December 18, 2014 | 1672 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works like a charm, i decided to dye my hair a cherry red one day, well apparently my hair did not like the dye it turned freaking PINK. Rushed to the store with a towel on my head and got this stuff never used a color stripper before but i had no choice!

It worked well got the entire pink out without leaving any kind of stain or tint in my hair, although do watch out too much of this stuff will mess your hair up beyond repair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by MMHC102

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little hesitant to try it because I have bleached and dyed my hair so many times. But it turned out pretty good, without having to do it another time. While I do not mind the colour now, once it starts changing I will give it another go. Colour oops only removes hair dye, it will not take colour off of virgin hair. If you had naturally blond hair you probably will get a tint to it. More layers of hair dye more times you may have to use this product. My hair still feels in pretty good shape, my ends could use a trim but they could have used it before I used this product. If you have ever bleached your hair your base colour after using this will be either really copper yellow or bright yellow. If you have dyed your hair a lot, even not bleaching you may still gets spots from excess damage from dying. The red I had on my hair lifted some colour from my natural colour so it's still a little red, but I don't mind it.
read other reviews if you must, I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely better than stripping or bleaching right away.
Yes the smell is not the greatest, but it does not smell as bad as what I was expecting based on other reviews. If you have ever permed your hair, which I have, it's a similar smell to that.
You may also have to cut the tip off the applicator bottle, but other than that no issues, very runny product but it made it for easer application I feel like. It was $17.99 where I'm from, so be prepared for different price ranges.
1 box worked for my entire head, I have thin straight hair, passed my chest.
Hope it works for you! I definitely will keep this product in mind

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I hated this stuff. I purchased it to remove a temporary dye from my highlighted hair. First of all, yes it does reek, and the stench lingers in your hair for days, even after washing.
I had issues with the cap as well. Most hair application caps snap off the top of the nozzle and for the life of me, this one would not twist off, pull of, snap off, nothing. I had to apply it through a leak in the screw on cap.
The results were a brassy, horrible colour. I realize that most people have the intention to recolor after using this but upon doing so by my colorist, she informed me that the product had been really hard on my hair. My once healthy looking hair now looks frazzled with busted ends. Never ever again would I use this and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lilyrose93

This stuff worked amazing for me! I am extremely happy with the results. I had very light bleached blonde hair and got new extensions. The extensions were a warmer blonde so I went to the salon to have my natural hair died. When all was said and done my hair turned out basically an ugly dark shade of grey! Bought color oops two days later and did as instructed. After all was said and done it lightened my hair up and brought it to the perfect golden blonde! It does turn your hair slightly orange- or at least it looked that way while it was processing- but after I blew dry it looked amazing! No grey! I would most definitely recommend this product- oh and on the plus side it actually made my already very damaged hair softer... Is that weird? It's a 5 star for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lovedrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is naturally a light brown or dark dirty blonde. I decided to dye my virgin hair a deep, dark chocolate brown. After less than a month I regretted my decision and decided to try Colour Oops to get it back to my natural colour. I had read plenty of reviews on the product and it seemed promising, but I was very disappointed. It definitely did lighten my hair, but only by a few shades. I was left with very orange, copper brown hair... It looked like a dirty penny! I ended up going to a salon to have a professional fix this mess. I know that bleach can lead to orange/brassy colour, which is why I avoided it. Colour Oops basically did the same thing, without lightening it enough. I'm sure this product can help some people lighten their hair without the damaging effects of bleach, but it definitely does not "rinse away colour" as advertised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I worked very well for me. Here is my hair background: short (think Jennifer Lawrence's pixie cut) naturally dark ashy blonde, bleached and dyed medium brown lats year (salon), and then TONS of blonde highlights (salon) Then i went dark, dyed my hair 3 times with a dark brown (4) at home with perfect 10 or belle color. I did a strand test, after 60 minutes my hair was a light auburn/strawberry blonde. Applied earlier today, left it for 40 minutes (i was checking every 10 minutes because it works fast and my hair is porous) and my roots turned a very pale, bleached yellow (like the inside of a banana) and the rest was light auburn, like the strand test. After reading reviews and forums, i had purchased a semi-permanent color in natural dark blonde, to put pigments back in the hair and even out the roots and ends. It gave me a nice strawberry blonde, lots of orange tones but looks natural. It is probably a level 7, so i will wait a week and dye it with a permanent dark ash blonde.
The roots are slightly lighter but it's ok. I left the semi-permanent for 5 minutes (instead of the recommended 10) because the hair are basically free of pigments and they suck the color super fast. Do not buy a brown, it will turn WAY darker than expected. A level 7 seemed to be the right choice for me. Minimum damage (but again, i have short hair)
Careful, there is not a lot of product. My hair is short and it was barely enough to saturate my whole head. If you have medium hair, buy 2 boxes, if you have long hair buy 3. Always do the strand test! Sorry for the length of the review but i feel it's important for that kind of product!! Also, the smell is pretty bad, and it is very runny (almost liquid)
I had to put in a special bottle because the package does not contain one and it can get very messy to apply it....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Whittyurwelcome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product on curly extensions that I dyed black. The black was just too harsh for my skin and I wanted them back to their natural brown color. I left this on for about 25 minutes and rinsed the extensions really well, then shampooed and deep conditioned them. They are back to their natural color and there wasn't any damage to the curl pattern. So happy I tried this. I boutht it at Walgreens and it was $16, so I did not like the price, but the product worked like it said it would.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jarleneswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works! My hair was dyed black and I've been dying it that color for about 5 years or so. It stinks but it's not unbearable. My hair came out to be a light brown/auburn color and I loved it. I didn't even have to dye it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by peaceandpopsicles

Let me preface this review by saying I think this product has unexpected results... meaning you never really know what you are going to get, depending on your hair color, the times you have died it, etc.

This worked perfectly for me. About a week ago I died my hair an all-over dark brown to get rid of my ombre ends. Well, the dark brown came out darker than I liked. It just did nothing for my skin tone and brought out my dark circles!

Well I used Color Oops exactly as the instructions indicated (I admit I might have rinded for 15 minutes instead of the alotted 20.. that's just a LONG time to rinse hair!). After the process was complete, I was left with a gorgeous medium brown color, which is exactly what I wanted.

This product does smell horrible... it is not plesant. I honestly noticed the smell after I had finished the process more than while I was using it. But, I think the smell was worth the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Imjustagrl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

This stuff is awesome! I've had my hair dyed black for at least a couple of years and I've been trying to grow out my hair to get rid of the black. My natural color is medium brown and this stuff worked!! Be prepared to take an extra long shower but when I got out and let my hair dry naturally, it was all my natural color again. I haven't seen that in years!!