes I'd be able to get past the incredibly high cost and this would be my absolute go-to.

Still looking, and won't repurchase. But I do recommend this product to those with less sensitive skin!

UPDATE: 10/20/14
Kept this despite only using it approximately 10 times before I declared this acne-inducing. Revisited it several weeks ago, and I've been wearing it every day since. Perhaps due to consistent chemical exfoliation, I'm now able to wear this without it inducing cosmetic acne. I now apply this with my fingers, over a light moisturizer and illuminator. Stays on all day and evening, with a brilliant sheen. Each tube lasts me approximately 3 months, with daily wear. I would award this product 5 stars for the packaging and formula, but because of the lack of clarity concerning its sun-protection and the extreme 69.00 dollar price tag, I must only reward 4 stars. With that said, I will continuously repurchase and hope that it is never discontinued.

on 11/16/2013 10:40:00 PM

This is yet another fantastic product from this fabulous makeup and skincare company. The more I use their products , the more I want to keep going back and trying more more more . Have to say I have only used their makeup to date , but I can see it fast becoming a staple in my daily makeup routine. This is another stella product that after a week of testing the sample I knew would be another purchase, can they do no wrong I ask myself !!!The product was applied with ease out of the sleek no nonsense packaging, no risk of leaks and the product is well protected . A small amount squeezed on the back of my hand and then applied with fingers and buffed in with the Bobbie Brown full foundation brush. This gives me a perfect base , I went for BLISS and I can easily warm up the look with bronzer and or blusher, so the colour match has enabled me to use this product day and night. Its light , easy on the skin and lasts all day with minimal touch up required at night .If you like a light natural look you will not be disappointed with this little beauty. Personally given the size of the tube and the amount required for full face coverage I think the price is ok. I'm not a fan of foundation so this tube of perfection ticks all my boxes. You are getting more than just a moisturiser and more than just a foundation so for that its worthy of 5 lippies in my humble opinion. I was given a great sample size and really being able to test this out daily was greatly appreciated. I had zero reactions , my skin genuinely loved this product and I couldn't recommend it more , along with a couple of others including no foundation foundation this will be a regular in my make up bag .

on 10/23/2013 1:04:00 AM

I love this product, but have dropped a lippy because of the very high price in Australia ($94 exclusively at Mecca Cosmetica - ouch), I am constantly searching for a comparable product that is more reasonably priced. I hate that overseas sites are blocked so Aussies have no way of shopping for a better price on the global market without actually traveling overseas or roping in overseas friends or relatives to send it or bring it over! So far I have failed to find anything close to this fabulous product and am now on my fourth tube.

According to Paula Begouin the sunscreen in it isn't really a broad spectrum SPF, so you shouldn't rely on it for sun protection. I can't verify this except to say I get the impression Australia is pretty strict about labeling of sunscreens in particular. As all Aussies know, SPF15 is not high enough for the strength of the Australian sun if you are out and about a fair bit in it anyway.

'Just Skin' is well named, it makes me look I have natural fabulous skin (I don't but it isn't too bad either). It does not irritate but makes my skin feel soft and smooth. It isn't a cover all, more a sheer veil and it also photographs very poorly but in real life it adds a beautiful subtle glow. Every time I try something else it just reinforces how well this works for me.