October 24, 2014 | 1458 users online

Palettes - Lancome - Rose Du Soir in Désir 001

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This palette has a great mix of flattering colours with long lasting power. Very pretty purple packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Sam1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite ever eyeshadow palette. I received this for Christmas from mum a few years back and loved it. I have since repurchased and now only use it sparingly as it no longer seems to be widely available. The shadows are beautiful and very pigmented, and I've never had a problem with staying power. Well worth the money if you can find it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty quad - the colours are gorgeous. There is a soft, slightly warm pale pink, a cool, shimmery lilac purple, a deep plum satin and a slightly green toned, antique silver.
They blend superbly and last for ages on. This quad is surprisingly versatile - you can do everything from a sweet and simple pink and purple pastel eye combination for the office to a sultry smoky eye with purple and silvery green for a night out.
I have mixed feelings about the packaging. The compact itself is rectangular, slim, metallic purple and quite elegant but they have added these fancy black tassels and cords - the cord is detachable which is great because I took mine off and threw it away. It was driving me crazy and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever! The tassel I can live with... The pans themselves look quite small but are 1.2g each. And with the pigmentation level, you only need a bit so this should last a reasonably long time. The brushes are surprisingly good - small but well thought out with three different shape and width sponge applicators, one is even suitable for lining which is a great option to have.
Very pretty and one of my favourites!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazingly pretty palette made by Lancôme which I recently found in my stash.

It contains four lovely colors: a medium shimmery pink, a soft shimmery purple, a matte dark purple and a sparkely dark silver with fine glitter. With these colors you can create some amazing eye looks. I am a sucker for pinks and purples so I love this palette.

The packagaing is nice as well. With the roses as decorations. However, I hate the fact that the packaging gets nasty fingerprints on it immediately. Three eye shadow sponge applicators are included. They are ok, though I prefer to use my own brushes. The lid has a big mirror. There's also a silly string-thingie attached to the palette which makes not much sense to me. Overall a very cute palette with wearable colors!

As for quality, it is superb! Fantastic lasting power. The texture is so smooth and soft, very silky. The only downside with this product is the price... which is rather high.

For reference: I'm a pale blonde w/ blue eyes. continued >>