NYX Hebe

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's one of my most favorite bold shade. It is dark, pigmented and just looks so good on darker skin tones like mine.

It doesn't take much of this lipstick to make me look put together.

on 2/3/2014 7:29:00 AM

Hebe is a beautiful ruby red color with a hint of raspberry, and a soft shimmer that is just enough to add some lovely dimension to lips, but is not over the top. Really, really pretty and wearable red. Bright and noticable- definitely makes a statement, but does not cross over into hooker or goth territory (which is very easy to do on my pale skin). On me, this is a beautiful red that looks exactly like MAC New York Apple, at a fraction of the price. 5 lippies!

on 11/9/2013 2:44:00 PM

Hebe is a bright pigmented red.
gravitates to warm undertones.
Texture of lipstick is creamy and smells nice.

I think this color can be rocked to work and to a club,very versatile.
And just a good red to keep in your lipstick collection,especially for that price.

Would recommend this to girls with fair to medium skin color [preferably warm undertones.]

on 11/20/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very pleased with this product. I bought it on a whim one day after hearing someone mention it, and thought I would give it a try, since I love red lipsticks. I was surprised to see that it had some shimmer (not glittery) to it, and I really like the cool ruby-red shade. It has the usual scent of NYX Round Lipsticks, which I cannot identify but it is not unpleasant. Not sure how I missed this on my original quest to own every red NYX lipstick lol - I own Snow White, Electra, Chaos, Pure Red, Chic Red, Alabama, Merlot, Angel, Indie Flick and probably others I cannot remember and this one stands out from them. The inclusion of shimmer was a nice touch.

on 2/11/2012 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on the hunt for a red lippy and went looking for Snow White. My Lawtons didn't have it so I tried this and Electra. I definitely prefer this to Electra (which is messier). It's a lighter blue-toned berry red. I didn't quite get what I was looking for but I do like this shade. It's another one in my collection that I need to wear more often.

on 12/4/2011 8:12:00 AM

Doesn't work on my NC 40 skin. Makes me look "dirty". It's a bright red lipstick with a cool undertone. If you're a NC40 - dont get this lipstick.

on 3/23/2011 11:17:00 AM

Oh wow this may have just became my signature red. I have only tried red lippies a handful of times & have not found a color that is flattering for my color, but this one may just do the trick! It lasts forever & the price ya the price makes it worth it completely!!! The color is a very unique red, I cannot really explain it well but it almost has a metallic look (without being a teeny bopper) on me. So far loving it!!!

I am on a listick kick! I guess all of my lippes seem old and tired so I bought a bunch of these NYX Round lippies. After much research, (the swatches on the NYX site are WAAAY off) I picked 12 colors.

Hebe and Celebrate are two of my favs of the bunch.

Hebe is a lovely almost "plummy" red with a hint of frosty shimmer (the good kind) it does make a great every day lipstick as well as a night out lipstick depnding on the liner that you choose, It does seem to have some gold-ish sheen to it but not in a distracting way.

Overall - I love it and would def. repurchase

on 2/3/2011 5:29:00 AM

i REALLY wanted this to be my signature red since Hebe is actually my name :-) i even got Hera for my sister (my folks we really into greek mythology). but for some reason DH absolutely HATES this shade and frowns when i wear it!! he claims it has "an orangey cast". and for that alone i don't wear it when he is around.
i agree with previous reviews that it is a cool, shimmery red. a bit too dark for daytime use for me, but wonderful for evenings out. i use a rosey nude lipliner underneath to keep it in place and i like the way it hugged my lips and not settled into cracks or bled out after a few hrs. Not terribly long lasting (i line, fill, apply lippie, blot, reapply so i am used to makeup staying put!) no gloss ontop but it still faded quite a bit.
its an OK red, i use L'Oreal Loving Red or MAC Viva Glam Cyndi bec i enjoy bright tones on my lips usually.
for reference i am a fairskinned freckly eurasian mix and i tend to burn rather easily.i am not quite sure if i am cool or warm toned, but i use MAC N5 and LightFul NC35 as advised by makeup artists :-) depending on seasons

on 12/1/2010 3:24:00 PM

this gorgeous lipstick would be my version of a wearable, every day red color. its not blaring fire-engine red, but rather a soft and youthful. beautiful if paired when paired with plush red lipgloss by NYX. no scent that i can detect. nicer packaging would probably be the only thing id like improved for this item, but no matter, the product itself works like a charm

Popular Lipsticks