October 23, 2014 | 900 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Boots - No7 Time Resisting Day and Night Eye Care

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevallee

This product is the first I've used for eye treatment. I've had bags under my eyes for most of my life and I'm 24 and have finally decided to try to do something about it....
I've only been using it for about a week so I'm not sure if I'm seeing results because I'm excited that I'm being pro-active about my skin care or that it's actually doing it's job but so far I've noticed the puffiness has gone down and the dark circles purpley spots by my inner eyes aren't as noticeable.

One thing I'm not liking about this product is that when I put makeup(Cover FX foundation, concealer and setting powder) on top of the gel it looks scaly, I might be putting too much gel on so I'm going to try less tomorrow and see what happens!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Ribbonzzzz

Overall the product is okay. I liked the gel - it sinks into the skin well but I wasn't thilled about the lotion. Not sure if I would buy again or not...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Bonnerka

I am in my early thirties and I ma just about keeping wrinkles around my eyes at bay - provided I moisturise, get enough sleep and don't overdo do it with booze - a boozy night definitely shows the next day! The product, both day and night version, does a decent job of keeping the area moisturised and wrinkle free, in fast it does as good job as any of its more expensive equivalents. The day version could have a SPF, why is it still so difficult to find a decent eye cream with sunscreen? I also think that the day gel performs better that the night version.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Pepps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since there are so many great descriptions of the packaging and directions for using the Time Resisting Day/Night eye cream, I'll jump right into the product review.

I'm 27 and have been using an antioxident eye cream for almost a year. For about two months I've noticed an increase in fine lines spidering down under my eyes and the beginnings of crow's feet in the corners. The skin under my eyes have been getting very dry as well, which aggravates the lines & makes my concealer look awful.

After a single night and day use of this product, the lines have decreased dramatically! I have to look hard to find what was once so apparent. The skin is also much more moisturized. Concealer blends in more easily and I no longer feel the skin pulling as before.

I am sure I will need to upgrade to a heavier-duty product as I age and the lines turn into wrinkles, but for now I will happily continue using this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boots has several skincare lines and I believe Time Resisting targets the 20's age group. Wrinkles are not a problem for me yet, but I've noticed tiny crease lines in my eyes, darker circles and puffiness.

The day gel feels lightweight, sinks right in, and does help with dark circles and puffiness. The cream doesn't seem to have done anything for me. I've found myself rubbing my eyes more at night and I'm wondering if the cream is irritating them so I've stopped using. I will probably finish up the gel and try something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All in all, these are some pretty good eye treatments. Definately the best I've tried from a drugstore.

The No. 7 Time Resisting Day & Night Eye Care features a cream treatment for night and a bright blue gel for day. I like that the tubes for the two products are clear - you can easily see how much you have left; and I like that it has a pump - keeps it sanitary.

Of the two treatments, I definately prefer Day over Night. The Day gel sinks in quickly; doesn't crease under my Touche Eclat. I have also noticed a slight reduction in the darkness under my eyes after using for just over a month. The product claims to decrease puffiness, and I do notice the gel temporarily calms puffiness, but it's no long-lasting, noticeable difference.

I'm not as enamoured with the Night treatment, which accounts for the one lippie off. It does a decent job of moisturizing. Unlike the Day formula, you can't really go hog-wild and marinate your eyes with this. It also stings if you get it too close to your inner eye. That said, it settles and sinks in quickly. I haven't noticed any reduction in fine lines or wrinkles, but I'm not really at that stage yet.

I would buy this again, if I don't come across a better or HG product. However, I would be really thrilled if Boots sold these two tubes seperately; as the Day formula definately has HG potential, while the Night leaves something to be desired. In short though, it is one of the better options you can find at the drugstore - and given a small tube of Shoppers' Drug Mart brand eye cream is around the $12 mark, this - on sale - at $18 and change is not too shabby. ($25 regularly.)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxgoldstarsxx

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks. It's a large pump split into two separate tubes- a transparent blue gel for day and a white cream for night. I use the gel for day, cream for night, as indicated, patting it on all around my eye area and on my eyelids with my ring finger. I usually apply after cleansing and moisturising the rest of my face.

I find that it sinks in quickly and evenly and doesn't feel too heavy or cause milia to form. My eye makeup goes on evenly over the gel if I give it a minute to sink in and it doesn't affect the wear. The cream does not leave residue either. I'm a little skeptical of the low SPF in the blue gel, but it's nice that it contains a sunscreen at all. Both feel cool and soothing when applied, and although I don't feel that the product does much for puffiness or undereye circles, I don't recall it promising to.

I'm in my early 20s, so I don't have a problem with visible wrinkles yet, but I live in Colorado and between the weather and the sun, I need to start thinking more about skincare. For the price (about $20 USD), this is an OK eye cream. I think that when I run out, I won't repurchase it, I'll probably try a different product just out of curiosity. I like this eye cream, and it works, but it's no HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shiftlessandlazy

I really enjoyed this eye cream, mostly because it's a great deal. After I got through my first bottle I was very pleased with the results. Remember though, it's designed to be a preventative treatment. If you already have deep lines and crows feet, I don't think it will do much for you. However, if you're just starting to show signs of aging around the eyes, this is a great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MunchiesYum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After two weeks, I notice that it did brighten up the dark circles under my eyes. No difference for the lines, though. Only needed a tiny dot to cover each eye. As suggested, the 'time resisting' line is probably more suitable for those in their early twenties who are trying to 'resist' the lines and wrinkles that comes with time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

This is a strange looking product with the bottle split up the middle. One side is a blue gel which is supposed to be used in the day for reducing puffiness and the other side is a white cream for use at night to reduce fine lines.
I thought the gel might be a light daytime alternative as sometimes eye creams are too rich for the day. This eye cream is not rich at all. It's very thin and I don't get the impression it's doing anything at all. I haven't noticed any reduction in fine lines.
Originally I used it as intended - gel during the day and cream at night. But I have abandoned this. I won't buy it again but I always like to finish up a product. If I didn't then I would be very short of money! So, instead of using it as instructed, I have taken to using the ceam under they eye and the gel on the eyelids. At 55 I am afraid I suffer from the dreaded droopy eyelids and I do find this gel does help a little to tighten them up. It's not dramatic but if you religiously use an upward motion to apply it (in order to defy gravity!) it does help a bit.
But the cream I'm afraid is useless in my view . Since you can't buy them on their own I will not repurchase.