April 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by lamernoire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite cleanser ever! I have very sensitive skin that's prone to dryness, and this is the only cleanser I have found that doesn't irritate, make my skin red or dry me out. My face always feels refreshed and super clean after using it. It is pricey for a cleanser, but worth it to me for a product that works so well. The packaging is good (I like pump bottles for cleansers), the only downsides are that you can't travel with pump bottles and sometimes it's hard to get the last of it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by victoriah8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've found it...I have tried natural cleansers in the past (Ren, A'kin) but they still irritated my sensitive skin and contained too much fragrance to be deemed truly gentle. Trilogy Cleansing Cream, although lightly scented, does no such thing. My skin is hydrated and I no longer have red cheeks and stinging skin after cleansing. Cleansing should not be stressful for the skin! I should not have to calm my skin down after taking my makeup off at the end of the day!
I'd never had that much success with balm cleansers as they require too much rubbing and removing, which aggravates my rosacea. I love the lotion-like texture of this one and find that it removes makeup effectively. Eye makeup, as other users have mentioned, may require some more attention.
I read somewhere that this cleanser has half a bottle of rosehip oil in it? That has to be a good thing. Also, I just noticed that Trilogy have a Very Gentle Cleanser as well. I can't imagine the regular being any gentler but props to them for looking after those of us with delicate skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a pack of five travel size Trilogy products and this was one of them. I loved it so much I bought the full size yesterday. I love the smell and the consistency. I massage it onto my damp face and neck, then remove it with a hot washcloth. It takes off my long-wear foundation very well and seems to make my face glow. I do have to use an eye make-up remover first, it's not effective at removing eye make-up! I follow it with the Trilogy Nutrient Plus firming serum and the Trilogy Vital Moisturizing cream, and my skin loves this. I don't have great skin but it's the best it's been for many years at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really can't think of anything negative to say about this cleanser. It's so gentle, smells clean and fresh (but not perfumed), is easy on the wallet (well in Australia it is), easy to buy. You can buy this in a more travel friendly size (squeeze conatiner) or size up with a glass bottled pump. I have very dry/dry skin and the natural oils contained in the cleansing keep my skin from drying out (no tight skin after). I have also tried Kosmea's cleanser with I find to be the same in quality so I tend to swap between the two. I double-cleanse at night and this makes an excellent first cleanser to use in the shower or with your Clarisonic etc.

I have used other premium brand cleansers (Lancome, Clarins, Chanel) but I prefer this one by far.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bobcat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not happy. I've used this cleanser for the first time this morning & already I have the tell-tale red mark on my chin that tells me that my skin is saying 'I'm not happy with something in this'. Wot a shame!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by angelfish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is gentle on rosacea and sensitive skin. it leaves my skin comfortable and soothed, also has made my pores less visible. you need to cleanse twice if you have make up on though. like other natural organic products this gives me dark undereye circles (doesn't happen if i use soap or mineral oil based products). that bothers me, but overall i'm happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by littlecutefishy

this is one of the best cleansers ive used. it has a light herbal lavender smell and doesnt really lather on your face for some reason. despite that, it still removes oil but the reason i only gave 4 lippies was because it doesnt remove makeup that well(its ok, you can live with cleansing twice) and the cleanser is pretty expensive. you need almost one pump every time so it'll last about 2 months max. other than that, i really love it will repurchase when i finish the bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love love Trilogy products. I have battled a weird combination of mild eczema, dry skin with the bonus of sporadic breakouts/blackheads (attractive). So products for dry sensitive skin would cause breakouts and those for breakouts would exacerbate the irritation. I have tried everything then came Trilogy. People now comment on my skin and ask what I use. This is an absolute first for me, miracle!!!!
I use this cleanser or the amazing Age-proof enzyme cleanser followed by their rosehip oil.Please note I double cleanse if wearing long-ware makeup or waterproof sunscreen My skin is now clear, supple, and dare I say glowing??
I cannot rave enough about this cleanser or the other cleanser (I cannot find an entry to review it separately).
Another bonus I have found is that these cleansers also remove waterproof sunscreen wonderfully. Each summer I would get horrible blackheads when using waterproof sunscreen daily, this summer nada!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never liked cream cleansers despite it being good for the increasingly dry parts of my combination-dry skin. I bought the trilogy travel set and this was included in it. I tried it one day and went "Woah! What is this feeling?" It was soothing and refreshing at the same time! I have never associated the word "refreshing" with any of the cream cleansers I have tried (And I have tried plenty). The best part is that it rinses clean, with no ickiness like you still have product on your face. And my skins feels velvety after that! Smells lovely, like what you'd get entering a spa. I learned how to remove waterproof mascara with it from the SA. You add a drop or two of their rose hip oil to it and voila! It's gone!! Am using the full sized bottle now. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really like this cleanser, I know because I managed to finish the whole bottle. I'm a nightmare with my beauty products, especially cleansers, always looking for something better, so I usually never use one up completely before moving on to the next. I

have combination to oily skin and I am prone to acne flare ups from time to time. I bought this as I was looking for something gentle to cleanse off my makeup, that wouldn't strip my skin of it's natural oils, and this really did the trick. I would either use it on my face when it was dry, or slightly damp. I would agree with a previous user who said that if your face is wet it tends to slide off a bit so I would usually just wet my hands and pat them on my face to give it a bit of moisture first. Once rubbed in for a minute or so, I would rinse with water or use a warm face cloth (which is really nice) to take off the cleanser, this leave your skin feeling silky soft. Every other day I would mix a little bit of my Clinique seven day scrub into the cleanser, I find that if I don't exfoliate every few days I tend to get little blocked pores. The scrub mixed in with this cleanser managed to exfoliate and nourish my skin and it always felt great afterwards. The smell is lovely, very natural and like something from a Spa, the bottle is great too and the glass bottle give off a really high quality look, but the best part is the pump at the top, really hygienic and gives out just the right amount of the product. But also when I came to the end of the bottle, I was able to unscrew the pump and pour it onto my hand to make sure that I got use of the whole bottle. Didn't break me out at all, and helped with past acne marks and skin texture, I think the rosehip in it helps a lot!

I have since switched to another Trilogy product, the age proof enzyme cleanser, not because I didn't like this one, but like I said I am forever changing my products, I like that the age proof has exfoliating enzymes in it (although it is still a smooth cream, no grains). This lathers up every so slight is as well which is nice and holds better on your face if it is wet, I never use this one directly on dry skin and don't need to add an exfoliate into it, really liking it so far...can't say enough good things about trilogy products.