December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Vincent Longo - Light Canvas Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this on Hautelook for a really cheap price, and was very excited to try it because I've never tried a tinted moisturizer before and this brand is quite expensive.. I got the #6 which is WAY too dark for my skin (do not recommend buying online, the colors look completely different online than in person) but since it is summer the color doesn't look too off. It is a bit orangey looking, it doesn't apply smoothly, does not feel like a moisturizer, feels like it is clogging your pores and it dries patchy. It feels quite thick and heavy on the skin and I even mixed it with my normal moisturizer. It feels like a foundation. I left this on for a few hours and couldn't wait to get it off. It does provide semi-coverage but I did break out after using this one time. Don't know if I'll be using it again..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Brumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My boss uses this product in conjunction with a million other things that she puts on her face everyday. I've always thought that her skin looks really nice when she she is done with her makeup, but have never gone to the trouble of trying to replicate it bc I do not have the money to purchase all of the fancy products that she uses to make her "makeup concoction" everyday. VL sent her a box of free makeup and the shade they gave her in the LCTM was too light (#2) so she gave it to me. Wahoo! At the very first pump I noticed how pinky peach and ugly it looked and I could also tell that it would probably still be too dark for me, but I thought perhaps it would be sheer enough to work as a sunscreen base at least anyways. I was definitely disappointed with the consistency, but I would not call it heavy... it's actually very light texture, with a high concentration of that awful orange color and it spreads like one might imagine paint might... it is very hard to blend as it dries immediately on the skin. The only upside is that it leaves a very matte finish. When I first applied this I thought that it looked awful, but figured I would just put my other makeup over it and get on with the day. I usually wear moisturizer, foundation and powder. That day I substituted the moisturizer for the LCTM and put on my foundation and before reaching for the powder realized that my skin looked GREAT. The LCTM must soak up all of the oil in both the skin and the foundation bc my finish looked flawless and very natural... very similar to the look I admired in my boss's makeup. So... though alone, I do not think this is a good product... it may be the secret ingredient I've been looking for. I wouldn't recommend someone to buy it if they don't already have it, bc there are probably other- less expensive and more blendable products (with better sunscreen protection) to be found, but if you already own it and wish you hadn't shelled out the $$, try it as a moisturizer/primer... it might be your secret ingredient too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

what a disappointment! I got this in Shade 2 and Shade 3 for 75% off at Sephora. I figured it's always good to have extra suncreen-y stuff around. But they're both pink/peach, and not just a little - the color of each is intensely pink/peach. THere's no way I can go out in public in this. Also, it has a very thick texture that I find quite difficult to blend, though I see others experience a nice smooth texture on their skin. I know tinted "moisturizers" have nothing to do with moisturizing and that they're just supposed to be light foundations, but this is like a thick foundation and, for me anyway, the colors are reallllyyyy off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeFetch

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at Sephora for 75% off.

I am a MAC NC45 (dark brown skin) and thought the color and feel of this moisturizer was perfect. It just melted into my skin and left a nice color behind. It is not greasy and blends quite well.

I also had problems with the packaging. After the first two pumps, I couldn't get any more product to come out. I also dislike that the tube cannot stand on it's own.

It was cheap because it is being discontinued and worked well on my skin but because of the packaging, I would not buy it again and certainly wouldn't pay full price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sampled color #1 in Sephora and was pleased with the results, so I bought a tube. However, when I opened the package at home and tried to pump some out, it didn't work. I thought I got a bad tube until I read other reviews here. I'm sorry, but if I'm paying $38 for a product, the package better work! Help a girl out, Mr. Longo!

In any case, I sucked it up and just unscrewed the cap to apply. For a tinted moisturizer, this is heavy and tough to apply. I tried a wedge sponge (VERY difficult) and a foundation brush (a bit better), but the best way to apply is with fingertips. Unfortunately, it broke me out after a few uses, so I will be returning it.

On a positive note, this was one of the best products at concealing the redness on/around my nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by fvger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a great product for acne-prone skin that is sensitive to silicones. This TM provides a natural finish with a glow and covers more than some light foundations I've tried. The color range is a bit off IMHO. 3 is a very pale pink, 4 is quite ashy and still pink, while 5 is too orange for my nc25 (Becca Nude, LM oil-free Nude) skin. I mix them to get a good colour but sometimes I wonder whether it's worth the effort...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by rcangel8082

Alright, I like this product for all the same reasons that everyone else does. For a tinted moisturizer this offers pretty good coverage. I also like that it does not make me look super shiny. The sales associate at Sephora actually put this on half of my face and Laura Mercier Oil Free on the other half and there was a definite difference between the two sides of my face. The side with the Vincent Longo TM looked almost perfect, while the side with Laura Mercier looked exactly as it did without makeup - just more shiny and greasy (yuck).

But, I had the same problem with the pump as many others have mentioned. I did notice the the SA had to open the bottle as she could not get the pump to work on the tester. I chopped it up to abuse as it was a tester. When I got home I noticed that my bottle had the same issue. I was very dissapointed, to say the least, as that was one of the biggest selling points because it made it so easy to put my makeup on in the mornings. So, I became determined to "fix it" or figure out what the problem was.

Well, I think that I have figured it out. The bottle seems to have too much air in it to take in the first pump (I think it's the pressure) so you have to unscrew the top and leave it loose in the bottle and pump it a couple of times till product comes out. I only had to pump it once or twice to get it to work. Then screw the top back on and voila. It should continue to work. I have not had a problem since, knock on wood!

EDIT: Stopped using as I think it was breaking me out. Also, it didn't last long enough on my oily skin. See my review for Clinique's Sheer Tint Moisture (it's love).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a lightweight foundation, that still provided good coverage. Then i figured maybe i didn't know what the heck i was talking about. I needed to feel covered, but not look it. And was having a devil of a time finding that. I went to sephora to try this on the strength of reviews here. Well boy am i glad i did. It looks pretty heavy in the bottle, and feels that way on fingers too. But i find my favourite way to apply is with a sponge, as though it's regular foundation. I really wouldn't classify it as TM, but more as a light foundation. It makes my skin look more even, but i don't have to worry about blending till I'm blue in the face, it just blends really easily. The best thing to me is the range of colours, and the forgiving nature of the colours. I use #8, which is the darkest colour. I was matched as NW50 at MAC, and while the VL#8 looks too dark for me in the bottle, it really goes on so well, that i can't believe the lighter colour would work for me, though it probably would be fine. I highly recommend women of colour try this one. It's oil-free which is a definite plus. Though I'm still trying to decide if it make me look oily throughout the day.

EDIT 13/3/08 - So it's been several months, and while i don't use it everyday, when i do reach for it, I'm invariably satisfied. And I've found it isn't necessarily responsible for my attack of the oilies, just my skin returning to normal. It's pricey, but it's definitely worth it, especially for darker women looking for a TM. The texture is more of a mousse, and while it seems heavy initially, it DEFINITELY goes on smoothly, and does a great job covering. Get it girls, i doubt you'll be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by got_pink

i love that it comes in pump form (hasn't clogged on me yet). it gives me the perfect amount of coverage to even out my skin tone and cover up slight blemishes but still sheer enough to let my skin shine through. since discovering that the Laura Mercier TM breaks me out, I've been on the search for a new one that's comparable and I've definitely found it. with powder over, this gives me perfect skin and doesn't leave me looking like an oily mess by the end of the day like Laura Mercier did. NC30-35 and #5 is a perfect match.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First product I purchased did not dispense through the pump after the first use. I exchanged it at Sephora for a new one thinking it was just a faulty pump - it wasn't. The second one is doing the exact same thing. For $38, VL needs to improve the packaging.

I wrote to VL CS via email over a week ago about how to get this product to dispense properly and have not gotten a response. I just forwarded the email again.

As for the product -- I wanted an oil-free, silicone-free product that isn't heavy. This product is not moisturizing, IMO, and it is not the easiest to apply (probably the lack of silicones). I find it more of a mousse-like foundation.

I like how it looks initially -- not dewy, but not overly matte -- but by later in the day, I feel a bit slippy/greasy. My skin is not oily and in fact dries out easily. I have tried using a bit of moisturizer under this in case some ingredient is actually drying my skin out/causing overproduction of oil but it doesn't seem to help this late-in-day greasiness.

I'm fair-skinned and #1 is an okay match for me. It's SLIGHTLY more pink in tone than other TMs I've tried but works okay.

I am considering going back to my Bobbi Brown TM (in the black tube) even though it has silicones. I will not purchase the VL LCTM again and in fact might return this 2nd tube.

UPDATED: I did return it. Back to BB!