September 1, 2014 | 2042 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bare Escentuals - Prime Time

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by yesitslaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have yet to find a primer that works as well as this one. It's not perfect but all the other primers I've tried take SO long to dry, and will make your foundation peel and cake if you don't wait for them to dry. This one dries pretty quick, and does help to blur lines and pores, though is far from making them disappear. It helps my make up stay in place about 6-8 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Cjessicaaa

By far my favorite primer, when I do wear one that is.
Worn bare essentials for about 5 years.
Put this on (little goes a long way) put on a bb cream and then either bare minerals loose matte powder or the ready foundation powder and it lasts all day.
Goes on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

Fills in pores, but doesn't blur imperfections, though maybe my imperfections are just too imperfect to be blur-able. Allows my foundation to smooth on very silkily, and comes in a hygienic package. I got this as a "bonus" in a bareMinerals Hello Gorgeous set, with 2 mineral makeups, Warmth & Mineral Veil. I will not be repurchasing this alone, but would repurchase the set I got for $60. It's just not game changing enough to justify a solo purchase in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels very siliconey and smooth, which is nice. It did not reduce oil or blur imperfections. The foundation glides on in a nice way when I use this but I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

They have changed the ingredients in this primer. I have normal skin never oily never dry never get spots so if something is going to work it'll work on my skin. I have a bottle from 2 years ago and the jumbo sized I bought at Christmas, the formula is so much thinner, doesnt blur/fill/perfect like the older formula. The primer itself is standard it doesn't particularly do anything on the skin bar make it a bit smoother for foundation, all your pores/texture will still be there. Doesn't prolong at all. The hunt continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Janell325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this primer in the neutralizing shade. It covers nearly all of my redness and discoloration to the point where I don't need foundation or even concealer (other than under my eyes). It has a strong scent which would probably bother many, but it reminds me of eggnog which makes me happy lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've used and bought it because of favourable reviews here and on other sites. I've been wearing it over serum and sunscreen this summer (no foundation, and topped off with powder) and it generally does a good job in stopping both my makeup sliding around and my face getting too shiny during the day (powder touch-up still needed). My concealer is going on much more smoothly over this product.
Not bad overall. I might try the Clinique primer I got in a GWP before deciding whether to repurchase.
Pricewise it's one of the cheaper primers so it's a good "entry-level" purchase if like me you're new to this type of product.
One gripe though - I got out my Bare Minerals foundation starter kit again (always find this product too hit and miss for regular use) to try over this primer, thinking it would improve the look of this foundation - and ended up with huge grapefruit-peel pores on my forehead, which went away when I stopped using the mineral foundation. This primer works much better for me with liquid foundation or just powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've worn this primer everyday over my sunscreen for the past couple of weeks. The performance has been thoroughly mediocre. This feels nice and velvety when it goes on, but that's about the only good point. It has not helped my concealer or blush stay on longer (I don't wear foundation). My skin is combination/dry, but slightly oilier these days due to the sunscreen I'm using. This is not particularly good at oil control. When I blot, there is about the same amount of oil on the sheet.

What it has done is break me out. I have gotten about three or four new blemishes since I started using this product. Nothing else in my routine has changed. I'm a little confused about this product. The ingredients list looked fine. I use a double cleanse (deep cleansing oil + foaming gel cleanser) to remove my physical sunscreen and makeup. I've worn silicone-heavy products before that haven't caused problems. But for some reason, this primer is clogging my pores (I caught a glimpse of myself other day in some strong light and was shocked to see how crazy my nose looked. I'll have to do a mask soon to clear things out).

I'm just using a leftover bottle my sister left behind after she moved out. I think I'll try using what's left to revive some dried-out gel liners. But I won't be putting this on my face again and I would not repurchase nor recommend this to anyone else.

ETA: I think the cyclopentasiloxane (see: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=144672/cyclopentasiloxane/Unlisted-Brand/Foundations) may have been causing the breakouts. It's the first ingredient in this primer and not present in any of my other facial products.

Anyway, I tried using this to revive a MAC Fluidline that was drying up and it worked very well. I just used one pump, then used a toothpick to mix it all up. The liner is now creamy and easy to work with again. The color is unchanged and performance is the same as far as I can tell. So if this stuff is causing problems for you and you can't return it, use it to extend the life of your cream liners and shadows--at least it won't go to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! Have used 100 primers. This one goes in like silk and my foundation glides on. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the best primer ive tried. Its very light and instantly makes skin look better. Doesn't cause breakouts like Mac or Smashbox did. Feels smooth and soft. The pump is kinda iffy, sometimes I get more than I need. Overall good product and will purchase again.