April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I was hoping for a nice satiny bronzey quad for summer. Instead I got shimmer. And fallout under my eyes. A gritty feeling from the chunks of glitter in the lid colour, which is a gorgeous copper. Then a bruised look from the crease shadow which goes on dark and migrates all over. The liner shade has a lot of red orange to it, it is not a neutral brown.

This has a lovely shimmery cream base or highlight shade, but it has major fallout all by itself.

This is the first shadow set in the Expert Wear series that I've had irritation from and it is from the lid shade which is a pity as it is truly lovely with excellent colour payoff.

This set enhanced my wrinkles, highlighting them while increasing my redness around the eye and adding more darkness under my eyes. I'm back to using my Rimmel bronzer as a shadow, with a bronze eyeliner to give me the look I like.

I am going to return this quad, with the awful shimmer bomb Champagne Fizz.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

This is a great quad for a day time look. I think it could be a little more pigmented, as the color payoff isn't as great as I thought it would be. It does crease, so definitely use a primer. My biggest issue with it is how much shimmer there is, I wish they had put in a matte shade. I feel like if I use the entire quad as intended it's just way too much. It's pretty good in terms of price, but I feel there are better quads out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

Cons: you'll probably need primer for it (for better application,opacity, and duration), the packaging is kids crap due to the plastic cover being lose and breaking but not so serious since you can fix it urself Pros: Really cheap, good colors and a good variety of them, good quality and I actually love it! It's great for beginners or people who want to slowly expand their makeup collection so I would definitely but again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kekaquan

I am actually gonna return mine. I've heard of a lot of good things about Maybelline eye shadow quads. I loved the color in this specifically. But I'm honestly disappointed at the color payoff. While the two shimmery shades are seriously amazing, the two matte shades barely showed up. It's just poor pigmentation and I have to keep rubbing them in the pan to have a anything on my skin. Gonna return mine soon. Even though it is cheap, it is still not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great set of colors that are perfect for daily use. I really love every single color in this quad! Also a variety of ways to wear the colors but I tend to wear it like the directions say.

The colors show up on my skin pefectly and look really nice. I always put a little bit of Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (Vanilla) on my eyes before I apply the shadow so that might help it wear better too.

I have been wearing this quad daily for a month now and I will most likely buy it again although there are some other brands and eye shadows I have plans to buy but if those don't work out then I will be back to buying this. I think this eye shadow is worth trying and I am glad I took a chance and discovered it.

At the moment other daily makeup I pair with this eye shadow quad are:
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Vanilla or Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Classic Ivory
Loreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer in Fair
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Finishing Veil in Translucent (sometimes)
Maybelline Ultra-Brow Powder in Dark Brown
Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara in Very Black
Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black.
Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Color in Mocha Muse or Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie or Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey or Zoya Hot Lips gloss balm in Flirt.
Cover Girl Classic Color Blush in Natural Glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this because of the raves from Youtube Guru Xteeener. I do not like this quad. I feel that it lacks pigment and it is too warm for me even though I have yellow undertones. When I blend out the colors it looks orangey. This is not what I am looking for. I thought it would be a great everyday neutral eye palette. This was not cheap either. With tax it cost about $9.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I never thought I'd like this so much! I use it for my everyday look. I put Mac's All That Gliters on the lid and inner corner and the darkest brown in this quad on the outer crease. Then I finish the look with one of UD's eyeliners or Revelon's liquid eye. That dark brown is the perfect shade. Not matte and old looking, not sparkly and fall out ridden! Just the perfect brown with a little sparkle. Perfect color to bring out brown eyes. I love this color more than every single shade in Too Faced's Natural eyes palette full of brown/neutral eye colors. I am so pleased.

EDIT: Will not repurchase because I'm going to go green with my shadows soon. This shadow doesn't not irritate my lids like MAC shadows tend to, so points for a gentler formulation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by giainjersey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so much but the metallic bronze shade in this quad applies patchy and the blending color is too cool brown for my liking. I only like the base color but I can't justify keeping the palette for just that reason so...it goes in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Who needs UD Naked when you can get the perfect neutral palette for a fraction of the cost? Chai Latte is literally my go-to palette; I use it every single day and it's lasting awhile. The crease colour (3) is my HG eyeshadow- it is THE perfect matte taupe eyeshadow. I wear 3 as a wash on my lids for daytime every day, and my since my favourite way to mix up my eyemakeup is with warm shimmery shadow, the rich bronze-gold (2) suits me perfectly. I don't do brow highlighting ever, so I never use 1 but 4 is a really pretty way to line your lids using a flat or angled brush, especially when dampened. They last all day (except 4, I sometimes use it in the crease and it, well, creases without a primer) and are a really wearable finish. 1, 2 and 4 all have gold reflective particles in them. Will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the quality of this pallet, and I think it stays on quite well throughout the day. However, I personally think the lid color is too orange looking on my skin. I'm Asian with yellow undertoned pale skin. It may be just my skin tone that makes it look orange, but I really don't like that color. I would prefer a more golden color for lid. But other than that, I like the other 3 colors, and still think it's a good product.