July 28, 2014 | 2087 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - HIP Lipstick in "Bold" (#358)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this gorgeous color -- a dark, true blue-red. I was lucky enough to find this at a discount, and I'm so glad I did. It wears well, smells nice, tastes relatively innocuous, and looks FABULOUS on me, if I do say so myself. A great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by iloveproductz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I didn't even check MUA before buying this and I'm so delighted it's gotten its own little section! You could never tell there's even the slightest hint of magenta in this lipstick, so I was pleasantly surprised when I first put it on. It is HIGHLY pigmented and you don't need much when applying it to get a little shot of color. I've been using it as kind of a cheek/lip stain and I think it's proven to be a great multi-purpose color. Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by rosemerry56

I keep this in my makeup bag at work when I want a little pick me up. Fantastic red! Unbelievable quality for drug store brand. I really don't have any problem with the applicator unlike previous reviewer; for me, it goes on fine. Got this BOGO so quite the bargain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wish that the Spanish would have had the forethought to include in the Laws of the Indies the decree that "no lipstick past mid-tone color intensity shall be made without a pointed stick form." Because this color is really fantastic -- precisely what others have described: a true pin-up red, with a good deal of fuschia that is not apparent until applied to lips -- but the rounded stick shape makes it a fantastic pain to apply with the care that the color demands. In the tube, it just looks like another pin-up red with a brick-ish base. It applies a bit thick for my liking (little more drag that I'd ideally prefer) but it's highly pigmented, utterly non-drying, wears beautifully (better than my MAC reds, if I'm being honest), and is a knockout color. Moderately staining, which I like -- once I'm bored of the red, I can wipe off, apply a balm and still have great lips. Although I could just suck it up and use a lip brush for application, I find that to be just over my threshold for maintenance I'm willing to accept for a lipstick, so I likely won't re-purchase. I'll just have to hope I can find a color/wear/comfort dupe in a more convenient shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jan0124

This was passed on to me & I really ended up liking it. It's a rich red with a bit of magenta to it. not quite as good as my beloved Classic Dame,but pretty & very pigmented all the same. it goes on smooth & lasts reasonably well. very bombshell-y red.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by AutumnBreezes

I think I've found a lipstick with a red hue that photographs well in pictures. I've tried looking for red lipstick that gives off that "pin up girl" look. What's so cool about tis lipstick is that it has a bit of magenta tint on it, so it sort of gives my lips a "pop art" look to them. I like using this color along with "Daring." It's best paired with the "Romantic" lipgloss.