January 25, 2015 | 2047 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2015 3:57:00 AM More reviews by drugstorequeeen

I am impressed! I'll admit it's not anything super special but it just works so well for me! The colors and tones are warm and it's really easy for beginners, although I have been using it for years and although I have tried plenty of others I keep coming back to this one for everyday use :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 10:39:00 AM More reviews by raebkeim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! I bought this to do a smoky brown eye for a wedding. It was perfect. I used all four. I often use the top golden brown color with a brown eyeliner for day to day wear. I get complimented on it all the time. I also use the color intended for the crease alone too. The liner color didn't really impress me. I was hoping for a deeper brown. Didn't apply as pigmented as the others. That is my only complaint. Please use a brush when applying. Goes on much nicer. Stays on all day as well. I plan on purchasing other quad colors from Maybelline now. Price is low and results are great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 7:52:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I adore this! It was hard to find when I was looking for it a few months ago, I had to go to 3 diff stores coz it was sold out. I ended up using it quite a bit, one of my fave Maybelline products which I have "graduated" not quite sure that's the right word but I evolved my collection to using more urban decay eyeshadows, but it will always hold a useful place in my collection. I just personally (myself) prefer the UD Nakeds franchise but I would rebuy this in a heartbeat. It's such a neat little quad! A little DS gem. (Nothing against Maybelline). This quad is fun & looks good with everything. Such a gr8 quad do I dare say my fave DS quad. Maybelline did a really gr8 job on this. I love finding gr8 DS makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

I love it!!! I mean sure, the texture of these Eyeshadows are not as buttery and smooth or have the best texture as some of the high end brands like Urban Decay and Mac but these are great for drugstore! I recommend using a good primer under these and some good brushes to apply the colors. The lid color is a gorgeous bronze goldy shade and a matte crease which is great. I use it as a transition shade too. Then the liner color is a chocolate dark brown and I love lining my upper and lower lash line with it. Overall I love this palette and I love how it complements my brown eyes :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

Maybelline eyeshadows are pretty decent! I have this and other colors too. Pigmentation is ok, but when I use urban decay eyelid primer first, these cheap eyeshadows are so well pigmented and last all day. I'm saying this in all honesty, I usually pick these shadows over my urban decay naked (1,2, and basics) or urban decay face cases as long as I use the urban primer. It makes all the difference and I don't feel guilty if I use these every day. Without a primer, pigmentation and lasting color on lids for me is 3-5 hrs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I normally avoid Maybelline’s quads and Covergirl’s because they lack pigment. I purchased this because Youtubers mentioned it was a nicely pigmented pallet for the price. After thinking long on it I bought it.
It’s pretty with copper and browns and a taupe. The pigment is just okay, nothing to write home about. I wouldn’t purchase this again and probably will avoid these quads & pallets again. I only buy WNW, Milani, Jordana, and some LA Girls palettes still because for the price they are pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Base shade- Not a fan of this shade. Does not have a nice texture. Not very pigmented. I have used it on my brow but I do not like the color or slight sheen it leaves there. I have also used it on the inner third of the lid and then the bronze lid shade on the outer two thirds.

Lid shade- Golden bronze shimmer. Very soft shadow, very pigmented.
I usually use this shade as a crease shade or very as a very light sheer layer on the lid.
Beautiful shade but I just do not like how bronze shades look on my skin :(
Better to build it by patting it on and then lightly blend with brush.

Crease shade- My favorite of the palette. I love the crease shade. It is like a muted light to medium ash brown. A little taupey.
Very buildable. I love this shade for everyday. I have used it alone all over the lid. Alone in the crease. Or with a light shade on the lid and this in the crease.

Dark liner shade-Deep chocolate brown with light shimmer. The dark shade is great as a liner even better when used wet. I also like to use it to create a nice smokey eye. Either in the crease or outer V.

NOTE: the dark brown liner shade is very similar to the chocolate brown shade in the Smashbox full exposure large and travel palette.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Bought it on sale for $6.75. I have light to medium brown skin... I also have dark eyelids to begin with.. Needless to say it wasn't enough pigment for me, even tho I bought it on the suggestion of the SA@ Shoppers Drug Mart. I will however get use of the taupe and the white as they will be subtle colors for work.. Only The Body Shop really has eye shadows I love, so I'm glad I just spent so little on this. I do adore Maybelline mascaras and lip products, but I will never repurchase shadows from them again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the quad in revised packaging shown in image #7.

The skinny:
Base – looks light/shimmery, but it’s not bad once it’s on
Crease – warm taupe. Acceptable transition color
Lid – warm bronze; performs better than you might expect. Pretty nice. Best color in here.
Liner - wants to be a lighter shade of Mac “Notoriety” (from Leopard Luxe palette). This should come off much richer and does not.

I have 3 of these palettes (also have Chic Naturals 10Q Mocha Motion and Stylish Smokes 02Q Natural Smokes). They just look so pretty then they go on sale so you’re like why not. Then you try them and they’re unimpressive and you don’t do much with them until you dedicate yourself to using them up.

I never use these palettes solo for a look. I don’t think they’re strong enough to stand alone. But for the sake of this review, I used Chai Latte – all the colors, together for a complete eye look. I was pleasantly surprised. It created a soft bronze eye, nice for summer or any other time. The colors work well together and feel less powdery than the other palettes previously mentioned. There is not a lot of dimension, but the variation is enough to make it interesting. Good if you are on a budget and want something different, are just starting out in makeup, feel like purchasing something at the drugstore (without high expectations), or need a cheap palette to keep at bf/sister/whoever’s. Worth the sale price, not more. Not bad for what it is. Although this is the best one of the 3 palettes I own, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

LOVE THIS PRODUCT<33 Many people complained about the lack of pigmentation but they shoudlve tried using a brush, it makes the biggest difference:) this quad is so versatile, and I always bring this quad with me whenever I don't want to bring my naked palette. This is like a mini version of my naked palette. The crease color is IDENTICAL to tease. Obviously, this is not as buttery as my naked palette, but it literally looks the same on my hooded Asian eyes:D LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I got mine for less than 4$ at my local drugstore and I can't be happier that I got this. I have SOO many eyeshadows, but I only use this and my naked palette. Buy it!! You won't regret it. And use a primer and a brush( use urban decays primer, but elfs prime would do too) A+