October 20, 2014 | 2099 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging Polishing Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have straight hair but I try and keep it voluminous and this serum does a great job at adding shine without weighing my hair down. It's very lightweight, but it offers some serious shine. It's in the $30 range which is expensive compared to other shine serums but once you use it you'll understand that it's worth it. Like I've mentioned before it's very lightweight and having oily hair that needs to be washed everyday I value a product that doesn't make my hair in need of a wash after a few hours. It has a lovely citrus scent that's nice and refreshing compared to other products that smell awful. In reference to it's anti-aging claims I'm 20 years old and it's really not something I'm looking for in a product and truthfully I doubt it can make your (already dead) hair look younger. The bottle is clear so you know exactly how much product you have left which is great because you wont waste anything; and at $30+ who wants to waste any right?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by svedija

i really like that it does not weight my hair, has got some nice oils and gives shine, but i am not impressed. it is not as good as say L'oreal's much cheaper serum and i really hate the smell...way too sweet and strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by d_horton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely worth the astounding price. This actually changes the entire character and texture of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i actually received this along with the Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo and Conditioner after i won a contest on a beauty blog. so far i've only tried this serum, and i really do like it. it's much thinner in consistency than say John Frieda Frizz Ease, and spreads through hair easily w/o weighing it down at all. i do have to say i used it in conjunction with Tigi After Party hair creme, so although i'm not sure how it would do on it's own (if it would be enough to tame my thick, wavy hair into straight submission) it did wonderful used with the After Party. what i noticed most after using it was that my hair felt much softer and silkier. usually after i blow-dry and flat iron i spray a little bit of silicone shine spray into my palms and pat it onto the ends of my hair, but when using this serum i didn't need to do that. although i'm not sure if i would buy this on my own tight budget, i will definitely use it until it's finished. **EDIT** i bumped my rating up to 5 lippies for this because it really deserves it. a few weeks ago i got a little lazy and stopped using this along w/my After Party (i was just using the A.P. alone) and the difference it made was enormous! my hair was poofy (in a bad way), more unmanageable and flyaway, felt more coarse- yuck! so i started using it again and it leaves my hair soft and silky. i love it! a must for people w/thick, wavy hair that they blow dry and iron.