Palmer's Cocoa Butter Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Lip Butter

4.2

Petrolatum, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Tocopheryl Acetate (Cocoa), Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Flavor

on 1/27/2015 10:37:00 PM

Odd that I like this, as I dislike gourmand fragrances in perfume. It is a strong chocolate mint fragrance that lingers.

Clear and glossy, not very sticky. Similar to aquaphor or Vaseline type glosses that seal moisture in. I find it less sticky than Smiths rosebud salve somehow, but maybe it's because I don't have to apply by dipping my fingers or lip brush into a pot or tin.

No issues with the tube rupturing, but I don't have the slanted tipped tube. It's a regular squeeze tube.

I also really like Palmers cocoa butter stick, but that is a totally different texture. more matte, closer in feel, but less gritty, than the more expensive citrus scented reve de miel.

on 11/2/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

expensive but useless, not moisturizing and the smell isnt even impressive.

on 9/24/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've repurchased this, and I love it. The formula is not to greasy and slippery, but not to buttery. My lips have never dealt well with any form of petrolatum in the past, so when I bought this I was hesitant to try it, but the thought of my lips smelling like chocolate and peppermint won me over.

The scent is spot on, it's a sweet peppermint with the right amount of dark chocolate. It doesn't taste like it, that's for sure, but I like the subtle tingle you get when you put it on. I've had friends ask what's that smell and when I tell them it's my lip balm they don't believe me!

It's very moisturising. It's almost like a gel consistency. It spreads nicely, gives good moisture and also gives a nice subtle gloss. It's still no clear lip gloss, but somewhere in between. It's not like burts bees where it heals incredibly chapped lips though, it just keeps the lips moisturised, not heal them (If you try and apply it to incredibly chapped lips it'll just exaggerate them more). I also love that you can use it under lipstick, over lipstick, whatever takes your fancy. It's also a nice way to enhance your natural lip colour, while your lips get moisturised and glossy while smelling great all in one!

My only problem is the packaging. I really like the applicator and I thought, hey, a squeeze tube is nice cause you can get all the product out right? With both my first and second tubes, it started to get lines where I'd squeeze them. I didn't think much of it, until when I went to squeeze out my lip balm and instead of seeing it come out of the lip applicator, there was a huge glob of it all over my hand. It gets really annoying, and means that i either have to throw it away when they get unbearable, or depotting it, which is annoying since it's a gel-like formula and not that nice to get on your hands.

Other than that problem, the product itself is great and especially the smell!

on 8/27/2014 3:32:00 AM

One of the best lip balms/hydrators ever! Love how it not only heals and repairs dry lips but gives a glossy shine without feeling gooey or sticky and it freshens breath :) Like the slanted applicator, which is easy to clean and sanitize. My only beef is with the packaging: after 6-7 mths of use, the sides of the tube become cracked and the gloss squeezes out when applying and re-applying Otherwise, a definite beauty must-have.
Pros:
-Ingredients such as cocoa seed butter, vitamin E and peppermint
-Glossy shine, does not look goopy
-Great texture, not thick or greasy
-Can be used alone or on top of a lipstick
-Convenient, travel-friendly and easy-glide aplicator
-Great price point
Cons:
-Just don't like how it cracks after "x" amount of uses

on 7/4/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I am a lip gloss junkie so I love just about every lip gloss unless it puts too much color on your lips (like lipstick).

This stuff is wonderful if you love chocolate and peppermint (which I do). It is clear and not as sticky as some glosses. This is my favorite go to gloss.

on 3/10/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore this product, infact I have two. One that I keep in my handbag at all times and one on my bedside table, the smell is so devine, a cross between after eight mints and kendal mint cake, and it doesnt taste all too bad either for those moments when you forget your wearing anything and lick your lips.

The consistency of this stuff is pretty thick and gloppy but goes on really smooth and glossy and has a lovely clear gloss look, and it keeps your lips really hydrated, i suffer from dry lips a lot and this always helps and makes them lovely and smooth again, I'll buy this again and again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the smell of this product!! It's fairly cheap I think I payed $3 for it at priceline the quality is pretty good it adds a shiny gloss finish and leaves my lips moisturised and hydrated. Definitely repurchising!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This Lip butter smells like after eights!!! It is heavenly, the texture is pleasant, it does wonders for my lips, as they are always smooth and hydrated. It is amazing for the price, and i will definatly repurchase it if i run out.

on 11/18/2013 11:34:00 PM

I love this lip butter. It smells good and it feels amazing on my lips. It leaves a nice natural shine.

on 11/11/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is absolute perfection. It smells like After Eight chocolates. The packaging is super convenient and hygienic. It's clear and moisturizing, not thick or sticky at all. You get a lot of product. The price is reasonable. It gives a tiny bit of gloss to your lips. IT'S PERFECT.

Popular Lip Treatments