Boots Botanics Moisturising Deep Clean Foam

4.4

Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mel (Honey), PEG 5 Cocamide, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Sodium Chloride, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Panthenol, Acrylates Crosspolymer

on 7/29/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have finally found the first that I love! I have combination skin with the dry parts being very flaky and never looking smooth. I always have a few blemishes and my skin breaks out from EVERYTHING. I have probably purchased at least 40 cleansers without liking any of them. I had been using Murads clarifying cleanser which only made my skin drier and didn't improve my acne. I have been using this new cleanser for a week now and I'm so happy with it! Doesn't leave my skin really dry and my acne is really clearing up. I even got a compliment on how glowy my face looked! It was exciting to finally have a compliment on my skin. It has a very nice, light floral scent that's pleasing. Definitely would recommend this and buy it again.

EDIT: starting breaking out using it and it made my face very dry.

on 6/27/2012 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently started getting into Skincare products again and I decided that I needed to change up my usual routine. I have a multitude of cleansers but the problem I run across is makeup removing and feeling clean afterwards. The only thing that had seemed to work for me was washing with the Botanics Gentle Cleansing Crème without water and removing with a warm wash cloth. I decided to purchase this based on the great reviews in comparison with other brands like Shiseido or Kiehl’s. I love this stuff.

My skin type is normal. I have the occational dry spots during the winter seasons and semi-oily T-zone but nothing that I have ever been determined to get rid of. I’ve been blessed with great skin as is with one to two pimples a month. It’s a crème based cleanser (my favorite type) and it lathers up like a dream. You only need a small amount and when you wash it off, you feel clean but “squeaky” clean as others would put it. I’ve started using it with my Clarisonic Pro (deep pore cleansing brush head) and I’ve noticed a huge difference. My skin feels incredibly soft and those one to two pimple as month I usually get have decreased to none a month.

Best find yet will keep repurchasing. I’ve also decided that I love the Botanics line out of everything else I’ve ever tried. Which even includes the extreme higher end stuff like Sisley, Environ, etc. For some reason, this stuff just seems to work on my skin the best. I’ve purchased the Botanics Face Renewal SPF 15 Cream and the Botanics Complexion Refining Light Night Cream. Using one line has really benefitted because I feel like I’m getting the best results.

on 4/11/2012 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this once a day in the mornings and my skin has never looked better since I've started. It looks fresh and clean and feels smooth and firm.

I've managed to get it too close to my eye area numerous times and I've never felt any irritation with it.

Edit after using for about 3 months I've found it's really drying out my skin. I typically like to wait 5 minutes before putting moisturiser on after using this face wash. During that time my cheeks and chin in particular have really dried out. I'd most likely swap to using this every 2-3 days rather than every day.

on 3/5/2012 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this moisturising face was it really deep cleanses my skin also great to remove make up even mascara. Leaves my skin soft and sooth and very gentle on skin. Has honey and rice.. wich smell great. Last about 3 months.. for the price best deal ever! Perfect for normal to dry skin.

on 2/28/2012 3:31:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-proned skin and this cleanser is a very soothing, creamy, but foamy cleanser. I use it in conjunction with my clarisonic mia and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It doesn't leave my skin dry and it has a light, floral scent. Overall, it's a nice, basic cleanser.

I love this face wash! It doesn't irritate my dry skin yet it's still very deep cleaning. I love that it removes my makeup so well and even my eye makeup! It's very gentle and my face never feels tight or stripped afterwards. I also like that this is so affordable at only 6.99 at my local target. I will definitely buy more when I run out!

on 6/11/2011 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially bought this to pair with Olay's Pro X brush cleanser to keep or add some moisture to my skin, since the Pro X is pretty much a gentle exfoliator.

I use this in the shower with the Pro X to remove whatever residue may linger after using my Neutrogena makeup remover wipes (which is rare because those wipes do a good job) or simply to take off all my makeup in the shower in one step on my lazy days. Removes my face makeup easily. I also use this cleanser on its own without the pro x and it doesn't leave a film and doesn't strip my skin of moisture or leave it feeling taut. BUT, I don't use it just on its own to remove my makeup, as it will have a harder time trying to get it all off. I like it. Will repurchase.

on 3/21/2011 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

+ Luxuriously moisturising and creamy
- Leaves a tight film on my face after I use it - I use it in the shower so it's not like I'm not rinsing it all off my face. Will update review after trying it in the basin instead.

Won't repurchase because I like trying out other products and there's nothing uber-special about this one.

Love it! Smells wonderful, gentle enough to be a good winter cleanser, skin is clean & feels great, the price is reasonable, reminds me more of a cleansing "balm" vs a foaming cleanser though it does provide a lightweight foam. Excellent product for those who have dry skin or in need of milder cleanser that doesn't strip. I would not recommend this to remove makeup, I don't think it contains enough detergents, use a makeup remover 1st then follow with this cleanser.

on 10/3/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Switched over from the mousse to this due to the latter's leaky packaging. This emollient-producing gel is much easier to use in the shower and traveling and I prefer it to the other. Paula Begouin says the amount of Sodium Laureth Sulfate is trivial enough in this to make it a good choice, but compared to using a cleansing cream or milk I always need moisturizer after this product. I like to alternate- this in the shower to really get a good cleanse, and the Boots Cleansing Milk to remove make up in the evening without a need for moisturizer after. I do tend to have traces of make up left after this product, especially around my eyes, so I would recommend a make up remover in addition to this.