Bare Escentuals Prime Time

3.6

cyclopentalisoxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, silica, magnesium silicate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E),, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract

on 2/6/2015 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product in a bare minerals get started kit and it quickly has become my favorite primer to use with any foundation! I have dry skin and like to use matte full coverage foundations and this product keeps my foundation from clinging to dry patches or getting cakey. I've tried tons of primers from drugstore and high end and this is the only one that extends the wear of my foundation and makes my skin look good as well! I will repurchase this over and over again :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I didn't really hate this product-it held my foundation fine, worked well with both the Bare Minerals powders and my other liquid foundations-but not only did it just not impress me much, it also broke me out pretty badly. My skin is pretty sensitive, and this gave me some pretty painful pimples.

Well, I don't know. It is "just" a primer, it does normal things that one would expect - however, I simply hate the feel and especially the smell of it. I can't help but feeling that I'm putting something really really artificial on my skin, that blocks each and every pore for ever, until I scrub it away with something really powerful. Also the consistency is too liquidy - I tend to put it on the back of my hand and it always slides away in seconds. Such a mediocre product.

on 12/25/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has a velvety soft feel on skin and seems to be just a standard silicone primer. It did make my makeup last longer without getting oily or slipping around. Unfortunately it also breaks me out BAD. Every time I used it I would have a few more zits. There is just no way I can continue to put this on my face.

Anyway, using a primer full of chemicals such as this defeats the purpose of using mineral makeup since most people use it to stay away from the chemicals in liquid foundations.

on 10/31/2014 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Really impressed with this silicone primer. Feels extremely velvety upon application and really keeps makeup on all day when used with the Original foundation by bare minerals. Only problem I find is it makes me forehead oily so I use it everywhere but my forehead. Quite expensive but overall a nice primer.!

on 10/1/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only reason I won't buy this again is because of the price - for what this costs, I would need it to be a stellar product. It's a really yellow primer that doesn't make your skin appear yellow. I didn't really care for the chemical smell, but it faded quickly. It seemed to do well at prolonging my makeup, but I got pretty oily by the end of the day. Not bad, but not HG. Still searching...

on 9/27/2014 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got the little travel size of this primer with my "hello gorgeous" kit before I manged to clear my moderate acne with oral medication. I loved it to smooth out the bumpy texture of my skin but stopped using it for a while because it was a little pricey. I started using the napoleon perdis green primer (crap) and then the pixi flawless and poreless primer, which worked at first, but then made my combination/oily skin extremely shiny even after I cleared my acne. Just the other day, I started using the bare minerals primer again. Not only did it control shine ALL DAY, but it kept sweat from breaking through my foundation during a two hour volleyball practice. I'm heading out to buy the full size right now (:

on 9/24/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

it was great until i broke out!

it did keep my makeup lasting all day, evident while I'd be taking my makeup off and more product would come off in comparison to when I didn't use the primer.

I broke out with white heads and cysts around my nose, cheeks, chin; my skintype is on the more oily spectrum.

still on the hunt for an hg primer!

on 9/12/2014 8:17:00 PM

My go-to primer. If its just an average day and I have no specific skin concerns I reach for this primer time and time again. A little goes along way and the price is very reasonable. Very silicone-y feel on your face but makeup glides on and stays put all day. As the weather slowly warms up I find my face can get a little oily by the end of the day but only after many hours of wear. The pump is useful but sometimes hard to control and i end up with a lil too much, but this is a minuscule issue.

Overall: Would highly recommend this primer, it deserves a place in everyone's daily routine.

on 8/18/2014 1:35:00 PM

I have yet to find a primer that works as well as this one. It's not perfect but all the other primers I've tried take SO long to dry, and will make your foundation peel and cake if you don't wait for them to dry. This one dries pretty quick, and does help to blur lines and pores, though is far from making them disappear. It helps my make up stay in place about 6-8 hours.

Popular Primer/ Correctors