July 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Morning Cup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

Thankfully this works for me. I was nervous because it is a lavender brown color but I am light to medium with neutral undertones and this works great. I put it on with the soft bronzer I had no idea what to do with and this gave my face such a natural finish. I am very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by juliah09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite contour colors especially with a lavender undertone blush on with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect contour color! Someone recommended it for this on the EDM forum, so I tried it.... otherwise I found it to be a strange blush color. Everything else I've tried for contouring looks like I have a line of dirt across my face, but since this is kind of a purplish color, it looks like the color your skin is under the shadow of your cheekbone (if that makes sense). For reference, I use EDM's Olive Sweet Almond... so doesn't just work for those with cool undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by strickers

I bought this as a contour color. It works as that, but it's also not a color I'd imagine many can pull off. It pulls strong purple tones, so it creates an unique etheral look. I can't see this working with warm skin tones.

I have fair olive skin and it borderlines on muddy for me. Probably wouldn't repurchase, just because I like trying new things and my sample will last forever. Worth a shot if you're fair/cool and don't mind purples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use as a contour. On me this is a mauvey-brown-beige that is just a little too cool and muddy for my fair (Mac NC/NW 15) neutral-toned complexion. Luckily I had ordered a bunch of EM samples and I ended up mixing this with Daydream which is more of a beige. The resulting color is a neutral light brown perfect for contouring my cheeks. I think by itself, Morning Cup would make a great contour for cool tones only, fair to fair-med skin. My mixture would only work for fair to very fair skin as it's slightly lighter. Warm tones would probably want to use one of the other cheek colors for contouring. EM samples are cheap so order a bunch! ;-D
In general I LOVE EM blushes! e-mail me is a great pink-beige for my cheeks, and I like using the soft bronzer to add warmth to my skin in summer. I love that their website advises which blushes go best with fair, medium or darker skin tones. Those with fair skin will know how hard it is finding blush that doesn't make us look like clowns!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Morning Cup is a unique shade. I have very light skin with yellow undertones, and on me this looks like a pale, flat pinkish mauve, which belies the brownish plummy mauve that I see in the jar. There is no way I can wear this by itself. It looks muddy and bright at the same time, and while unique, it isn't an easy color to wear nor a shade that most people would associate with blush. It's almost, but not quite, a contouring shade, definitely not a "pop of color on the cheeks" kind of shade, and not a natural looking color at all. I've only been able to make it work as a more diffuse base color. I apply this lightly over my cheeks, especially in the contour but also into the cheekbone, buff in with a kabuki brush, and then use a bright, true pink on the apples of my cheeks. It looks different, but in a good way. Somehow this blush appeals to my experimental makeup aesthetic and so I'm hanging onto it. I haul it out every now and then just to see what it does.

EDIT 2/09: Tried using this as an eye shadow recently and it's pretty nice on the lid with EM In the Garden in the outer crease. This launches a whole new use for Morning Cup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this shadow, erm...I mean blush, and yeah, it is a tough shade to wear on the cheeks. What is described as an earthy brown and lavender blush comes off as a matte plum-based cool taupe. I tried it out a few different ways on my cheeks and it just looks too grey and dull, even with other brighter blushes to liven things up (I'm Olive Fair, btw). However, it's really beautiful on my lids and crease as a wash, paired with a deep plum liner and bone brow highlighter. On eyes - perfect for daytime! Since I like it on my eyes I'll repurchase. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I normally go for pinks and peaches when I buy blush but when I read the description of Morning Cup on the EM web site, I was intrigued. The EM web site describes Morning Cup as an "earthy subtle brown and lavender blush with a matte finish, that is ideal for for Fair skin tones." For reference, I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones and my color matches are Fairly Light Neutral (Buff) intensive or a combo of Light (Golden) intensive and Fairly Light (Beige) in original glo (MAC NC 25ish).

I purchased a personal mini kit and Morning Cup was one of my selections. Morning Cup is a matte, cool-toned, light taupe with hints of brown, plum, and gray. It is one or two shades lighter than EM Wild Flowers eyeshadow (but Wild Flowers has more brown than Morning Cup). Morning Cup has no red undertones whatsoever (yay!).

I can tell you that I prefer using Morning Cup as an eyeshadow than as a blush or contour for me. I use it as a wash over my eyelids though it can easily be used as a crease eyeshadow. It is great for giving me a natural look and I love that it has no shimmer/iridescence at all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I totally didn't know what I was getting into when I got this in a sample. I had completely forgot about it until this morning when I took a look and decided to try it underneath my cheekbones--pretty nice! I applied a brighter, pinker color above it and blended the two together with Light Pink, and it looked pretty damn stunning. I've always steered far and clear from bronzers and the like (I'm a PPP) so this was a happy accident that's fun to experiment with. It might also make a nice eyeshadow on me--plummy browns flatter my green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Morning Cup is a very unusual colour. I searched the makeup board and found a recommendation to use this as a contour colour for very fair skin. It goes well with hard-to-match lip colours like Viva Glam II, or with brighter cool tones when I don't want my blush to compete for attention. And, of course, it IS a perfect contour colour when built up under cheekbones with a brighter blush above. A good product to have in any cool PPP's bag of tricks, but not my go-to blush shade.