Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 8/23/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The sharpener is a mess. The first time I sharpened this, the pencil broke. The second time I sharpened, it broke again. Finally, I figured out I was entirely wasting money by using the sharpener. The quality of the pencil, in terms of pigment, is actually quite good, so no complaints there. Paid $7.99 for this at Rite Aid.

on 8/20/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Hands down the BEST drugstore eyeliner to buy. I have purchased dozens of these over the years. I like that they do not need to be sharpened, come in a good variety of colors, my favorites being the brown and charcoal shades, and they last all day. That being said, I will state that you don't want to twist up the stick of color too far or it will snap off.

The other little trick I do to "set" the color, is to take a good flat eyeliner brush and gently run it over the eyeliner to smudge it slightly (the smudger they give you on the end isn't worth a dime). I find doing this seems the help the color stay on much longer. You will need a bi-phase eye makeup remover to get this formulation off. I use the Neutrogena eye makeup remover.

These can run anywere from $6-8 depending on where you purchase them.

on 8/9/2015 10:20:00 AM

I used this for tighliting, since I don't put eyeliner on my waterline. It transfers very easily to my waterline and it just goes everywhere. I would not repurchase. I currently use the Rimmel eyeliner, which is waterproof and does not transfer at all.

on 8/7/2015 5:45:00 PM

This eyeliner is pen sized and does a helluva job it can make my eyes smokey as hell!

on 7/13/2015 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it's impossible to sharpen this product (at leats with the sharpener including on the opposite side). The 'pencil' bit keeps breaking, and because of it's soft, crayon-like consistency, it doesn't stay sharp anyway.

Completely useless.

on 7/13/2015 7:50:00 AM

I love the texture, it's quite creamy and easy to apply. It glides on nicely. The sponge at the back is great for blending of wiping away any mistakes. When this goes on its GREAT. About an hour later... Not so great. Not long wearing. It dissapears from my waterline and moves down to under my lash line. That being said, I think I would still repurchase, as just a cheap eyeliner on the go, as I'm yet to find one that smooth and pigmented at a similar price. However, if you want it for an event or want it to look flawless for hours, this isn't for you.

on 6/29/2015 8:26:00 AM

Hard and hurt to put on, primer helped but still.

on 6/23/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a retractable eyeliner that would replace my NYX one because it is always out of stock! I love that this is easily accessible at my local Target, maybe like $5 and is retractable! Also it's pretty creamy and dark black that doesn't smudge! I still feel the NYX one is more creamier and is more intense black.

Thank goodness I don't have to go across town to Ulta now! I think the pictures above are different. The one I have has a smudger at the end for blending and the picture above doesn't.

on 6/1/2015 2:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my lancome eyeliner and decided to try this one. I need eyeliner that stays put all day and doesn't disappear or move. This one did stay in place most of the day but it was very hard to apply. The eyeliner is too hard and I have to really end up pulling a lot on my eyelids to get this to stay. It's not worth the aggravation of trying to apply it. Sometimes it feels as hard as a rock. I think I'll stick to my lancome and sometimes Stila liners for now even though they cost more. They apply much easier, darker, and stay all day.

on 5/9/2015 12:23:00 AM

Have used this pencil eyeliner for quite a few years. Was time to buy again and when I went to purchase I noticed the design of the pencil was different. It was difficult to apply and my eyes kept drying out and itching and it irritated my contacts. I contacted Revlon asking them if they had changed the formula and I got a quick response. Unfortunately, they did change their formula. I absolutely loved this liner in the past. They did offer me a refund which I do appreciate. Now to find a new eyeliner.