September 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought the Trilogy Cream Cleanser in the tube not the bottle. It seems to be moisturizng while you're cleansing your face. It's not too thick and not too thin in texture. Most of the time the smeell of this cleanser seems alright, natural and herbal but when my washcloth, or flannel, is still very warm from all of the hot water then the smell of the cleanser in the cloth takes on a slight smell of wet dog fur for some reason and I don't know why because that smell hasn't occured with other cream cleansers in the past! *shrugs shoulders*

I may buy the Trilogy cream cleanser for sensitive skin next time. I just can't find a cream cleanser that smell nice because the Super Facialist by Una Brennan Rose Hydrate cream cleanser has a great texture to it but it has a cloying, obnoxious or very strong and annoying rose scent. So I may have to find a cream cleanser that smells like nothing, something like the ones made for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by calico

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A dependable cream cleanser. I have tested many green or organic cream cleansers (PAI, MV Organics, Mychelle, A'kin, Intelligent Nutrients, Madara etc) and I find Trilogy's cream cleanser to be a good affordable cleanser that works and will not make a big dent in your wallet.

It has a nice scent and a nice slightly thick consistency to it (i don't much like cream cleansers that have thin consistency) and my dry and sensitive skin does not react negatively to this at all. I use a muslin cloth with this every time I wash my face and it has made my skin very smooth and clean.

Took a lippie off because of the glass bottle. It is very nice aesthetically to look at on the top of my sink, but always in danger of breaking it not handled gently.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin and this irritated my skin, make my skin red and sting. I checked the ingredients with my dermatologist and we put it down to the well known skin sensitisers/irritants Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool. That is pretty disappointing because they are the same ingredients that appear in cheap cosmetics everywhere as perfume agents that are not recommended for sensitive skin. The company make a separate cream cleanser that is labelled for sensitive skin so in a way they are telling us "cream cleanser" contains ingredients that could irritate sensitive skin. If you have very sensitive skin I don't recommend this without getting a weeks sample first to be sure your skin can tolerate it. My skin responds very well to the oil cleansing method so I'll go back to that. I do like the pump packaging though.

I wanted to add the person who claimed that each bottle is "more than half a bottle of rosehip oil which is the key selling point for me" is completely confused. The first three ingredients in order are water, almond oil, glycerin, so it contains very little Rosehip oil at all, and is probably more than 50% water in each bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by lamernoire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite cleanser ever! I have very sensitive skin that's prone to dryness, and this is the only cleanser I have found that doesn't irritate, make my skin red or dry me out. My face always feels refreshed and super clean after using it. It is pricey for a cleanser, but worth it to me for a product that works so well. The packaging is good (I like pump bottles for cleansers), the only downsides are that you can't travel with pump bottles and sometimes it's hard to get the last of it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by victoriah8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've found it...I have tried natural cleansers in the past (Ren, A'kin) but they still irritated my sensitive skin and contained too much fragrance to be deemed truly gentle. Trilogy Cleansing Cream, although lightly scented, does no such thing. My skin is hydrated and I no longer have red cheeks and stinging skin after cleansing. Cleansing should not be stressful for the skin! I should not have to calm my skin down after taking my makeup off at the end of the day!
I'd never had that much success with balm cleansers as they require too much rubbing and removing, which aggravates my rosacea. I love the lotion-like texture of this one and find that it removes makeup effectively. Eye makeup, as other users have mentioned, may require some more attention.
I read somewhere that this cleanser has half a bottle of rosehip oil in it? That has to be a good thing. Also, I just noticed that Trilogy have a Very Gentle Cleanser as well. I can't imagine the regular being any gentler but props to them for looking after those of us with delicate skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a pack of five travel size Trilogy products and this was one of them. I loved it so much I bought the full size yesterday. I love the smell and the consistency. I massage it onto my damp face and neck, then remove it with a hot washcloth. It takes off my long-wear foundation very well and seems to make my face glow. I do have to use an eye make-up remover first, it's not effective at removing eye make-up! I follow it with the Trilogy Nutrient Plus firming serum and the Trilogy Vital Moisturizing cream, and my skin loves this. I don't have great skin but it's the best it's been for many years at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really can't think of anything negative to say about this cleanser. It's so gentle, smells clean and fresh (but not perfumed), is easy on the wallet (well in Australia it is), easy to buy. You can buy this in a more travel friendly size (squeeze conatiner) or size up with a glass bottled pump. I have very dry/dry skin and the natural oils contained in the cleansing keep my skin from drying out (no tight skin after). I have also tried Kosmea's cleanser with I find to be the same in quality so I tend to swap between the two. I double-cleanse at night and this makes an excellent first cleanser to use in the shower or with your Clarisonic etc.

I have used other premium brand cleansers (Lancome, Clarins, Chanel) but I prefer this one by far.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bobcat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not happy. I've used this cleanser for the first time this morning & already I have the tell-tale red mark on my chin that tells me that my skin is saying 'I'm not happy with something in this'. Wot a shame!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by angelfish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is gentle on rosacea and sensitive skin. it leaves my skin comfortable and soothed, also has made my pores less visible. you need to cleanse twice if you have make up on though. like other natural organic products this gives me dark undereye circles (doesn't happen if i use soap or mineral oil based products). that bothers me, but overall i'm happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by littlecutefishy

this is one of the best cleansers ive used. it has a light herbal lavender smell and doesnt really lather on your face for some reason. despite that, it still removes oil but the reason i only gave 4 lippies was because it doesnt remove makeup that well(its ok, you can live with cleansing twice) and the cleanser is pretty expensive. you need almost one pump every time so it'll last about 2 months max. other than that, i really love it will repurchase when i finish the bottle