Boots No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ln Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium PCA, Aluminum Stearate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ceramide 3, BHT, Ceramide 6, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 9/1/2015 2:45:00 AM

My sister bought this for me in the shade Calico. tbh I didn't touch it at all for quite some time, thought it wasn't the right match for my skin (I'm a fair-medium with yellow undertones). But once I finally decided to try it I was in love! Now I don't wear much makeup so I can't give a completely detailed review on it but here's what I think:

- Nice packaging - comes in a pump bottle
- Easy to blend
- Great coverage
- Good oil control power (My T-zone would get oily after 3-4 hrs which is fine bc I have super oily skin & just too lazy to pick up a decent shine control primer)

What I like most is that with this shade, despite the fact it looks quite dark and more on the cool tone side, when applied on my skin it completely matches and gives me beautiful, healthy-looking skin (I have strong yellow undertones which can look sickly sometimes so this is a huge plus for me!)

on 8/2/2015 6:59:00 PM

I really didn't like this foundation although I did use the whole bottle just because I thought it was a waste if I didn't. I got my skin tone matched for this and I was the lightest shade and the girl working at the counter applied it to my skin for me to see it. In the store, it looked like it suited my skin tone well but when I got home and tried it, it was pretty dark. I wanted something that covered my acne and this didn't cover it at all, I had to use a lot of concealer. It showed any dry patches I had, it didn't stay on my oily areas and the smell is awful to me. It didn't really last that long on the skin and the texture isn't as creamy as I would've liked.

on 6/5/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Currently on my fourth bottle of this product so, needless to say, I am quite the fan of this product!

I am incredibly pale (Shade Calico) with near permanent redness on both cheeks and chin area; this is the only foundation I have found over the course of several years that provides flawless coverage for several hours; no need for re-application. It should be noted that the shade is a tad dark however I have found that blending out with a Real Techniques stippling brush makes the colour seamlessly blend with my natural skin tone.

The finish can be both dewy without powder and take on a more matte look with transparent powder - making it suitable for all occasions.

The packaging is in a glass pump jar which could be an issue for some in terms of fragility when carrying in a bad etc. But the screw top pump mechanism means that it is easy to remove product when you have reached the end. I have found that some foundations have a fixed pump meaning you cannot get all the product for your money.

Highly recommend.

on 1/16/2015 12:23:00 PM

I just finished my first bottle of this foundation and I've really loved using it over the course of a year. I'm in the shade Honey and I think it works really well for me, no matter the time of year, in the summer I added a little bronzer to warm up my face a little and I was good to go!
I really liked the service at Boots because it saves so much time, the lady was lovely and in the end I've got a foundation that matches perfectly to my skin.
My skin is combination, it gets a little dry in places and a little oily in others, but neither are extremes so I'd say my skin isn't too awful for testing out the strengths of the foundation. If you have skin like mine, or normal skin PICK THIS UP!!!
This is one of my favourite high-street foundations - the price is great for the quality and quantity. I love the texture, lasts all day on me, seriously I couldn't ask for more :D

I tried this just about under a year ago and dont think i would ever go back, this foundation has such a nice texture, looks perfect on the skin, it has such a good wear on it and doesnt oxidise! The only downside to it is that the lightest shade is calico but it is still quite a dark colour so i do have to mix it slightly with a mac white foundation but that doesnt bother me that much, it might with other people so just bare that in mind!

pros:
- looks flawless
- stays on all day
- blends easy
- works for all skintypes (i think)
- worth the price £14/15

cons:
- not good for pale people who want a pale foundation

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I found this foundation felt smooth on my skin however it built up greasy on my face and gave me headaches as soon as I would put it on, I don't know whether that is just me or anyone else but I can not stand this and have moved on to other foundations.
However I think it's a bit expensive for the size and quality of it..
Wouldn't buy it again.

I really like this foundation! I love that fact that boots match your skin colour to the right foundation. Very good medium coverage which is build able . Doesn't stick to dry patches and gives a lovely glow to the skin

on 6/6/2014 8:27:00 AM

I used this foundation for about 2 years. It's affordable and looks natural, two big pros. To be honest I settled on this product after trailing through many of the top brands like Clinique, Gucci and Armani, none of which worked for me. Most of these pale foundations gave me a yellow or pink tint, and counter ladies would often suggest I start tanning to combat this issue. Eventually I just gave up throwing money into expensive brands and opted to go cheaper with No. 7.

I was matched to Calico, which is pretty good. It's still warmer than my skin, but doesn't have any overly yellow/pink tones, which are my nemesis. The coverage isn't great. I have blue veins that are still visible even with layers of this foundation on. My biggest gripe: it definitely doesn't last all day, even with a good primer and powder. I have combination skin, and the foundation would quickly slip off of my oily t-zone. It did seem a bit better on the drier parts of my face, so maybe Stay Perfect will work for those with dry skin.

I caved recently after becoming fed up with the poor staying power of this foundation, and decided to try Estee Lauder Double Wear - the first foundation I've bought that comes in a colour exactly matching my skin tone, totally covers my veins, and stays on all day long. Since I've finally found my perfect foundation I won't be buying Stay Perfect again.

on 5/29/2014 4:06:00 AM

I bought this in a bit of a rush. My skin has been a little dry (dermatitis, a reaction to something and I found my Bobbi Brown long lasting even finish foundation was stinging). I needed something to wear to work and didn't cost the earth in case I didn't like it. This has a lovely texture and you can blend with your fingers or a brush but a sponge after fingers would probably work, too. I have yet to wear this to work to see if it lasts the day but so far it has been fine (I have a baby and so am busy with him all the time!). This works fine over dry areas as well as my slightly oilier forehead. I don't love the mica effect, but it is not too glowy and powder would probably fix that problem. I am not sure I got the right shade-No7 makeup tends to be on the pinker side and yellow undertones probably work bette for me. However, my face has some pink in it so I can get away with this if I don't apply too much. I am not sure if I would repurchase-maybe I will ask for the colour match next time but I have also heard that it is not always accurate. The price is fair and the Boots lady actually gave me a voucher for 3 pounds off as I didn't have one, so it was quite reasonable, compared to department store brands.
Overall, I would strongly suggest considering this.

on 5/29/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

This is the foundation I've been looking for a whole life! It's not too expensive, and the product itself is absolutely gorgeous. It's lightweight, but gives you medium to full coverage. It blends in very easily. I like to use this foundation with my fingers. Only one pump, it's enough to cover your face. I does what it claims. It stays perfectly on my skin for 10-12 hours. It works better when you apply it after primer. If you feel your face is getting oily, just blot your skin and touch up. Try it out, and you won't regret.