August 1, 2014 | 1647 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Hebe

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Hebe is a beautiful ruby red color with a hint of raspberry, and a soft shimmer that is just enough to add some lovely dimension to lips, but is not over the top. Really, really pretty and wearable red. Bright and noticable- definitely makes a statement, but does not cross over into hooker or goth territory (which is very easy to do on my pale skin). On me, this is a beautiful red that looks exactly like MAC New York Apple, at a fraction of the price. 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ShaniMesh

Hebe is a bright pigmented red.
gravitates to warm undertones.
Texture of lipstick is creamy and smells nice.

I think this color can be rocked to work and to a club,very versatile.
And just a good red to keep in your lipstick collection,especially for that price.

Would recommend this to girls with fair to medium skin color [preferably warm undertones.]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pleased with this product. I bought it on a whim one day after hearing someone mention it, and thought I would give it a try, since I love red lipsticks. I was surprised to see that it had some shimmer (not glittery) to it, and I really like the cool ruby-red shade. It has the usual scent of NYX Round Lipsticks, which I cannot identify but it is not unpleasant. Not sure how I missed this on my original quest to own every red NYX lipstick lol - I own Snow White, Electra, Chaos, Pure Red, Chic Red, Alabama, Merlot, Angel, Indie Flick and probably others I cannot remember and this one stands out from them. The inclusion of shimmer was a nice touch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I was on the hunt for a red lippy and went looking for Snow White. My Lawtons didn't have it so I tried this and Electra. I definitely prefer this to Electra (which is messier). It's a lighter blue-toned berry red. I didn't quite get what I was looking for but I do like this shade. It's another one in my collection that I need to wear more often.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work on my NC 40 skin. Makes me look "dirty". It's a bright red lipstick with a cool undertone. If you're a NC40 - dont get this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh wow this may have just became my signature red. I have only tried red lippies a handful of times & have not found a color that is flattering for my color, but this one may just do the trick! It lasts forever & the price ya the price makes it worth it completely!!! The color is a very unique red, I cannot really explain it well but it almost has a metallic look (without being a teeny bopper) on me. So far loving it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on a listick kick! I guess all of my lippes seem old and tired so I bought a bunch of these NYX Round lippies. After much research, (the swatches on the NYX site are WAAAY off) I picked 12 colors.

Hebe and Celebrate are two of my favs of the bunch.

Hebe is a lovely almost "plummy" red with a hint of frosty shimmer (the good kind) it does make a great every day lipstick as well as a night out lipstick depnding on the liner that you choose, It does seem to have some gold-ish sheen to it but not in a distracting way.

Overall - I love it and would def. repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by juventas000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i REALLY wanted this to be my signature red since Hebe is actually my name :-) i even got Hera for my sister (my folks we really into greek mythology). but for some reason DH absolutely HATES this shade and frowns when i wear it!! he claims it has "an orangey cast". and for that alone i don't wear it when he is around.
i agree with previous reviews that it is a cool, shimmery red. a bit too dark for daytime use for me, but wonderful for evenings out. i use a rosey nude lipliner underneath to keep it in place and i like the way it hugged my lips and not settled into cracks or bled out after a few hrs. Not terribly long lasting (i line, fill, apply lippie, blot, reapply so i am used to makeup staying put!) no gloss ontop but it still faded quite a bit.
its an OK red, i use L'Oreal Loving Red or MAC Viva Glam Cyndi bec i enjoy bright tones on my lips usually.
for reference i am a fairskinned freckly eurasian mix and i tend to burn rather easily.i am not quite sure if i am cool or warm toned, but i use MAC N5 and LightFul NC35 as advised by makeup artists :-) depending on seasons

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

this gorgeous lipstick would be my version of a wearable, every day red color. its not blaring fire-engine red, but rather a soft and youthful. beautiful if paired when paired with plush red lipgloss by NYX. no scent that i can detect. nicer packaging would probably be the only thing id like improved for this item, but no matter, the product itself works like a charm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I love lipstick, but I rarely wear it because I eat them off. I'm too lazy to reapply constantly. That said, when I do wear it I like bright, red or berry colors. It is really important to me that the lipstick wears off well, no ring around the mouth. This is a thin formula with a lot of pigmentation and does wear off very well. Because I am constantly smacking or rubbing my lips together I don't really expect my lipstick to stay on very long.

I love these for ONE $, it's cheaper than lip balm! Hebe is a great color for me, I used to wear MAC New York Apple a lot and this reminds me of that a lot. Maybe it is darker, but I apply these very sparingly and the results are about the same. I actually don't like shimmery lip stuff, but they do look good on. This isn't that glittery shimmer, it's more toned down adding depth.

I wear C40 Studiofix & NARS SG in Stromboli.