October 20, 2014 | 1987 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I normally avoid Maybelline’s quads and Covergirl’s because they lack pigment. I purchased this because Youtubers mentioned it was a nicely pigmented pallet for the price. After thinking long on it I bought it.
It’s pretty with copper and browns and a taupe. The pigment is just okay, nothing to write home about. I wouldn’t purchase this again and probably will avoid these quads & pallets again. I only buy WNW, Milani, Jordana, and some LA Girls palettes still because for the price they are pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Base shade- Not a fan of this shade. Does not have a nice texture. Not very pigmented. I have used it on my brow but I do not like the color or slight sheen it leaves there. I have also used it on the inner third of the lid and then the bronze lid shade on the outer two thirds.

Lid shade- Golden bronze shimmer. Very soft shadow, very pigmented.
I usually use this shade as a crease shade or very as a very light sheer layer on the lid.
Beautiful shade but I just do not like how bronze shades look on my skin :(
Better to build it by patting it on and then lightly blend with brush.

Crease shade- My favorite of the palette. I love the crease shade. It is like a muted light to medium ash brown. A little taupey.
Very buildable. I love this shade for everyday. I have used it alone all over the lid. Alone in the crease. Or with a light shade on the lid and this in the crease.

Dark liner shade-Deep chocolate brown with light shimmer. The dark shade is great as a liner even better when used wet. I also like to use it to create a nice smokey eye. Either in the crease or outer V.

NOTE: the dark brown liner shade is very similar to the chocolate brown shade in the Smashbox full exposure large and travel palette.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Bought it on sale for $6.75. I have light to medium brown skin... I also have dark eyelids to begin with.. Needless to say it wasn't enough pigment for me, even tho I bought it on the suggestion of the SA@ Shoppers Drug Mart. I will however get use of the taupe and the white as they will be subtle colors for work.. Only The Body Shop really has eye shadows I love, so I'm glad I just spent so little on this. I do adore Maybelline mascaras and lip products, but I will never repurchase shadows from them again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the quad in revised packaging shown in image #7.

The skinny:
Base – looks light/shimmery, but it’s not bad once it’s on
Crease – warm taupe. Acceptable transition color
Lid – warm bronze; performs better than you might expect. Pretty nice. Best color in here.
Liner - wants to be a lighter shade of Mac “Notoriety” (from Leopard Luxe palette). This should come off much richer and does not.

I have 3 of these palettes (also have Chic Naturals 10Q Mocha Motion and Stylish Smokes 02Q Natural Smokes). They just look so pretty then they go on sale so you’re like why not. Then you try them and they’re unimpressive and you don’t do much with them until you dedicate yourself to using them up.

I never use these palettes solo for a look. I don’t think they’re strong enough to stand alone. But for the sake of this review, I used Chai Latte – all the colors, together for a complete eye look. I was pleasantly surprised. It created a soft bronze eye, nice for summer or any other time. The colors work well together and feel less powdery than the other palettes previously mentioned. There is not a lot of dimension, but the variation is enough to make it interesting. Good if you are on a budget and want something different, are just starting out in makeup, feel like purchasing something at the drugstore (without high expectations), or need a cheap palette to keep at bf/sister/whoever’s. Worth the sale price, not more. Not bad for what it is. Although this is the best one of the 3 palettes I own, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

LOVE THIS PRODUCT<33 Many people complained about the lack of pigmentation but they shoudlve tried using a brush, it makes the biggest difference:) this quad is so versatile, and I always bring this quad with me whenever I don't want to bring my naked palette. This is like a mini version of my naked palette. The crease color is IDENTICAL to tease. Obviously, this is not as buttery as my naked palette, but it literally looks the same on my hooded Asian eyes:D LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I got mine for less than 4$ at my local drugstore and I can't be happier that I got this. I have SOO many eyeshadows, but I only use this and my naked palette. Buy it!! You won't regret it. And use a primer and a brush( use urban decays primer, but elfs prime would do too) A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I was hoping for a nice satiny bronzey quad for summer. Instead I got shimmer. And fallout under my eyes. A gritty feeling from the chunks of glitter in the lid colour, which is a gorgeous copper. Then a bruised look from the crease shadow which goes on dark and migrates all over. The liner shade has a lot of red orange to it, it is not a neutral brown.

This has a lovely shimmery cream base or highlight shade, but it has major fallout all by itself.

This is the first shadow set in the Expert Wear series that I've had irritation from and it is from the lid shade which is a pity as it is truly lovely with excellent colour payoff.

This set enhanced my wrinkles, highlighting them while increasing my redness around the eye and adding more darkness under my eyes. I'm back to using my Rimmel bronzer as a shadow, with a bronze eyeliner to give me the look I like.

I am going to return this quad, with the awful shimmer bomb Champagne Fizz.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

This is a great quad for a day time look. I think it could be a little more pigmented, as the color payoff isn't as great as I thought it would be. It does crease, so definitely use a primer. My biggest issue with it is how much shimmer there is, I wish they had put in a matte shade. I feel like if I use the entire quad as intended it's just way too much. It's pretty good in terms of price, but I feel there are better quads out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

Cons: you'll probably need primer for it (for better application,opacity, and duration), the packaging is kids crap due to the plastic cover being lose and breaking but not so serious since you can fix it urself Pros: Really cheap, good colors and a good variety of them, good quality and I actually love it! It's great for beginners or people who want to slowly expand their makeup collection so I would definitely but again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kekaquan

I am actually gonna return mine. I've heard of a lot of good things about Maybelline eye shadow quads. I loved the color in this specifically. But I'm honestly disappointed at the color payoff. While the two shimmery shades are seriously amazing, the two matte shades barely showed up. It's just poor pigmentation and I have to keep rubbing them in the pan to have a anything on my skin. Gonna return mine soon. Even though it is cheap, it is still not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great set of colors that are perfect for daily use. I really love every single color in this quad! Also a variety of ways to wear the colors but I tend to wear it like the directions say.

The colors show up on my skin pefectly and look really nice. I always put a little bit of Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (Vanilla) on my eyes before I apply the shadow so that might help it wear better too.

I have been wearing this quad daily for a month now and I will most likely buy it again although there are some other brands and eye shadows I have plans to buy but if those don't work out then I will be back to buying this. I think this eye shadow is worth trying and I am glad I took a chance and discovered it.

At the moment other daily makeup I pair with this eye shadow quad are:
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Vanilla or Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Classic Ivory
Loreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer in Fair
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Finishing Veil in Translucent (sometimes)
Maybelline Ultra-Brow Powder in Dark Brown
Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara in Very Black
Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black.
Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Color in Mocha Muse or Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie or Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey or Zoya Hot Lips gloss balm in Flirt.
Cover Girl Classic Color Blush in Natural Glow.