Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte

4.2

Talc, PTFE, Magnesium Stearate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Boron Nitride, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethyle

I've only recently gotten into eye shadow, and this was one of my first purchases. Can't say I'm too impressed with it.
Price was good, I think around $6, packaging is average. I don't think the colours are the most flattering on my skin, and the crease colour doesn't really show up at all. I applied them with my own brushes, and it looked pretty good at first. I find it doesn't last very well. I haven't tried it with an eye primer, which would probably make a difference, but after two or three hours it looks pretty faded away, and I don't have oily lids.
I don't think I would buy the regular Maybelline eye shadows again, if I buy any more I will get the Color Tattoo ones, which I hear are much better.

I am impressed! I'll admit it's not anything super special but it just works so well for me! The colors and tones are warm and it's really easy for beginners, although I have been using it for years and although I have tried plenty of others I keep coming back to this one for everyday use :)

on 1/13/2015 10:39:00 AM

Love this! I bought this to do a smoky brown eye for a wedding. It was perfect. I used all four. I often use the top golden brown color with a brown eyeliner for day to day wear. I get complimented on it all the time. I also use the color intended for the crease alone too. The liner color didn't really impress me. I was hoping for a deeper brown. Didn't apply as pigmented as the others. That is my only complaint. Please use a brush when applying. Goes on much nicer. Stays on all day as well. I plan on purchasing other quad colors from Maybelline now. Price is low and results are great.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I adore this! It was hard to find when I was looking for it a few months ago, I had to go to 3 diff stores coz it was sold out. I ended up using it quite a bit, one of my fave Maybelline products which I have "graduated" not quite sure that's the right word but I evolved my collection to using more urban decay eyeshadows, but it will always hold a useful place in my collection. I just personally (myself) prefer the UD Nakeds franchise but I would rebuy this in a heartbeat. It's such a neat little quad! A little DS gem. (Nothing against Maybelline). This quad is fun & looks good with everything. Such a gr8 quad do I dare say my fave DS quad. Maybelline did a really gr8 job on this. I love finding gr8 DS makeup.

on 12/30/2014 5:16:00 PM

I love it!!! I mean sure, the texture of these Eyeshadows are not as buttery and smooth or have the best texture as some of the high end brands like Urban Decay and Mac but these are great for drugstore! I recommend using a good primer under these and some good brushes to apply the colors. The lid color is a gorgeous bronze goldy shade and a matte crease which is great. I use it as a transition shade too. Then the liner color is a chocolate dark brown and I love lining my upper and lower lash line with it. Overall I love this palette and I love how it complements my brown eyes :)

Maybelline eyeshadows are pretty decent! I have this and other colors too. Pigmentation is ok, but when I use urban decay eyelid primer first, these cheap eyeshadows are so well pigmented and last all day. I'm saying this in all honesty, I usually pick these shadows over my urban decay naked (1,2, and basics) or urban decay face cases as long as I use the urban primer. It makes all the difference and I don't feel guilty if I use these every day. Without a primer, pigmentation and lasting color on lids for me is 3-5 hrs.

on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I normally avoid Maybelline’s quads and Covergirl’s because they lack pigment. I purchased this because Youtubers mentioned it was a nicely pigmented pallet for the price. After thinking long on it I bought it.
It’s pretty with copper and browns and a taupe. The pigment is just okay, nothing to write home about. I wouldn’t purchase this again and probably will avoid these quads & pallets again. I only buy WNW, Milani, Jordana, and some LA Girls palettes still because for the price they are pigmented.

on 9/17/2014 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Base shade- Not a fan of this shade. Does not have a nice texture. Not very pigmented. I have used it on my brow but I do not like the color or slight sheen it leaves there. I have also used it on the inner third of the lid and then the bronze lid shade on the outer two thirds.

Lid shade- Golden bronze shimmer. Very soft shadow, very pigmented.
I usually use this shade as a crease shade or very as a very light sheer layer on the lid.
Beautiful shade but I just do not like how bronze shades look on my skin :(
Better to build it by patting it on and then lightly blend with brush.

Crease shade- My favorite of the palette. I love the crease shade. It is like a muted light to medium ash brown. A little taupey.
Very buildable. I love this shade for everyday. I have used it alone all over the lid. Alone in the crease. Or with a light shade on the lid and this in the crease.

Dark liner shade-Deep chocolate brown with light shimmer. The dark shade is great as a liner even better when used wet. I also like to use it to create a nice smokey eye. Either in the crease or outer V.

NOTE: the dark brown liner shade is very similar to the chocolate brown shade in the Smashbox full exposure large and travel palette.

on 8/10/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Bought it on sale for $6.75. I have light to medium brown skin... I also have dark eyelids to begin with.. Needless to say it wasn't enough pigment for me, even tho I bought it on the suggestion of the SA@ Shoppers Drug Mart. I will however get use of the taupe and the white as they will be subtle colors for work.. Only The Body Shop really has eye shadows I love, so I'm glad I just spent so little on this. I do adore Maybelline mascaras and lip products, but I will never repurchase shadows from them again.

on 6/12/2014 9:19:00 AM

This review is for the quad in revised packaging shown in image #7.

The skinny:
Base – looks light/shimmery, but it’s not bad once it’s on
Crease – warm taupe. Acceptable transition color
Lid – warm bronze; performs better than you might expect. Pretty nice. Best color in here.
Liner - wants to be a lighter shade of Mac “Notoriety” (from Leopard Luxe palette). This should come off much richer and does not.

I have 3 of these palettes (also have Chic Naturals 10Q Mocha Motion and Stylish Smokes 02Q Natural Smokes). They just look so pretty then they go on sale so you’re like why not. Then you try them and they’re unimpressive and you don’t do much with them until you dedicate yourself to using them up.

I never use these palettes solo for a look. I don’t think they’re strong enough to stand alone. But for the sake of this review, I used Chai Latte – all the colors, together for a complete eye look. I was pleasantly surprised. It created a soft bronze eye, nice for summer or any other time. The colors work well together and feel less powdery than the other palettes previously mentioned. There is not a lot of dimension, but the variation is enough to make it interesting. Good if you are on a budget and want something different, are just starting out in makeup, feel like purchasing something at the drugstore (without high expectations), or need a cheap palette to keep at bf/sister/whoever’s. Worth the sale price, not more. Not bad for what it is. Although this is the best one of the 3 palettes I own, I would not repurchase.