August 1, 2014 | 1278 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Wise Woman Regenerating Day Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cream. It has a little shimmer in it which really makes your skin glow alone or under makeup. I have three quibbles with this however: it does not absorb fast enough (it takes about half an hour), I wish it came in a pump bottle as that means the amount you take out is measured and more hygenic (compared to dipping fingers into the product), and the fact it has no spf. I have acne prone skin and this does not irritate it. I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by bvbarham

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this daytime moisturiser. I still alternate between the more expensive perricone md, as I'm older, live in a harsh climate and have very very dry skin. I love the brightners in this product, really make my dull skin look moist and radient. It works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by myskat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the sample pack with the day and night cream. I love them both and find they moisturize my skin better that several others I tried including ole henrickson, caudile and clinique. Best of all the night cream seems to lighten my dark spots! I thought they were with me forever ( from childbirth years ago) No increase in acne noticed but no decrease in pore size either. It's a very good set for wonter, I will see what summer brings. For the poster above who was angry that it had titanium dioxide, Titanium dioxide IS a mineral sunblock, not a chemical one so your post is misleading.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the travel kit of Wise Women products on sale having already been a big fan of their eye cream and night cream, so I thought I would try small sizes of the Luxury Cream Cleanser, Toner and Day and Night Creams. I also grabbed a full size Mask which was on sale.

I really like this product (in fact all of them so far). I was using Avon Reversalist products and the Day Cream just didn't wow me (nor the night cream, cleanser, eye cream, etc.) I found with these products stung and irritated and my skin texture was alway bumpy and tended to be flakey all the time. I began using WW Day cream and I *really* like it. My skin is perfectly moisturized, dewy, soft, smooth and matte but radiant. I layer Biore Dual Fusion SPF 30 (HG FOREVER!) over top for sun protection and for the first time in YEARS I feel good enough to go out without make up on!!!

I know people have pointed out the 'bad' ingredients in these products, but for whatever it's worth these products still feel very natural and healing to my skin, as opposed to the Avon products which always feel like I'm putting a load of chemicals on my skin! I used to make my own skin care products and the WW products feel as gentle and 'good for me' as my own products!

I'm not sure what all the fuss about parabens are - please do your research and make an informed decision on what these are.

I'm going to Egypt in a few weeks and I know I'll be bringing my WW products with me to combat the effects of a dry, dusty, hot climate.

A bit expensive but I will buy the full size of this product when it's on sale. I don't mind pots of products because I use a cosmetic spatula.

"Darren Praznik, president of the Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (the leading trade association for personal care products in Canada), says the organization is very sensitive to consumer concerns, but that the ingredients used in products are strictly regulated and monitored by Health Canada. “We are satisfied that the regulation process is robust, science-based and protects the consumer.”

Some manufacturers have gone on the record about their long-term plans to find paraben replacements. Jamieson Laboratories, a Canadian firm that makes vitamins, supplements and skin creams, notes that while there is no firm evidence that parabens pose a health risk, it now has five paraben-free products and is working to remove parabens from more of its products, predominantly to satisfy growing consumer demand. “We have not set a specific deadline, but are working aggressively to eliminate parabens in our products,” says Gary Leong, vice-president of scientific and technical affairs for Jamieson. He notes that until effective alternatives are found, more consumers might actually be harmed by microorganisms growing in their products than by the theoretical paraben threat."

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this was my holy grail product because I have really dry skin, but my skin got used to it after about a months use. I don't know how or why or if the weather made my skin worse? So the following is when it worked well for me: This gives your skin a beautiful luminosity and moisturizes well. It made my makeup go on smooth and last all day. My skin didn't feel tight. I think the ingredients could be better...it has alcohol, acetate, and dimethicone, and parabens! Boo to The Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I am 32 years old. Some TBS SA said this is for 50 years old and above. I am so hoping to get it, finally one day I just get the trial set when 1 SA said, this is for firming and the trial set was selling for S$26+ after 25% discount. I was so happy cos I really love the smell of this range and I am concern about sagging skin.

I feel that this helps to keep my skin matt for whole day, it does brightens up for face, cos of the reflective ingredients and makeup last longer. Cos my skin is acne-prone, so far for 3 days it works well. Will review again:):)

Update 11-Jan-2010:

I am so in love with this Day cream. It helps to keep my face matt and give radiance to my tired face. But it seems like I have more clogs, maybe due to my hormones or maybe this cream. Will monitor and may have to use TBS Aloe gentle scrub everyday to clear the clogs at my cheeks. Praying hard is not due to this cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a nice enough cream. My problem with it is the misleading way it's promoted. It makes me question The Body Shop's knowledge of skin care, and I like several products from The Body Shop.

It's promoted by The Body Shop as being/containing: "100% mineral sunscreens, free from synthetic chemicals, work to reflect and scatter the sun’s rays to provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection."

Yet, Titanium Dioxide is the third from the LAST ingredient. The only ingredients contained in lesser amounts are yellow and red dyes. It's got a lot of synthetic chemical screens in it.

Its ingredients are: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Methyl Glucose Distearate, Octocrylene, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Lactobacillus/Clover Flower Ferment Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oleyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Sodium Polyacrylate, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Borage Oil, Methylparaben, Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5, Red 4.

As a cream, it's nice enough. Nothing special, however. It's the misleading advertising that totally turns me off to this product and made me realize I need to study The Body Shop products ingredients lists more carefully. Why promote it as 100% mineral free of synthetics when it only contains a TINY amount of mineral and a lot of synthetics? I'd probably give it zero lipsticks if I could.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoyed this moisturizer. It's thick and rich but isn't greasy on my skin. The light reflective aspect is also nice because it makes my skin look extra-healthy and it blends well with my foundation. The fragrance is fine-- I prefer unfragranced moisturizers, but I'm not sensitive so it's not a big deal. The price was a little high for The Body Shop but the product is good so far. I've been using it a month and my skin does appear more refined than it did before I started with it. I'm on the younger side but I travel a ton for work so my skin takes a beating from being on planes all the day. This definitely seems to have calmed my skin down a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jony26

Finally, and i cann'ot stress that enough, F-i-n-a-l-l-y!
a TBS product that delivers!
this moisturizers (sample) was a delightful surprise.
it is rich and somewhat thick in consistancy, so am only recommending it for normal-dry skin.
it is rich, lush and supple. it isn't overly-perfumed as most TBS moisturizers are, and leaves a light sparkle on my face.
i woke up the following morning with supple skin, and had a moisture bonus kick.

BTW- It was a tadd embarrasing to ask for a sample, being a guy, for a creme called wise WOMAN
Ingredients list :

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this in a sample my sis passed on to me, and I do like it. It has a slight glimmer to it and a pleasant fragrance. Good moisture too. I may purchase it and I dont often buy face creams.