April 19, 2014 | 917 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - BalmShelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss Set - Nude Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This set includes: All American Girl (clear), Uptown Girl (sheer deep red with golden sheen) and Dream Girl (sheer nude beige). I love the texture, coverage and SPF protection offered by these glosses. I find the colors to be semi-sheer and very moisturizing. Stickiness gets a grade of low to no. Wear gets a grade of good (gloss IMO is just not a long wearing lip product). Scent gets a grade of strong on application then fades to nothing. There is no flavor associated with the glosses. A word about the scent: I could not readily identify the fruit scent but Sephora (in all its helpful wisdom) informed me the scent is strawberry-banana. Word of warning, the banana is very obvious, so if you do not like the smell of bananas, this might not be the gloss for you. My favorite of all the colors is Dream Girl (sheer nude beige) - a very nice summer beige that is not too washed out for my PPP complexion. As a note: the Dream Girl swatch on Sephora makes this color seem very sheer, but IMO this is actually a semi-opaque beige color. Uptown Girl (sheer deep red with golden sheen) is more sheer than Dream Girl and is not as dark on application as it appears in the tube. All American Girl is clear, the SPF protection makes this a staple in my handbag. Overall, the colors are sheer enough that I think they would compliment almost any complexion. I actually have this gloss in every color TheBalm currently produces. I love, wear and recommend them all!