April 18, 2014 | 1013 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H20 Proof Blending eye pencil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Well, it IS eyeliner. That's about the only pro. It comes with a blending tip too (but you're not going to be able to blend this junk.)

CONS: This is SOOOO hard to blend or even apply. I thought it was a joke.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by extermikate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks fine but needs to be retouched frequently, and is definitely not as H20-proof as the advertising implies. I do like the colour and brightness, but I probably won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought one of these in 794 blue when Fred Meyer had WnW BOGOHO, so it wasn't an expensive experiment. The color payoff is mediocre (for the blue, at least), the pencil pulls and tugs and it's very slow to begin to deposit color. I've worn it twice now and it is decidedly not long wearing. Maybe the other colors work better?

My preferred d/s brands of eyeliner pencil: NYC Waterproof (cheap and good!) SH by Carmindy, Revlon Colorstay, and L'Oreal Extra Intense. I'm also a big fan of L'Oreal HIP cream eyeliner but I only use that when I'm getting all decked out.

HTH!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I'm glad this eyeliner has worked for others-- I hoped it would work for me... But, it was awful!! It didn't stay on ANY part of my eye. I knew I was expecting too much for this to stay on my waterline, but this stick of foolishness wouldn't even last on my upper lash line. After 3 hours at a concert, I check my makeup and this liner is on my upper lash line in blotches with the majority in my creaseline. So, I just rubbed it all off with my finger-- yes, I could do that!
This liner was the exact opposite of what I was looking for in a liner.
Do not buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarah91x

I thought this was actually an ok eyeliner, not so great for the waterline but that's what my Revlon colorstay is for. Its Smudge free and i was quite surprised with the staying power and for the price i would definitely buy this eyeliner again for back-ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by drugstorejunkiee

I bought this because of how cheap it iss, which is a major plus. But i have received tugging with this eyeliner and sometimes pain ! If i put the pencil at a certain angle it gives me a very nice thin line or i can smudge it up and make a nice smokey eye. its nice on my waterline but does fade and looks very nice on my lower lash line. The reason i wouldn't buy it again is that it takes a VERY long time to apply it to get it just right and since i have to get ready for schoool quickly thats an issue. During the summer its an annoyance. Not my HG by far and ill keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by krys

Saw this on another swapper's wishlist, thought I'd give it a try, was pleasantly surprised (which keeps happing with Wet'n'Wild, so I don't know why I'm still surprised.)

This pencil is about half the length and twice the cost of other WnW liners, which makes you wonder why anyone would buy it. Well, the reality is that - while the regular 99 cent liners are good, this one beats them. It's far creamier and easier to apply without tugging, and it has considerable staying power. I don't know about being "H2O (water) proof," but it did stay put during a long day of desk work. That's about the same level of performance I got from the famed UD 24/7 pencils.

The blender on the end of the pencil is basically a "whatever" addition. I never use it.

The color I bought was Blazing Bronze, It's a warm, pretty brown with considerable shimmer. It's also available in black, blue and amethyst. I really wish WnW made this little treasure in a wider variety of colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by obsessed098

I saw this brand new at CVS so I picked up two--amethyst and the denim color--for 1.99 each. I didn't have much luck with the liquid H20 proof since it got flakey, and while these are not flakey they do not retain their color by the end of the day. That's not to say that the pencil line disappears, it's that the color has faded from a bright strong blue to a dull grayish navy. The lasting power is alright, 5 hrs max, but I had expected more. These will certainly not last on a hot summer day. Then again, I just have really oily lids. I did like the color though, especially the denim blue--a sparkly bold navy that makes the white of my eyes pop when used for tightlining, truly beautiful. The amethyst is not really amethyst, it is more of a plummish brown and I see no purple in it. Very similar to the darkest shade in the Mojave Mauves eyeshadow trio. All in all, I can find better pencils that will deliver more but at the cost of a higher price. These pencils were cheap for me, so I don't regret the purchase.