November 23, 2014 | 1929 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lilyrose93

This stuff worked amazing for me! I am extremely happy with the results. I had very light bleached blonde hair and got new extensions. The extensions were a warmer blonde so I went to the salon to have my natural hair died. When all was said and done my hair turned out basically an ugly dark shade of grey! Bought color oops two days later and did as instructed. After all was said and done it lightened my hair up and brought it to the perfect golden blonde! It does turn your hair slightly orange- or at least it looked that way while it was processing- but after I blew dry it looked amazing! No grey! I would most definitely recommend this product- oh and on the plus side it actually made my already very damaged hair softer... Is that weird? It's a 5 star for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lovedrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is naturally a light brown or dark dirty blonde. I decided to dye my virgin hair a deep, dark chocolate brown. After less than a month I regretted my decision and decided to try Colour Oops to get it back to my natural colour. I had read plenty of reviews on the product and it seemed promising, but I was very disappointed. It definitely did lighten my hair, but only by a few shades. I was left with very orange, copper brown hair... It looked like a dirty penny! I ended up going to a salon to have a professional fix this mess. I know that bleach can lead to orange/brassy colour, which is why I avoided it. Colour Oops basically did the same thing, without lightening it enough. I'm sure this product can help some people lighten their hair without the damaging effects of bleach, but it definitely does not "rinse away colour" as advertised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I worked very well for me. Here is my hair background: short (think Jennifer Lawrence's pixie cut) naturally dark ashy blonde, bleached and dyed medium brown lats year (salon), and then TONS of blonde highlights (salon) Then i went dark, dyed my hair 3 times with a dark brown (4) at home with perfect 10 or belle color. I did a strand test, after 60 minutes my hair was a light auburn/strawberry blonde. Applied earlier today, left it for 40 minutes (i was checking every 10 minutes because it works fast and my hair is porous) and my roots turned a very pale, bleached yellow (like the inside of a banana) and the rest was light auburn, like the strand test. After reading reviews and forums, i had purchased a semi-permanent color in natural dark blonde, to put pigments back in the hair and even out the roots and ends. It gave me a nice strawberry blonde, lots of orange tones but looks natural. It is probably a level 7, so i will wait a week and dye it with a permanent dark ash blonde.
The roots are slightly lighter but it's ok. I left the semi-permanent for 5 minutes (instead of the recommended 10) because the hair are basically free of pigments and they suck the color super fast. Do not buy a brown, it will turn WAY darker than expected. A level 7 seemed to be the right choice for me. Minimum damage (but again, i have short hair)
Careful, there is not a lot of product. My hair is short and it was barely enough to saturate my whole head. If you have medium hair, buy 2 boxes, if you have long hair buy 3. Always do the strand test! Sorry for the length of the review but i feel it's important for that kind of product!! Also, the smell is pretty bad, and it is very runny (almost liquid)
I had to put in a special bottle because the package does not contain one and it can get very messy to apply it....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Whittyurwelcome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product on curly extensions that I dyed black. The black was just too harsh for my skin and I wanted them back to their natural brown color. I left this on for about 25 minutes and rinsed the extensions really well, then shampooed and deep conditioned them. They are back to their natural color and there wasn't any damage to the curl pattern. So happy I tried this. I boutht it at Walgreens and it was $16, so I did not like the price, but the product worked like it said it would.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jarleneswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works! My hair was dyed black and I've been dying it that color for about 5 years or so. It stinks but it's not unbearable. My hair came out to be a light brown/auburn color and I loved it. I didn't even have to dye it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by peaceandpopsicles

Let me preface this review by saying I think this product has unexpected results... meaning you never really know what you are going to get, depending on your hair color, the times you have died it, etc.

This worked perfectly for me. About a week ago I died my hair an all-over dark brown to get rid of my ombre ends. Well, the dark brown came out darker than I liked. It just did nothing for my skin tone and brought out my dark circles!

Well I used Color Oops exactly as the instructions indicated (I admit I might have rinded for 15 minutes instead of the alotted 20.. that's just a LONG time to rinse hair!). After the process was complete, I was left with a gorgeous medium brown color, which is exactly what I wanted.

This product does smell horrible... it is not plesant. I honestly noticed the smell after I had finished the process more than while I was using it. But, I think the smell was worth the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Imjustagrl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

This stuff is awesome! I've had my hair dyed black for at least a couple of years and I've been trying to grow out my hair to get rid of the black. My natural color is medium brown and this stuff worked!! Be prepared to take an extra long shower but when I got out and let my hair dry naturally, it was all my natural color again. I haven't seen that in years!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Belleisbest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product does what it's supposed to do, which is remove color. One complaint I have is that ppl...why are you guys putting BOX color onto your hair expecting it to be the color you think it's going to be? Box colors contains metals which means, the more you color your hair with it, the darker it becomes. Also, ALWAYS keep in mind that COLOR DOES NOT LIFT COLOR, so if you screw up coloring your hair the first time and decide to throw another color on top of that to "fix" it, you're just doing unnecessary damage to your hair and may end up with horrendous mismatched color throughout. Your best bet is to either A.) use a color stripper like color oops and strip out the color then re color with salon quality color or B.) seek professional help. How do I know? I'm a cosmetologist.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Jeanmoref

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried to cover up my hair highlights with a dark auburn hair color, my natural color is light auburn, my hair turned a black color... OMG it was awful.... This THE best product ever... 20 min later, rinse and shampoo alot.... My hair is back.... Amazing... Best $10.00 I have ever spent...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by JustEissler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fine, thin hair that is naturally blonde. I get bored of the colour pretty quickly, so I've been dying it (with colours ranging from blue to black to white blonde) for about ten years. I'm currently trying to grow out my hair, and have spent the past year touching up the roots only (with Olia, in dark brown) in an attempt to keep it relatively healthy. However, I got really tired of constantly seeing blonde roots; my hair grows slowly, but because my natural colour is so light, I could see roots literally a week after dying my hair. Not good. I decided to go back to blonde. In the past, I would just bleach it to death and get it cut short if it ended up damaged, but that wasn't an option this time around. My hair takes way too long to grow for that. So, after doing a bit of research, I figured I'd try Color Oops.

Some people really seemed to have a great experience with it, but to be honest, it did very little for me. I followed the instructions quite carefully and rinsed my hair for an insanely long period of time (maybe half an hour). Unfortunately, when my hair dried, it was....still dark brown. I wasn't expecting it to take much colour out of the length of my hair; however, the ROOTS should have lightened up a bit. No such luck. I think this is one of those hit-or-miss products - works great in some cases, and does absolutely nothing in others.