April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Sensai Silk Purifying Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Hunnybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've found my HG cleansing routine in the Sensai Silky Purifying Double Cleansing system! I'm using the Cleansing Milk in the evening followed by Milky Soap to remove makeup, sebum and environmental dirt, and Milky Soap alone in the morning to freshen up my skin before moisturizer and makeup. My skin has never been cleaner and fresher! If I wipe my face with a toner after two-step cleansing there will be no trace of dirt or makeup left on the cotton pad - and what's best, you won't even need a toner because step 2 prepares your skin for serum and moisturizer. I'm not sure if the products would work as well alone but I don't care to try because I'm so impressed by the results when using the products in combo. Double Cleansing isn't remarkably more difficult or time-consuming than using one product; basically you just massage in the step 1 cleanser and use the step 2 cleanser while washing off the step 1 product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was told Kanebo's two step cleansing system is one of the best because your face has two kind of dirts on your face (water and oil based) which can't be effectively removed with just one product since water and oils don't mix. I bought this in a set with the Milky soap. This removes ''oil based dirt'' like make-up from your skin so it's only supposed to be used at night before going to bed (the milky soap removes water based dirt like sweat and dust so it's used in the morning and at night). The instructions say you take 3 ml of product and massage it into your skin.
I really like this product, I'm just not sure if it's worth its price. It has a really clean, sweet scent that I find refreshing. I do think it leaves my skin really smooth and that it cleans it well but it's hard to tell because I always use it with the Milky soap so I can't tell which product has that positive effect on it. It has a smooth, silky texture and doesn't foam.

I really like the bottle, it looks clean and hygienic and it comes with a pump.

Other Kanebo products that can be used as step 1 in this skincare routine are their Cleansing oil, Cleansing gel with scrub and Cleansing cream but I haven't tried any of them yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I used this cleansing milk just for a few days but I really don't like it. It is an ok cleansing milk but not outstanding at all. It does not remove my light eye makeup even though I repeat. Other cleansers I used successfully removed it: clarins cleansing cream, guerlain pure veil, yon-ka cleansing milk, dermalogica, or even l'oreal... & I had to use a following cleanser (sensai milky soap), which is pointless, IMO. My skin did not look better. To the contrary, it looked red and more irritated. Many cleansing creams/milk cleanse better and gentler than this combination. I once had a horrible experience with kanebo international cleansing oil + creamy soap, and I really don't know why I tried them again. I will definitely not purchase a full size. There are way better cleansers in the market.