September 30, 2014 | 1163 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Fact or Fiction set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This was a TSV last year from QVC. For just under $60 with shipping and handling you get this set with 7 products. I also went on autodelivery to get 3 more sets delivered over the course of the year.

First off you get a full size of the Photo Finish UVA/UVB SPF 15 with Dermaxyl. This is the large jar with pump that retails for $42. This stuff is great if you dont mind the silicone. Breaks me out but alot of ladies love this.
You also get the Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Midnight Black. This is also full size and retails for $22. This liner is designed for lining the inner rims. I find it as good as the BB gel liner or MAC fluidliners. Great black. Also comes with the full size angled liner brush which takes a while to get the hang of, but makes lining the inner rims painfree. Retails for $20.
You also get the Lip Service Lipstick Palette 2, that has 18 shades of various lip sticks in creams, mattes, shimmer and glossy formulas. I found the formulas dried my lips out. Went on smoothly with no scent but after several hours my lips feel very dry. The first palette retails on QVC.com for $39.50. #2 is a variety of shades and #3 has a lot of pinks and reds. (#3 came in the first autodelivery set).
You also get Soft Lights Quad in Aglow. THis is a highlighting powder with a cream, pale pink, pale nude and pale bronze. Great for highlighting all over. Gives the skin a nice soft glow without being too shimmery. In the next auto delivery you get the Soft LIghts Quad in Allure, a set of rosey browns that works well as a blush.

You also get a sample size of the Body Lights Glowing Lotion of 2 oz. The full size is 8 oz and retails for $35. ITs got a faint flowery scent and gives the body a golden tan shimmer. Apply carefully and you will get a nice tan but be sure to blend.

FInally you get the standard Sheer Lip Pencil in Palm Beach. A perfect burgandy nude shade. Soft and no tugging. Love this pencil but this color comes in every set.

Great value for under $60 if you love the products. SInce I only really love the Soft Lights Quad,and have plenty of eyeliner, I wouldnt repurchase..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Got Smashbox's Fact or Fiction set at Nordies. I loved the variety of products offered:

1).42 oz. Lip Service Lipstick Palette 2 - 18 gorgeous shades with long-handled lip brush. Love that the palette holds lipsticks that suit all seasons. Cream lipsticks are highly pigmented. Metallic lipsticks run more sheer. Having purchased the Bobbi Brown lipstick palette before, I like that the texture in each lipstick is not DRY. Instead, each lipstick has a slippery feel- as if they were mixing pigment with their velvety, smooth Photo Finish.

2) Soft Lights Quad in Aglow - four shades of highlighting powder: pearly cream with gold shimmer, opalescent pink, nude, and bronze with peach shimmer . Finely milled and creamy to touch. Very versatile.

3) .5 oz. Mini Photo Finish UVA/UVB SPF 15 with Dermaxyl - I don't use primer except for trouble spots (dry patches).

4) High Definition Healthy FX Foundation - sample packet in shade L3

5) 2 oz. Body Shimmer Lotion - Silky, velvety nude-bronze shimmer lotion. Easy to apply, distributes color evenly without pigment settling into skin. Has a very strong gardenia/frangipani/musk scent. I would apply this on my pasty legs to give them a natural, non-metallic glow.

6) Sheer Lip Pencil in Palm Beach - bronze-nude but shade description online is "nude brown." Palm Beach has slight shimmer to keep it looking fresh, not flat like a concealor pencil). Superior texture. Glides on lips.

7) Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Midnight Black - inky black!

8) Arched.Liner Brush #21 - Love this brush for a super fine line. (My box reads "Arced Liner Brush" haha.)

All in all, this set rocks. If you are into glowy skin and lipsticks that don't look cakey or feel drying, this is a great set. I am very happy with it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those sets that I wish I was able to test before buying. In short, it was touted on QVC as having 18 colors of lipsticks in a palette, a body bronzer, a highlighting quad, a tinted primer, a new black liner meant to be used on the inner rims, and a brush for applying the liner.

I bought it because of the variety of lip colors, but I wasn't impressed with the sheerness of them, or that they were pretty cool-toned on me. And they really didn't last past a few smiles. Very on-the-skin and siliconey, ready to swipe right off, which they did with record speed. Not impressed at all with them.

I don't need bronzer, so didn't bother with that (again, the lipsticks were the draw for me, and they failed).

The primer wasn't anything I needed.
The highlighter was fair and fine, very nice, though I didn't need 4 different colors.
The liner is really very, very nice! Works well with the brush - though I didn't need to spend all the money I did just to get it! It's would be awesome in a softer color.
All in all, not worth the money. The lipsticks were such a big let-down. I'm cancelling my auto-delivery. I was reminded why I don't own any Smashbox lipsticks - they are just far and away not my kind of product. Sure they have no scent, which is awesome, but the color payoff just is not there, and that's a shame, really. So 2 lipsticks, but that's for the liner and highlighter. Back it goes. continued >>