October 20, 2014 | 2063 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Enzyme Mask Pineapple

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I love Freeman products. This one I had high hopes for and it fell short. I was hoping this would be a cheap alternative to the awesome Alba Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme mask, but it's really not comparable.
The Alba enzyme mask you can FEEL working. And you can see immediate results. This Freeman mask is so wimpy. I can't feel or tell any difference afterwards. Three stars because this could benefit someone with sensitive skin. If you like this but need something stronger, try Alba's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**Hmmm...that's odd. I got mine from Ulta and my ingredients aren't like the ones on Ulta's site, (which is what is listed here as the 'new formula') or the one on Drugstore.com. But it also isn't the same as the one listed in the reviews here as the 'old formula'. Mine has some more fruits and chemicals, such as lavender, sea kelp, peppermint and tea tree, but it doesn't have the papaya, mango, coconut, orange, grapefruit and lemon that the new one has. Mine is the old orange bottle and says 2-in-1 exfoliating mask on the front. So I guess it's some middle formula...Idk. It still has the pineapple, aloe, glycolic and lactic acids though those last 2 are further down the list. (And it doesn't have the chamomile). I notice some people mentioning things like consistancy, how it dries and how it feels, so I'll comment on those for my version to compare.**

My skin in sensitive and clog prone, so I've run the gamut in terms of problems and products. Lately my issue has been hard bumps all over my face, so I started using Mario Badescu Enzyme Gel. The gel seemed to help and while I liked that it's gentle, I wanted a little more. I stumbled across this product somehow on here and after checking out the reviews, it seemed like it might help improve my results.

As with the other Freeman masks, I like the packaging much better than other drugstore masks, though mine also did feel kinda 'empty'. My version smells really nice and mostly like pineapple, even though it's not the original, simpler formula, nor the tropical mix that the new one seems to be. It is a thick gel that's slightly yellow but goes on clear and has small beads, but really a very small amount. They don't irritate me as other 'scrubs' do. I tried it as a spot test first just to make sure I wouldn't react. I agree with the other reviewers who mentioned this, because not only do you not know how it will effect you, but there are also so many different versions. I like to use a warm washcloth to open my pores first, even though some people on here don't like steaming like that. It doesn't sting my eyes or face at all, even with tea tree and peppermint, which is surprising considering I'm fairly sensitive. Mine dries clear and comfortably but it does dry fairly quickly. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes. (The directions on mine say 5-10). It seems to rinse pretty easily for me, but I also recommend using a cleanser after, or at least a washcloth just to make sure it all comes off since it's clear and leaving some on could potentially result in some clogs. (Maybe with the new version it's the coconut oil?) My skin feels soft and refreshed aferwards but I think it's important to follow with a moisturizer since theses acids do technically exfoliate even if you don't rub in the beads like a scrub.

Maybe it's not a miracle, but it's definitely helping so far. I will probably update in time, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents that apparently this company changes formulas A LOT.

I will try and test the difference between this and the new formula if I get it too.

Update: I'm not sure if this is for me...like a previous reviewer, I'm not sure if it's doing anything or not but I'm still battling bumps and wonder if thick gel like products that stay on for some time may not help that. It could be just me, but it's sad if it's doing nothing or making it worse....? I made the choice to return this. Maybe it's ok but I'm just too wary and sensitive. Wanted to like it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by mosaic77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product. Even though I am sure the older version of this product is much better. I use it as a scrub rather than a mask, but I think it will work equally well as a mask. It is not irritating and I have not observed any adverse effects from using this. It is quite cheap, I probably will purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Consistency: It's a gel and not too runny, or too thick. Just right. It has somewhat a bit of a grainy bits in it. Like tiny little bits of sugar. Not all that noticeable though. Since this is a gel, a little bit goes a long way. I see this product lasting a while.

Color: A pale yellow/ cream color. It goes on mostly clear though on my fair skin.

Smell: Fruity, Pineapple Goodness. I really like how this one smells and its not so strong where it causes my eyes to sting.

Taking it off: Easy peasy, washes off pretty easy and quickly.

Results: I honestly don't notice much of a difference with this mask. It doesn't do anything for me but I will buy it again when it runs out because it smells so good. And I have fun with face masks.

Overall, It's just OK when it came to the results. It didn't make it great but it didn't cause any problems or adverse effects.

I just love the smell.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gretch988

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I can't say enough about this bargain of a miracle-product. I have always been an advocate of exfoliation as part of my regular regiment. I think the best results come from both chemical and physical procedures. This product is mild yet effective, smells great, and EXTREMELY budget-friendly considering it's contents!

Normally I will apply this after cleansing in the shower. I find the steam gives it a little extra tingling action (which I like, because then I know it is doing its thing!)

I can and have used this up to twice in a week without any negative reaction. It can be a little hard to find- I found my last batch at ULTA and snagged two at the BOGO rate! I highly recommend you do the same :)

My current skin-care routine and favorites:
Clarsonic Skin Cleansing Brush
OLAY Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub
Sea Breeze Astringent- Sensitive Skin (BLUE)
PONDS Rejuveness and PONDS Original
Garnier Marvelous Oil (eyes, mixed in with moisturizer)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I had to order this directly from Ulta, luckily with the 15% off deal. This particular mask is hard to find in drugstores as it is either not sold in-store or sold out. I got this mask as a recommendation to use alongside uncoated aspirin for the perfect exfoliation treatment.

First off, I must say this is the best mask to use in the morning. It smells of fresh cut pineapples and is so refreshing. The beads in this mask work to exfoliate. Alongside aspirin, it makes for the perfect skin miracle. Used alone in the bath, the mask definitely tingles with the pineapple enzyme. I might apply a soothing clay bentonite mask thereafter or just hydrating mask overnight.

Overall, I am finishing my first tube. I will definitely repurchase when it ends. It reminds me of the Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme that is expensive...I found it on sale once for $7 but it's usually around $12.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I have absolutely no idea if this does anything for my skin. No change whatsoever. Not better, not worse, not brighter, not duller, just nothing. I've been using it twice a week for months and my skin hasn't changed at all. It could be the dumbest $4 I ever spent, but at least it's cheap. Smells really nice and I like the little exfoliating beads, but these positive reviews amaze me. Maybe I just got a defective tube? I love the face clay masks from from Freeman's, but I'll be looking into other brands for this kind of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

Really good one, exfoliates well, gives radiant, not too strong even for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this with 2 other masks from the Freeman brand from drugstore.com. Nothing bad to report; I love the smell which was like fresh cut pineapples. The consistency was gel-like and stayed put on my wet face and neck while I showered, no tingling or burning, really gentle. Face was smooth, soft, glowing and my acne scars were less prominent. I like it for mild exfoliation, and with my other AHA product it delivers that one-two punch in my face care routine. Good stuff and a decent amount with 6oz at $3.99, also cruelty free, too. Will definitely replace when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rayykayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always had pretty clear skin. Not too oily, not too dry. Had the occasional breakout here and there. I've had the Freeman's Clay mask (Avocado and Cucumber) for a few years now. And while that one is fantastic in making my face feel cleaner, that seemed to be all it did.

Fast forward to the past few months, where I've started breaking out like nobody's business. I had to go to a dermatologist to get prescription topical medications to clear up my acne. Now, my acne is mostly cleared up, but a lot of the redness and "scarring" remains. I read about AHA's and how they help speed up the skin healing processes, so topical solutions that have AHAs are good for redness and clearing up left over spots.

I picked up this little mask at Ulta and I love it. I love it so much. There are little beads or sugar crystals or something abrasive in the solution that helps exfoliate a little bit. It doesn't harden like the clay mask so it's not uncomfortable at all. The back of the bottle says to use it 1-2 times a week or as needed, so for someone that needs to have clear skin by next month, I've been using it almost every day. Using it every day for maybe a week, I've already seen improvements on the redness that normally takes months to clear up completely. My acne is gone, no more flare ups, not even the little bumps, just leftovers. The AHAs in the mask must be really working well because my face almost looks like it did months ago.

I highly recommend this product. For me it was 3.99 and it's doing more for me than any other expensive product has. If you have severe acne, see a dermatologist. This won't completely clear you up, but it sure as hell will help fix your face after your acne starts to go away.

GET THIS!!