July 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bare Escentuals - Prime Time

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Janell325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this primer in the neutralizing shade. It covers nearly all of my redness and discoloration to the point where I don't need foundation or even concealer (other than under my eyes). It has a strong scent which would probably bother many, but it reminds me of eggnog which makes me happy lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've used and bought it because of favourable reviews here and on other sites. I've been wearing it over serum and sunscreen this summer (no foundation, and topped off with powder) and it generally does a good job in stopping both my makeup sliding around and my face getting too shiny during the day (powder touch-up still needed). My concealer is going on much more smoothly over this product.
Not bad overall. I might try the Clinique primer I got in a GWP before deciding whether to repurchase.
Pricewise it's one of the cheaper primers so it's a good "entry-level" purchase if like me you're new to this type of product.
One gripe though - I got out my Bare Minerals foundation starter kit again (always find this product too hit and miss for regular use) to try over this primer, thinking it would improve the look of this foundation - and ended up with huge grapefruit-peel pores on my forehead, which went away when I stopped using the mineral foundation. This primer works much better for me with liquid foundation or just powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've worn this primer everyday over my sunscreen for the past couple of weeks. The performance has been thoroughly mediocre. This feels nice and velvety when it goes on, but that's about the only good point. It has not helped my concealer or blush stay on longer (I don't wear foundation). My skin is combination/dry, but slightly oilier these days due to the sunscreen I'm using. This is not particularly good at oil control. When I blot, there is about the same amount of oil on the sheet.

What it has done is break me out. I have gotten about three or four new blemishes since I started using this product. Nothing else in my routine has changed. I'm a little confused about this product. The ingredients list looked fine. I use a double cleanse (deep cleansing oil + foaming gel cleanser) to remove my physical sunscreen and makeup. I've worn silicone-heavy products before that haven't caused problems. But for some reason, this primer is clogging my pores (I caught a glimpse of myself other day in some strong light and was shocked to see how crazy my nose looked. I'll have to do a mask soon to clear things out).

I'm just using a leftover bottle my sister left behind after she moved out. I think I'll try using what's left to revive some dried-out gel liners. But I won't be putting this on my face again and I would not repurchase nor recommend this to anyone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! Have used 100 primers. This one goes in like silk and my foundation glides on. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the best primer ive tried. Its very light and instantly makes skin look better. Doesn't cause breakouts like Mac or Smashbox did. Feels smooth and soft. The pump is kinda iffy, sometimes I get more than I need. Overall good product and will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by xMessy

Love this primer, definetly better than the primers I've used including mac, smashbox and rimmel. I literally love the texture and how soft it makes your skin feel before foundation. I don't notice a massive difference in poors but it makes your face easy and makeup blends in beautifully. I use this over mosturiser and under my Estee Lauder DW. I have noticed a small difference in the lasting power of my makeup but again not huge still searching for a primer that will stop my makeup wearing off in certain sections! Overall I would recommend for oily/normal/dry skin and I will repurchase if I don't come across a better primer :) My next purchase is gonna be Estee Lauder Matte Primer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kymlovesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a good sized tube of this primer with my bare minerals kit, which also included foundation, bronzer, mineral veil, 2 flawless face brushes and a concealer brush, all for only £50! sounds steep, but I found it very good value considering all the products included and how much they would be individually.

But anyway! I love this primer, as it really does mattify the face and does a good job of smoothing the skins surface.

I have so far only used this primer in conjunction withe the bare minerals foundation so I cant comment on how it performs with other foundations e.g liquid.

But I would/will definetly repurchase this primer as it really does appear to help with my oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A lovely every day primer.
Really good for my combination skin! It isn't oily, so it doesn't break me out, but at the same time it isn't drying.
So perfect for me.
Leaves my skin soft and even. Ready for make-up.
I really notice a difference in the lasting power of my make-up when I put this on.
It's on the pricy side, but it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mrsaflores

I rebuy this all the time. It hides my poors and literally makes my face FLAWLESS. It isnt oily for me and keeps my makeup in place all day. I notice a serious difference when I dont wear it. Check out my Flik video ofit http://flikapp.com/flik/1BT7mJu7

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by AwesomeUserName

Good stuff. Reduces the appearance of large pores. Apply prime time and wait a little while before applying the bare minerals makeup, that's what I do and am pretty pleased.