Boots No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ln Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium PCA, Aluminum Stearate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ceramide 3, BHT, Ceramide 6, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product because I have purchased it twice; however I will not be purchasing again as it does have its negatives and I feel there are better foundations out there. The reasons why I did love this product was because the colour match was exact as their is now a skin matcher which I think is great as I really don't like the hassle of finding my own colour match as I either pick one that is to light or to dark so I found this amazing that it was matched to my skin tone, I also loved the natural ingredients in this product; I found there wasn't a strong fragrance to it, which is perfect for my skin as fragrance can irritate my skin- especially because It is sensitive. The packaging was lovely; and I loved that it had a pump as this means none of the product could be wasted. Another thing that I loved about this foundation is that you can wear it by itself or you can wear other products on top such as; bronzer, blusher, concealer etc. and it can be worn throughout the day for a natural look or you can dress it up for the night time as well.

However there were some dislikes about this product. The reasons why I wouldn't purchase this product again is because I found that it didn't have a good coverage, this foundation covered my redness but it did not cover my spots, however I do have acne so maybe I need to consider buying a foundation with a higher coverage. I also found that this foundation doesn't last through the day but that may be because I had oily skin at the time when using this foundation but now I have very dry skin due to medical reasons so the outcome could be different. BUT this could be due to my skin type (sensitive, spot prone etc.) remember its what suits your skin, some products work better for other people and this product didn't work at its best for me. Apart from the coverage and the lasting of the foundation I would say its a good product to try out if you are looking for a natural foundation with a light coverage, however if you have spot prone skin like me I wouldn't recommend it if you are wanting a medium/high coverage. This could also just depend on your skin type. Overall there are more positive's than negatives for this product but I have tried it for long enough now and its not the perfect foundation for me.
(Shade Calico)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This ~used~ to be my go to foundation. (I now use Max Factor Lasting Perfection liquid foundation).

What I like about this foundation is:
- perfect amount of product dispensed from the pump
- smooth going on, very blend-able
- medium coverage (good for me but maybe not enough for others)

Cons:
- Can catch on dry areas (but not always, depends how my eczema flares up).
- Could be seen as slightly pricey for some people (around £14)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Out of all the high-end and drug store foundations that I have tried, this has to be hands down the best foundation I have ever owned! I am on my second bottle now and will continue to purchase it. Since finding this foundation I have neglected using the rest of my foundations because nothing competes any more, from my Nars sheer glow, to Armani silky foundation and estee lauder's double wear. I am so satisfied that I don't feel the need to try out any more foundations.

Pros: easy application, long lasting, blends well and looks great, great price for the quality you are getting, great packaging (travel friendly, has a pump and it's not glass), buildable from low to medium/ high coverage and doesn't make me break out!!!! (I have sensitive skin).

Cons: I love it so much that it has made me neglect the rest of my foundations :P

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

i have oily skin and i have used many foundations in the past to try and help my oily skin. This is the only one that helps it. It doesn't stop it from getting oily, but it helps prevent it so my makeup stays on for longer. I would definitely recommend to anyone with oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation!
First off, I bought my first bottle for about £10 with a coupon. I believe the full price of this bottle is £14.50. In the store, one of the sales girls matched my skin to the shade Calico. I bought it and took it home! (The second time I bought the foundation, I bought it full-price. But I did get one of their mascaras which I believe for for about £10 half price).
At first I found it difficult to apply this foundation with the method I previously used, with a foundation brush. It left the foundation really smeary and not very attractive. It took a bit of experimenting to discover a stippling brush works best with this foundation for me.The coverage of this foundation I would say is medium. I have badly scarred skin from acne, and also a bit of acne currently. The foundation covers the scars very well, but not so much on the current acne I have. With a concealer though, it basically covers all. The foundation is can be built up for better coverage.
My only problem with this foundation is it seems to migrate to ridges in my skin (Mainly wrinkles on my forehead and my under eyes) which is not a very nice look. I usually apply the foundation all over, and then have to blend in these areas even more than I would anyway. This is my only grump, though.
The stay-power of this foundation is amazing, I can put it on before college at 7am and it will stay looking fresh (with a top-up of powder to combat shine) until I get home at 5pm. I also have very sensitive skin, and this product does not inflame my skin at all! I really love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My sister bought this for me in the shade Calico. tbh I didn't touch it at all for quite some time, thought it wasn't the right match for my skin (I'm a fair-medium with yellow undertones). But once I finally decided to try it I was in love! Now I don't wear much makeup so I can't give a completely detailed review on it but here's what I think:

- Nice packaging - comes in a pump bottle
- Nice scent (ok this is kinda weird to point out bc it's not like it's a flowery scent or something but for a foundation I think it smells really nice haha)
- Easy to blend
- Great coverage
- OK oil control power (My T-zone would get oily after 3-4 hrs which is fine bc I have super oily skin & just too lazy to pick up a decent shine control primer)

What I like most is that with this shade, despite the fact it looks quite dark and more on the cool tone side, when applied on my skin it will oxidize after a while and gives me beautiful, healthy-looking skin (I have strong yellow undertones which can look sickly sometimes so this is a huge plus for me!) Would have given this 5 lippies if not for the availability!

I really didn't like this foundation although I did use the whole bottle just because I thought it was a waste if I didn't. I got my skin tone matched for this and I was the lightest shade and the girl working at the counter applied it to my skin for me to see it. In the store, it looked like it suited my skin tone well but when I got home and tried it, it was pretty dark. I wanted something that covered my acne and this didn't cover it at all, I had to use a lot of concealer. It showed any dry patches I had, it didn't stay on my oily areas and the smell is awful to me. It didn't really last that long on the skin and the texture isn't as creamy as I would've liked.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Currently on my fourth bottle of this product so, needless to say, I am quite the fan of this product!

I am incredibly pale (Shade Calico) with near permanent redness on both cheeks and chin area; this is the only foundation I have found over the course of several years that provides flawless coverage for several hours; no need for re-application. It should be noted that the shade is a tad dark however I have found that blending out with a Real Techniques stippling brush makes the colour seamlessly blend with my natural skin tone.

The finish can be both dewy without powder and take on a more matte look with transparent powder - making it suitable for all occasions.

The packaging is in a glass pump jar which could be an issue for some in terms of fragility when carrying in a bad etc. But the screw top pump mechanism means that it is easy to remove product when you have reached the end. I have found that some foundations have a fixed pump meaning you cannot get all the product for your money.

Highly recommend.

I just finished my first bottle of this foundation and I've really loved using it over the course of a year. I'm in the shade Honey and I think it works really well for me, no matter the time of year, in the summer I added a little bronzer to warm up my face a little and I was good to go!
I really liked the service at Boots because it saves so much time, the lady was lovely and in the end I've got a foundation that matches perfectly to my skin.
My skin is combination, it gets a little dry in places and a little oily in others, but neither are extremes so I'd say my skin isn't too awful for testing out the strengths of the foundation. If you have skin like mine, or normal skin PICK THIS UP!!!
This is one of my favourite high-street foundations - the price is great for the quality and quantity. I love the texture, lasts all day on me, seriously I couldn't ask for more :D

I tried this just about under a year ago and dont think i would ever go back, this foundation has such a nice texture, looks perfect on the skin, it has such a good wear on it and doesnt oxidise! The only downside to it is that the lightest shade is calico but it is still quite a dark colour so i do have to mix it slightly with a mac white foundation but that doesnt bother me that much, it might with other people so just bare that in mind!

pros:
- looks flawless
- stays on all day
- blends easy
- works for all skintypes (i think)
- worth the price 14/15

cons:
- not good for pale people who want a pale foundation