November 24, 2014 | 2104 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Lip Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

expensive but useless, not moisturizing and the smell isnt even impressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lippiereviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this, and I love it. The formula is not to greasy and slippery, but not to buttery. My lips have never dealt well with any form of petrolatum in the past, so when I bought this I was hesitant to try it, but the thought of my lips smelling like chocolate and peppermint won me over.

The scent is spot on, it's a sweet peppermint with the right amount of dark chocolate. It doesn't taste like it, that's for sure, but I like the subtle tingle you get when you put it on. I've had friends ask what's that smell and when I tell them it's my lip balm they don't believe me!

It's very moisturising. It's almost like a gel consistency. It spreads nicely, gives good moisture and also gives a nice subtle gloss. It's still no clear lip gloss, but somewhere in between. It's not like burts bees where it heals incredibly chapped lips though, it just keeps the lips moisturised, not heal them (If you try and apply it to incredibly chapped lips it'll just exaggerate them more). I also love that you can use it under lipstick, over lipstick, whatever takes your fancy. It's also a nice way to enhance your natural lip colour, while your lips get moisturised and glossy while smelling great all in one!

My only problem is the packaging. I really like the applicator and I thought, hey, a squeeze tube is nice cause you can get all the product out right? With both my first and second tubes, it started to get lines where I'd squeeze them. I didn't think much of it, until when I went to squeeze out my lip balm and instead of seeing it come out of the lip applicator, there was a huge glob of it all over my hand. It gets really annoying, and means that i either have to throw it away when they get unbearable, or depotting it, which is annoying since it's a gel-like formula and not that nice to get on your hands.

Other than that problem, the product itself is great and especially the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by musidora1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best lip balms/hydrators ever! Love how it not only heals and repairs dry lips but gives a glossy shine without feeling gooey or sticky and it freshens breath :) Like the slanted applicator, which is easy to clean and sanitize. My only beef is with the packaging: after 6-7 mths of use, the sides of the tube become cracked and the gloss squeezes out when applying and re-applying Otherwise, a definite beauty must-have.
Pros:
-Ingredients such as cocoa seed butter, vitamin E and peppermint
-Glossy shine, does not look goopy
-Great texture, not thick or greasy
-Can be used alone or on top of a lipstick
-Convenient, travel-friendly and easy-glide aplicator
-Great price point
Cons:
-Just don't like how it cracks after "x" amount of uses

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I am a lip gloss junkie so I love just about every lip gloss unless it puts too much color on your lips (like lipstick).

This stuff is wonderful if you love chocolate and peppermint (which I do). It is clear and not as sticky as some glosses. This is my favorite go to gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this product, infact I have two. One that I keep in my handbag at all times and one on my bedside table, the smell is so devine, a cross between after eight mints and kendal mint cake, and it doesnt taste all too bad either for those moments when you forget your wearing anything and lick your lips.

The consistency of this stuff is pretty thick and gloppy but goes on really smooth and glossy and has a lovely clear gloss look, and it keeps your lips really hydrated, i suffer from dry lips a lot and this always helps and makes them lovely and smooth again, I'll buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by michaeladollcinq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this product!! It's fairly cheap I think I payed $3 for it at priceline the quality is pretty good it adds a shiny gloss finish and leaves my lips moisturised and hydrated. Definitely repurchising!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by SkyHawthorne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This Lip butter smells like after eights!!! It is heavenly, the texture is pleasant, it does wonders for my lips, as they are always smooth and hydrated. It is amazing for the price, and i will definatly repurchase it if i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by MissxCindy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip butter. It smells good and it feels amazing on my lips. It leaves a nice natural shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by omgthatgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is absolute perfection. It smells like After Eight chocolates. The packaging is super convenient and hygienic. It's clear and moisturizing, not thick or sticky at all. You get a lot of product. The price is reasonable. It gives a tiny bit of gloss to your lips. IT'S PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product smells AMAZING! I feel like I'm eating an after dinner mint every time I use it. It is very hydrating & soft to wear-I just wish it lasted longer but that might be a result of subconciously licking it off!