April 19, 2014 | 1728 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Slimshine in Ultra-Elegant

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The slimshines in general are worth the splurge on eBay, since they're discontinued... I've bought 4 and they're amazing. Sheer, comfortable, long-lasting, brilliant.

I have to say I misjudged this colour at first. Thought it was too orange, and kind of garish. Then I clued in and used a peachy blush instead of a pinky one, and voila, gorgeous.

I only gave it 4 lippies because it's a little subtle, not totally noticeable, not my favourite colour in the line. But otherwise, lovely. Ultra elegant. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my FAVORITE lipsticks! It's halfway between a lipstick and a gloss, and very moisturizing. Great neutral color that's both work appropriate and can be worn when you do a more dramatic eye look when you go out. One of my HG lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ultra Elegant is a warm peachy nude. It is brown based with no shimmer. I love the super smooth texture and shine of these lippies. Sadly the entire slimshine line at MAC was discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lovelyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It is a burnt orange color and it looks lovely. It goes on smooth, and provides moisture. This is my first slimshine, and I plan on getting more. I think I like this better than MAC's regular lipsticks, except for the fact that it kinda has a bad smell, it does not have the signature vanilla scent to it. It took a while for me to get used to it, but after about 3 uses, I don't smell or taste it anymore. The lasting power isn't that great either, but I don't mind re-applying. Despite all this, I still love the color and consistency. I definitely plan on repurchasing, too bad it is limited edition! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by LGlovesMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Slimshines in general have a great consistency that is not like other lipsticks. It is very creamy which is a plus.

Ultra-Elegant is the closest shade to Bare which I was looking for initially, yet its a couple shades darker.

I purchased this at a CCO so this may just be because of it, but the smell of the slimshine is not good at all. The color doesn't fit well with people who already have pigmented lips because it just turns out to look like a gloss and you wont be able to recognize if you need to reapply it or not.

Overall, this wasn't a great pick for myself so I suggest this to people who love the mac vanilla smell and who can easily pick up pigmentation for their less pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by aythwonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this lipstick. I would've given it a 5 but sadly I'm allergic to it. This and bare would have been my hg l/s. I find myself still thinking about repurchasing both of them again (that's how much I love them). If you're one of the fortunate ones that don't have my problem, go out and try it. It's like a l/s and l/g in one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by bonkymommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I researched these here and then asked the MA to recommend one that wasn't pink. He picked Ultra Elegant and it really is just that. CLASSY and a little different. Goes great with my new shoulder lengthe cut. I am a redhead with highlights/blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by purpleicefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pretty much my HG lipcolor. love the fact that it has the consistency of a gloss with some color too. The color itself is so pretty--a light peachy-brown color with no shimmer, which is perfect for a dramatic eye look, when you want your lips to be toned down. i adore the way it makes my lips look ultra supple and luscious. the only downfall is the fact that it runs out kind of quick, but other than that, definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to say this reminds me of Bare Slimeshine in color a bit darker, but when applied on the lips it a nude light brown still nude like Bare but with a hint of brown instead of pink.It goes on sheerer than Bare but yet very tasteful in color.If you have pigmented lips it wont show up as much as if you had lighter toned down lips.I notice it can blend with your lip color if you are darker skin tone,though its still so,so beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by littlegreen11

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! Slimshines are the best and this color is gorgeous! Its a neutral peachy pink tan color that is so soft and easy to wear everyday. It really is elegant. Slimshines are amazingly creamy. The color is on the sheer side but it can be built easily. and because of the creamy texture it isn't at all drying on my lips. I would however still recommend priming your lips with a balm first for extra moisture. The packaging is lovely! it is so slim and stylish. My only complaint is that it needs to be reapplied quite often. other than that I love it!