April 19, 2014 | 1878 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bare Escentuals - Prime Time

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A lovely every day primer.
Really good for my combination skin! It isn't oily, so it doesn't break me out, but at the same time it isn't drying.
So perfect for me.
Leaves my skin soft and even. Ready for make-up.
I really notice a difference in the lasting power of my make-up when I put this on.
It's on the pricy side, but it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mrsaflores

I rebuy this all the time. It hides my poors and literally makes my face FLAWLESS. It isnt oily for me and keeps my makeup in place all day. I notice a serious difference when I dont wear it. Check out my Flik video ofit http://flikapp.com/flik/1BT7mJu7

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by AwesomeUserName

Good stuff. Reduces the appearance of large pores. Apply prime time and wait a little while before applying the bare minerals makeup, that's what I do and am pretty pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so worried about using this on my sensitive, acne prone skin but I am glad I did! The foundation works wonderfully with it and is perfect for dry, flaky spots or oily zones. It has the smoothest, satin finish, not greasy at all. It's amazing and a pea size amount covers my whole face! I like to put a pea size drop on my finger and then just touch my other fingers to it and then I can spread it more easily on my whole face while still using a small amount. Really love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I got this as a sample from a Sephora purchase and it goes a long way. I love the velvety, matte finish after application. Good oil control too. But when I apply foundation, it somewhat falls off. I don't know if it's because it's gel but I still like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

This is my favourite primer. Odourless, easy consistency to work with. The packaging is terrible - why not do a bigger version of the trial size? I've also used Clarins primer and BE neutralizing. This is my favourite over the Clarins because although they are similar, this is more liquidy and easy to blend over the skin. Additionally, although the initial finish isn't as matte as the Clarins, 8 hours later this has less oil breakthrough for me. I also like the fairly short ingredients list - this helped my skin clear up a little when I switched from the Clarins. But, it does ball up when used with MAC studiofix powder, I go to Clarins for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Oily with dry spots and sensitive.

Prior to using Prime Time, my makeup only lasted a couple hours before it started to slide around my face and making it look chalky. I had tried the Smashbox Primer (for oily skin) but it didn't exactly work for me so I thought all primers were useless.

My friend recommended I try a primer again so I found a free sample of Prime Time that I got from the powders I purchased from Bare Escentuals. I noticed that my makeup still looks the same hours after applying it, which was amazing! No more dry spots!

Just remember not to use too much or it can look greasy. I only use half a pea size amount and rub it in all over my face, concentrating on dry spots (side of nose, corner of lips).

PROS:
- Makeup doesn't shift even after hours of wear. It can last 9-5 working hours but after that, I feel like I need to take off my makeup.
- Eliminates chalky look.
- The cheapest "high end" primer (I paid $27 at Canadian Sephora)

CONS:
- Full size pump is hard to dispense the proper amount of product. I prefer the sample size squeeze tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this to be just a so so primer with the actually mineral makeup, but very nice with any silicone based liquid foundation. So if you have it sitting in a drawer somewhere you may want to give it another look. Note: I have Dry skin but oily T zone, and I also live in AZ.

Packaging: Not great. The pump squirts out too much and is difficult to control.

Price: Only $18 as opposed to Smashbox or Tarte, but you waste a lot with that pump.

Use: You only need a very little, but because it sinks in so quickly and its clear with a gel like texture there is a tendency to over apply. Use only a pea sized amount and keep smoothing all around your face even if you think there is nothing left on your fingers.

I apply this at 4:30am and with commute and work and family don't get home til around 5:00 or later. I don't reapply my foundation or apply a powder ( haven't found one that doesn't look gross on me), or setting spray, and my foundation still looks good (not fresh or prefect) at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by dobedoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First and so far only primer I've used. It's pretty good, doesn't make me break out and helps keep the makeup on. The only bad thing is that it doesn't hide my big pores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I had my HG of face primers for the past 7 years, until Paula Dorf decided to discontinue it for some reason. ::sigh:: I love BE's Prime Time Eyelid Primer, so on my quest to replace my face primer, I chose a BE product. At first I tried the oil control version, and it was horrible! (You could read my review on that one to find out why.) I returned the oil control for the original Prime Time Face Primer, and it is a lot better. But- if I could change one thing, it would be the slippery texture of the primer. I like my primer to have a little bit of slip, but this one is a little "too" slippery, IMO. I feel like my foundation slides a bit over my face, and when I look in a magnifying mirror, I can see that there are streaks sitting on top of my skin instead of the foundation sinking and blending "in" to my skin. I have to blend it out more to get rid of the streaks. (I know, I was spoiled by my beloved Paula Dorf Perfect Primer.) This primer is definitely better than a few others I have tried recently, but it is still not my HG. If I can't find anything better, this will probably be my new "go to" foundation primer.

UPDATE, Oct 20th, 2013: Nah... I don't like this primer. WAYYYYYY tooo greasy-feeling!!! Makes my nose look like an oil slick after an 8 hour day. I found another one that's better by Lorac. thank GOD!