September 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Gels/Soaps - Korres - Fig Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by bambam444

The smell of this shower gel is great, its not too fruity but leaves the shower smelling lovely, shame that the scent doesn't stay on the skin. It lathers very well and didn't dry out my skin at all. A great product if you like the smell of figs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the second showergel from Korres I've tried, and I love this as well. Frankly, I don't think a showergel can be moisturizing, and anyway you're just rinsing it off again, but this is as close to being moisturizing as possible, as it is not drying. But the main point is the scent - the beautiful scent of fresh figs! And its not the least bit synthetic, it just a nice, mouthwatering scent, that really smells like figs. The scent lingers, and your bathroom will smell very nice for some time after your shower, which is lovely. I don't like the design of the lid though, it is hard to open. It does stay closed well, which is good if you're travelling, but it anoying having to work so hard to open it. That is the only downside...In short - if you like the scent, and don't mind spending a little extra, get this! It's as nice a showercream as they come

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by dearholly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lathers well and doesn't smell too bad. I can see this lasting me a while. I don't like the packaging very much.. the twist top is a pain to open and close while in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by winhkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has got to be my favorite shower product. i got it as a sample while purchasing other korres products and the shopkeeper told me it was her favorite - i can see why!

it smells fantastic and i reckon using it in the morning really just wakes you up. the smell isnt too strong that its overpowering, but it lingers all day - im not even joking!

the color is a bright red and it just makes it look so tasty.

ive been loving all the korres products ive tried, but this is definitely my favorite and a must buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is very mild and gentle. The scent is somewhat woody and is sort of a cedar-fig, with perhaps some herbal notes. The bottle is small for the price. It lathers well. Not very sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Miratira

Smells like coco nut and is of red colour - doesn't dry out my skin even though it contains sodium laureath sulfate. I like using it if I want to wake up in the morning because its smell reminds me of summer and vacation time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

The fig scent, to me, straddles that boundary between the green fig tree of Philosykos and the fruit. The scent is love or loathe. I love it. Sadly, it doesn't stay on the skin after rinsing. The soap itself is lightly moisturizing. My skin feels clean, but not tight after I finish. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by zafiro80

I bought this on vacation at Marshall's for dirt cheap. I love this body wash! it leaves my skin balanced and smooth. The smell has notes of sandalwood and just relaxes me.

A Little goes a long way with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by moonchita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, firstly, if you prefer your figs tempered with vanilla or softened by amber then this is not the product for you. This is hardcore fig and nothing but. In fact, the smell is so encompassingly fig that its almost as if you're showering by rubbing a half cut fig over your body- yes, it really is a very fig shower gel and I adore it. The smell is beautiful- very fresh and sharp and it lingers in the bathroom and on your skin afterwards which I have never had with a scented shower gel before. Usually, with most scented shower gels, you get a whiff of whatever it is when you first lather it on and then it dissappears immediately, a very weak synthetic scent. This, however, is on a whole different level and I can smell its delightful fragrance on my skin even after a long hot shower and alot of rinsing. I am not a bog fan of Korres generally as I always thought they were a bit overrated but this really is a beautiful product and a must for fig fans such as myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by shaktigal

I love the scent of figs, as in Phylosikos, very much. The scenting of this Korres Fig shower-gel though, seems rather more aimed at an impression of the dried, sweet fig fruits, rather than fresh ones. However, it is nowhere near that either. Out of the bottle, this seemed to smell interesting and fruity-juicy enough for me to buy it. Sadly, on application, it revealed itself to be a sickly sweet and as it seems, totally synthetically scented shower-gel with a slightly medicinal note (may this be due to Camphor? since there is definitely a cooling agent in it), this on a cleansing base of SLS. As a scent-impression, it gives an aura of Complete tiredness, not something i generally look for in a shower-gel.. To still make use of it I will utilise it as a bath-tub cleanser now, although i like a fresher and more natural scent for that job too.