September 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Whittyurwelcome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product on curly extensions that I dyed black. The black was just too harsh for my skin and I wanted them back to their natural brown color. I left this on for about 25 minutes and rinsed the extensions really well, then shampooed and deep conditioned them. They are back to their natural color and there wasn't any damage to the curl pattern. So happy I tried this. I boutht it at Walgreens and it was $16, so I did not like the price, but the product worked like it said it would.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jarleneswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works! My hair was dyed black and I've been dying it that color for about 5 years or so. It stinks but it's not unbearable. My hair came out to be a light brown/auburn color and I loved it. I didn't even have to dye it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by peaceandpopsicles

Let me preface this review by saying I think this product has unexpected results... meaning you never really know what you are going to get, depending on your hair color, the times you have died it, etc.

This worked perfectly for me. About a week ago I died my hair an all-over dark brown to get rid of my ombre ends. Well, the dark brown came out darker than I liked. It just did nothing for my skin tone and brought out my dark circles!

Well I used Color Oops exactly as the instructions indicated (I admit I might have rinded for 15 minutes instead of the alotted 20.. that's just a LONG time to rinse hair!). After the process was complete, I was left with a gorgeous medium brown color, which is exactly what I wanted.

This product does smell horrible... it is not plesant. I honestly noticed the smell after I had finished the process more than while I was using it. But, I think the smell was worth the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Imjustagrl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

This stuff is awesome! I've had my hair dyed black for at least a couple of years and I've been trying to grow out my hair to get rid of the black. My natural color is medium brown and this stuff worked!! Be prepared to take an extra long shower but when I got out and let my hair dry naturally, it was all my natural color again. I haven't seen that in years!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Belleisbest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product does what it's supposed to do, which is remove color. One complaint I have is that ppl...why are you guys putting BOX color onto your hair expecting it to be the color you think it's going to be? Box colors contains metals which means, the more you color your hair with it, the darker it becomes. Also, ALWAYS keep in mind that COLOR DOES NOT LIFT COLOR, so if you screw up coloring your hair the first time and decide to throw another color on top of that to "fix" it, you're just doing unnecessary damage to your hair and may end up with horrendous mismatched color throughout. Your best bet is to either A.) use a color stripper like color oops and strip out the color then re color with salon quality color or B.) seek professional help. How do I know? I'm a cosmetologist.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Jeanmoref

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried to cover up my hair highlights with a dark auburn hair color, my natural color is light auburn, my hair turned a black color... OMG it was awful.... This THE best product ever... 20 min later, rinse and shampoo alot.... My hair is back.... Amazing... Best $10.00 I have ever spent...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by JustEissler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fine, thin hair that is naturally blonde. I get bored of the colour pretty quickly, so I've been dying it (with colours ranging from blue to black to white blonde) for about ten years. I'm currently trying to grow out my hair, and have spent the past year touching up the roots only (with Olia, in dark brown) in an attempt to keep it relatively healthy. However, I got really tired of constantly seeing blonde roots; my hair grows slowly, but because my natural colour is so light, I could see roots literally a week after dying my hair. Not good. I decided to go back to blonde. In the past, I would just bleach it to death and get it cut short if it ended up damaged, but that wasn't an option this time around. My hair takes way too long to grow for that. So, after doing a bit of research, I figured I'd try Color Oops.

Some people really seemed to have a great experience with it, but to be honest, it did very little for me. I followed the instructions quite carefully and rinsed my hair for an insanely long period of time (maybe half an hour). Unfortunately, when my hair dried, it was....still dark brown. I wasn't expecting it to take much colour out of the length of my hair; however, the ROOTS should have lightened up a bit. No such luck. I think this is one of those hit-or-miss products - works great in some cases, and does absolutely nothing in others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by rikkic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To begin, my hair is an ashy medium brown that I have been dying various versions of black (black, soft black, black/brown, etc.) for about a year now. On top of that, I have been using box dyes AND dying my hair from root-to-tip each time (stupid, I know.) I decided that after a year I wanted my natural medium brown hair back OR at least some version of a dark brown.

I looked into bleaching and decided against it as it /always/ causes damage and would most likely turn my hair a nasty orange color. I read several reviews about Color Oops and Colorfix, but ultimately decided to go with Color Oops. After going to three different Wal-Marts to find it, I finally ran across it. This stuff sells fast, I assume.

I bought two boxes as I have very long, very thick, very curly hair and found no problem covering my entire head with two boxes. A little goes a long way as the product is very very very runny. I coated my entire head, put on the cap it comes with, and lightly blow tried my hair for the 20 minutes. As for the smell, IT DOES NOT SMELL THAT BAD. I mean, of course it isn't a pleasant smell, but it is NOT as overpowering as other reviewers have stated.

After leaving the product in my hair for 20 minutes, I hopped in the shower and rinsed for 25 minutes - vigorously. I applied shampoo around 4 times and scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed! I got out of the shower (finally), let my hair towel try, and looked at my results.

Wow! I was so pleased. The majority of my hair was returned to a darker version of my natural color (about a dark ash brown) while my roots were much lighter and coppery. To combat this, I purchased a medium ash brown hair dye and applied it to my roots FOR ONLY 3 MINUTES. Trust me, it soaks up fast. I washed out, blow-dried, and found my hair to me a nice, neutral dark brown! Of course, there were still a FEW patches of black throughout, but once styled and hair-sprayed, I could barely even tell.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this product. However, if you do have layers upon layers of black hair dye like I had, you may need to apply the product twice if you desire a lighter color than dark brown. Also, I definitely recommend applying the product to the roots very last if you don't want to worry about re-dying.

Oh, and no added damage to my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by innocencefades

y'all let me tell you. I've been dying my hair for 9 years - every shade imaginable. Went red in January and after 6 months, got tired of it. So, being a huge skeptical, I decided to check out the reviews here for this stuff before trying it. After debating, I picked up two boxes and got to work on my hair.

Now lemme tell you guys - the smell is absolutely putrid, as if you went diving into a pool of sewage, straight from a new york city sewer. It stinks the whole house up and 6 shampoos doesn't pull the smell of hot, rotten eggs out of your hair (so def don't see your boyfriends the day you use this LOL) Those saying it isn't "that bad" are full of it. it absolutely stinks horribly, in a way that would make Satan cry to his mommy. but now, to the good news.

it pulled me pretty damn close to my natural shade - from a reddish violet to a blonde shade that would be easy to dye right over. I long ago forgot my natural color but this seems to have gotten the job done as it said it would. I would recommend a long, long long night of sitting under a cap with your hair doused in the strongest conditioner you can find to kill the smell.

I can't speak for other hair colors - black, green, blue, I have no idea how this would work for y'all. But for me, a redhead, it worked great. But for the weak of heart who cannot handle bad smells, you might wanna skip this unless you're desperate. the smell is an abomination.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I honestly don't know if I should review this or not considering that I couldn't bring myself to put it on my head. I mixed the two containers and got it ready for use, and put a dot on my skin and some on some hair as a strand test.

The smell was so incredibly awful that I chucked it in the dumpster in the alley rather than have the container in my house. I scrubbed it off of my skin and out of the sink where the strand was being tested. It honestly smelled like someone set a skunk on fire.

What ungodly chemicals are in THIS toxic waste concoction? It doesn't even smell like perm solution, which is almost tolerable. This stuff is so gag inducing that there was no way I was putting it in any amount on my actual body or hair.