December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor in Chocolate Cherry

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jenlnz78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a nightmarish experience with this product. I have been coloring my hair for about 15 years now and I have never encountered such an overwhelmingly strong smelling mix! I always make sure that I keep my bathroom well ventilated while coloring ( window open, fan on, door open) but there was just no escaping the very overpowering smell. At times it had me coughing, gasping and even wretching. My eyes were burning horribly, despite the fact that I hadn't gotten any product in my eyes. I decided to rinse it out early because I had started feeling very ill. Surprisingly, the color came out beautifully! It is soft, shiny and a lovely warm shade of red. Thats literally the only good thing I can say, though because what I experienced the next morning was just aweful. I woke up about 230 am the next morning with a migraine. I managed to fall back asleep but woke up at 630 am still in pain. My head hurt so bad that my husband had to take our son to a sitter before he went to work because I couldn't even get out of bed. I took some medicine but I kept blacking out for the next couple of hours from the pain. Once the pain subsided enough to get out of bed I tried eating some crackers. Within about 1 hour of eating the crackers I was doubled over with stomach pain. I spent about 45 minutes in the bathroom having the most explosive, gut busting diarrhea of my life. Here is what was most disturbing. The diarrhea smelled just like the hair color!! I know what you are thinking and, no, I did not injest any of the dye. I will definitely never be using this product again. I really hope this was an isolated incident because no one should have to go through what I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by babyfafi2955

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried using it on my dark brown hair and it rarely came out, you can't even see the red undertones in the sun....I wouldn't recommend this shade for anyone with dark brown or black hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mdelah01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first used this hair color, I fell in love. I never had so many people (especially men) compliment me on my hair. Unfortunately, this color fades fast and I found when I re-dyed it, it seemed to pull more and more red. At first it was ok, but after I had re-dyed it for the 5th time, my hair was too red and brassy. I have now moved onto Feria's midnight ruby, but I may return to this one day. I think the trick with this dye is every second or third time you have to alternate it with another color to keep it from depositing too much red and turning brassy. Despite its shortcomings, this is a truly striking hair color that will certainly turn heads :-) I give it 4 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by simplyviki

I have been growing out my natural hair color for the past year and a half, but this color has been a constant temptation to go back to coloring my hair. This was my first dye ever, and I was thrilled with the color. My boyfriend loved it, my roommates thought it was hot, and I was constantly getting compliments and comments and questions ("Is that your natural haircolor?" was one I never understood, since this is burgundy and I've never seen natural burgundy before, but I got that question frequently all the same). I must have been really lucky to have chosen this particular color originally. When I switched shades on a whim, it was all downhill... not so flattering of a shade, not so shimmery, uneven "take", etcetera. I eventually grew dissatisfied and got it fixed at a salon (twice, actually, cause they messed up the first time) and have been growing it out ever since. But this color... this color has constantly been calling my name ever since. I might end up going back as soon as I've finished growing back to my natural color. That and the conditioner it comes with is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by MrsAliceCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color is really pretty, but made my hair look awful. I had my hair died black and the roots were faded so i decided to use this color. It turned my roots a bright red color, while the rest of my hair was still black with a slight red tint to it. It looked awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kings_20

I have used this numerous times before and I love it. the color is rich and looks dark brown with hints of burgundy highlights. In teh sun it looks purpley red and is just soooo pretty. I love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by mel0dy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this to cover up my faded, blackish brown hair. I absolutely LOVE the color; it's better than any other drugstore brand color I've used yet. After I dyed it, my hair was a beautiful reddish dark brown color, with a hint of red/purple in the sunlight. I only took off one lippie because the color faded within 2 weeks, and I could no longer notice the beautiful hints of reddish purple in my hair...but that is probably because I wash my hair every night and I was too lazy to use the conditioner every time. Still, after about a month, it hasn't completely faded...still looks great!

Btw, they changed the name of this product to Deep Burgundy or something like that, and the model is different. Same color though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this color, it's a reddish brown which I love because I can still look professional but have a red shine to my hair. It's a bit expensive for box hair dye but it comes with some conditioner which you use once a week that makes your hair really soft. I'll definatly get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by starlequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just dyed my hair with this yesterday and I LOVE IT!! I started out with strawberry blonde hair and cinnamon roots. Now my roots are a deep red and the tips are dark brown. It looks awesome. Depending on different lighting; the color changes as well. Inside buildings it looks more burgandy/red, but outside it changes to a magestic deep purple. This color is simply magical and I can't wait to use it again! This will be my 5th year being a red head! Haha

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jmcoco

I absolutley love this color. It's a brown with a subtle burgandy tone in certain lights. It's a burgandy without screaming LOOK AT ME. I HAVE BURGANDY HAIR! I love how in certain lights it looks brown, but in the sun or a backlight it's a burgandy/red tone. I would definately try it if you are curious. Believe me it's not eccentric. I'm in the military and we can't have crazy unnatural hair colors.