Dior Lipliner Pencil in Sparkling Beige

on 8/24/2015 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this pencil. The rosy shimmer is a mlbb color for me and it's nice worn alone with some lip balm over it or as a base for lipstick. I had used my last Sparkling Beige pencil down to the nub years ago and was absolutely distraught because the color had been discontinued. But one day, I decided to search ebay and found one for $20!! I jumped at the chance, hoping I remembered the ironic name correctly. I mean, why would you name a rosy pink shade sparkling beige? I messaged the seller and was told that yes, in fact, it's a rosy pink, not beige at all. Yipee!! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Years ago, this was my go-to lip pencil and I purchased several when it was still available at Sephora. But, unfortunately, when it was discontinued, it wasn't replaced by something similar, so I just gave up. Why hadn't I checked ebay before now? Hmmm. This is such a good color for me, light enough to make my thin lips look fuller and with enough saturated color to bring life to my face. It's perfect! It's not a dry formula at all and if worn for long periods, does tend to slide into the fine lines around my mouth, but I've solved that problem with the Urban Decay Ozone clear lip pencil used beforehand. This locks the Dior color onto my lips and there's no feathering whatsoever. Sparkling Beige also makes a great base for any rosy or pink lipstick, which are the shades I wear most often. I will take care not lose this pencil. I'm afraid I won't find one for such a reasonable price again. Some sellers were asking twice as much and maybe I won't be so lucky next time. This is a great my-lips-but-better shade that would work for anyone. It's a little more pink than my go-to lipstick, Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil in Bettina, which is a pinky beige, so it makes for a nice addition to my collection. The brush on the end is convenient too, allowing me to smooth the color over my lips. And the formula is not drying at all. I wear it for days at a time with no chapping or peeling. It's just a perfect makeup item and I can't say enough good things about it. I've looked for something similar for years and have never found anything remotely close. So I'm hanging on to it for dear life. And I look forward to using it just as often as I did years ago. I highly recommend this pencil formula and this shade. Thank heavens for ebay!

on 10/29/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So after trying more nude lip liners than I can count, my search ends here. The sparkle is just enough to keep it from giving you that washed out look. The color does have slight pinkish tones, but there is absolutely no orange or brown at all. I can see this liner working for any skin tone. It looks great either used as a liner or when used as a lipstick base. I've had success with of course nude shades as well as pinks, roses, and light corals. The price seemed high to me at first, but based on its versatility and staying power- did I mention it stays on long after my lipstick wears off- its totally worth it!

on 7/13/2009 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Thanks so much to the 2 MUA reviewers here. I was at Sephora tonight and tried this on my finger, you are exactly right. It does have pink in it, but it is so beautifully neutral. I left without it and then thought about it for awhile, went grocery shopping and decided I had to go back and get it! :) I am so pleased I did. This liner goes with everything and it is not an ugly brown. Thanks again MUA and oh yes, Dior!

I love this color l/l. I have a zillion of them, but I'm always searching for a perfect one. As the name suggests, it' a sparkling beige, but it does have a bit of pink in so it doesn't turn orange or brown. The texture is very creamy, so much that you can use it to fill in your lips without drying them out. A great pencil that can go with nudes and YLLB colors and even pink/rose shades. A bit pricy for l/l at $24.00, but it comes with a brush on the end and a sharpener

on 5/18/2007 12:18:00 PM

I was looking for a natural shade of liner closest to my lip color. I use it stricktly as a liner but also I often fill in my entire lip area to give a good holding base for lipstick or gloss -- this shade is so versatile and I love a bit of sparkle in it. Very natural. Good texture, stays on, sharpens well.

Popular Lip Liners