November 24, 2014 | 1666 users online

Powder - Gabriel - Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by kyrose101

This stuff was pretty awesome. It covered really really well and felt light and smooth. The only problem for me would probably be price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by jessierose27

Highlights pores and glossy shine upon application
D:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

This made me look dead. It had strange greyish/blue undertones and looked COMPLETELY unnatural. If you want to look like you are wearing makeup (and strange makeup at that) this is for you. I hated it and it now sits in my unused makeup pile. I'm baffled by all the good reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

MY HOLY GRAIL POWDER! BEST POWDER Foundation out there and I have tried them all.I am new to Zu Zu Luxe but I like the healthy ingredients so gave it a shot. I've tried MAC, Lancome, every drugstore powder I swear, Bare Essentials, Pure Minerals, Tarte, Clinique, Este Lauder..you name it....trying to find a nice finish that lasts and doesnt cake and doesnt make me break out or enhance pores...THIS POWDER is the BEST!. I got it a Natural Gocers. I was using this over the oil free Zu Zu foundation which I like but after I purchased the green primer (for toning down red skin) by Zu Zu Luxe...I thought I would try this foundation alone. The primer for one thing packs a punch. Drugstore brands in green tones don't do anything but Zu Zu's is concentrated and you don't need much. So I tried this powder over and its amazing! I am NC 15-20 and use the D-17 which has a nice golden hue to it. This powder gives a nice natural finish but it gives coverage! And it needs touch ups during the day...what powder foundation doesnt...but the nice thing is that you can add more and it doesnt get cakey...just a nice healthy glow. And does not break me out and I have super super sensitive skin. Thank goodness no bismuth in THIS powder! Coverage is great..and it's a pressed powder so that's nice. I have used the little sponge it comes with but prefer my flat Jane Iredale brush to apply. You all HAVE TO TRY THIS! Stop breaking out....stop looking cakey...I really think everyone would like this and it doesnt enhance pores like some. Doesnt look dry and powdery. Just beautiful and at night when I wash my face, it's still there!!!! I hope they never stop making it. I threw my old stash of "standby" makeup totally away! I've NEVER done that! That is how sure i am about this foundation. Hope to see more reviews on it as it's wonderful.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rrosanno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Great range of shades, great application sponge included, mirror included, good coverage.

Cons: Too creamy for my skin, made me break out, a bit pricey.

This foundation did not work for me, but it may work well for someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Gweneveire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the bomb. I have tried a Maybelline powder foundation and a Chanel foundation, and honestly I like this stuff better, which is nice since it's half the price. For a girl who's used to buying inexpensive cosmetics and is shopping on a budget, the roughly $25 foundation is a little pricey, but I like to think of it as an investment in attractive skin.

I'm a fan of heavy coverage, so I pair it with a liquid or airbrushed foundation, but on its own it's a nice way to brighten and smooth out your skin. I prefer applying it with a brush, as the sponge it comes with makes it a little too cakey for me.

I also like a matte finish, which this will provide. I have an issue with foundations making my skin oily, but this keeps it shine-free for hours.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Vgirl111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was just about to give up on mineral foundations and then I ran across this!! I discovered the Gabriel Cosmetics and ZUZU LUXE at PCC and i haven't looked back! I love most everything in their entire line but this foundation was one of the biggest wins for me. It doesn't break me out ( everything breaks me out) and it has amazing coverage that looks natural and pretty!!! I hope they never stop making this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Luciddreamz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. I've used several different loose and pressed mineral powder/foundations to include Jane Iredale. I ended up switching to liquid foundation because they didn't cover well, looked caked on, itched terribly, or seemed to age me. I prefer the way powder foundations feel so when I saw the brand ZUZU Luxe at my local co-op, I decided to try it. I use the little sponge applicator it came with and it goes on amazing. It gives me medium coverage, and a matte but not powdery looking finish. It is by far the best one that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Come the hot, humid months, I turn into a powder foundation junkie. I've tried all sorts of pressed and loose powder foundations and this has to be one of my all-time favorites. The formula is amazing! It gives excellent coverage (heavy medium), wears for hours on end and doesn't break me out. The powder is thick but not powdery at all. I use a flat-topped kabuki brush to apply and I don't feel like there is any powdery mess when applying.

My local whole foods co-op sells just about the entire line of Gabriel and Zuzu Luxe cosmetics, so I was fortunate enough to see the shades IRL. I settled on D-17 which is just a hair too dark for my NC30 skintone. I'd say it would suit me very well once I have a bit more of a tan (NC35-37). It also runs quite yellow, which is great for me.

I find this extremely similar to Becca Pressed MMU but it's half the price. Will repurchase!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by tks243

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combination skin and was originally very hesitant to use this product as a foundation. I originally purchased it to use as powder on top of my Gabrielle moisturizing liquid foundation, which was a bit too greasy for me. I thought the powder would help. I tried it on top of the foundation and I found it to be horrible and made my skin look dull. However, for fun one day I just tried it on its on on my skin. The staying powder is very nice! When you first put it on it does make your skin look more on the matte side. But after about 30 minutes it melts into the skin and looks very nice. And the compact makes it easy for touch ups throughout the day. Very natural looking. I will be purchasing again! A little warning though...if you have dry skin or flake skin I would avoid this. Whenever I do chemical peels then use this my skin looks horrid. I would only suggest this for normal, oily and combo skin. The coverage is great! Even skin tone and covers blemishes well. I purchased D-4 and have fairly yellow undertones to my skin. It looks very pale but I would say it is better to go lighter with this foundation. I just use a blush and a bit of bronzer after and it works perfect.