Bare Escentuals Prime Time

3.6

cyclopentalisoxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, silica, magnesium silicate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E),, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract

on 4/28/2015 3:38:00 AM

This primer has a thin consistency which doesn't seem to do anything or last on the skin. I have thebalm Honey Face and Body primer, and it has a better consistency and is well rated on Paula's Choice.

on 4/7/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Breaks me out horrendously!!

I have very oily skin and am blemish prone, not acne but uneven skin tone and many little spots/ probably one big one a week.

Have borrowed this product off friends so many times and I absolutely LOVE how it looks, it works miracles to be honest, but without fail, every time I use it I get at least two/ three painful red spots the day after, even by the afternoon sometimes :(((

BUT! Bear in mind when reading my review that I have a terrible history with primers - they literally all break me out so badly!!! Why is this?! The only one that hasn't broken me out is a smashbox luminizing primer - might have to look up/ compare the ingredients I guess.

Anyway good luck girls!!

on 4/6/2015 6:19:00 AM

Pros:
- smooth base (feels like benefit's professional but more watery?)
- helps control oil for probably 6-7 hours
- comes with a pump

Cons:
- pump occasionally squirts too much out (not much control)
- (edit) it feels a tad greasy and doesn't really dry matte fast
- may or may not be breaking me out.... (will update again)

UPDATE: okay I realised this primer was breaking me out. my face was smooth and clear with probably 1-2 bumps, but in less than 10 hours since application, I've gotten 8 whiteheads which are red. this is crazy!! I used the sample before and maybe once or twice the original bottle and it was average, but I have no idea why this is breaking me out now?! maybe it was because I had so many spots on my face before that I didn't think of attributing the spots to this =_= well........ I definitely won't be repurchasing this then.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this without knowing that it is meant for oily skin with large pores. I have dry skin with little pores. With my skin, it looked gray and clumpy and it settled into my worry lines where it clumped up there.

on 2/6/2015 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product in a bare minerals get started kit and it quickly has become my favorite primer to use with any foundation! I have dry skin and like to use matte full coverage foundations and this product keeps my foundation from clinging to dry patches or getting cakey. I've tried tons of primers from drugstore and high end and this is the only one that extends the wear of my foundation and makes my skin look good as well! I will repurchase this over and over again :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I didn't really hate this product-it held my foundation fine, worked well with both the Bare Minerals powders and my other liquid foundations-but not only did it just not impress me much, it also broke me out pretty badly. My skin is pretty sensitive, and this gave me some pretty painful pimples.

Well, I don't know. It is "just" a primer, it does normal things that one would expect - however, I simply hate the feel and especially the smell of it. I can't help but feeling that I'm putting something really really artificial on my skin, that blocks each and every pore for ever, until I scrub it away with something really powerful. Also the consistency is too liquidy - I tend to put it on the back of my hand and it always slides away in seconds. Such a mediocre product.

on 12/25/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has a velvety soft feel on skin and seems to be just a standard silicone primer. It did make my makeup last longer without getting oily or slipping around. Unfortunately it also breaks me out BAD. Every time I used it I would have a few more zits. There is just no way I can continue to put this on my face.

Anyway, using a primer full of chemicals such as this defeats the purpose of using mineral makeup since most people use it to stay away from the chemicals in liquid foundations.

on 10/31/2014 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Really impressed with this silicone primer. Feels extremely velvety upon application and really keeps makeup on all day when used with the Original foundation by bare minerals. Only problem I find is it makes me forehead oily so I use it everywhere but my forehead. Quite expensive but overall a nice primer.!

on 10/1/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only reason I won't buy this again is because of the price - for what this costs, I would need it to be a stellar product. It's a really yellow primer that doesn't make your skin appear yellow. I didn't really care for the chemical smell, but it faded quickly. It seemed to do well at prolonging my makeup, but I got pretty oily by the end of the day. Not bad, but not HG. Still searching...