Shu Uemura New Improved Eyelash Curler

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

WOWEEEE the curls produces by this curler is amazing! BUT it is bit difficult to get the angle right, but a little practice and I'll be on my way.

I was on a hunt for a new eyelash curler and I researched from heated eyelash curlers to mechanical to automatic curlers. Anyways I was on a very strict budget and in Australia it's very hard to get anything in stores and I needed something ASAP meaning I had to buy something in store which narrowed my research even lower. I decided to go with Shu Uemura just because it's a very popular brand and I did not want any of those mechanical curlers with side bars anymore even though they claimed not to pinch, I had learnt from my past eyelash curler which pinched me everytime and I recently found it ripped my eyelashes every time I was curling it. I needed something that had a different shape, curling method and no side bars.

I honestly just went on David Jones' store and searched Shu Uemura and they had the New Improved Curler (S Curler) in stock. So I did my research on this and found this page.

Because I've got very stubborn and short eyelashes, this is perfect for me as it grabs all of the lashes from the root and gives it a natural curl. I love this product mostly because it gets the outer conner and inner corner as most side bars curlers don't grab

Tweezerman also had a similar design but I found that it's reviews were not as great and I wasn't wiling to spend money on something that didn't provide the WOW factor for most.

This is such a great and smart new design! Definitely worth the money!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyelash curler. It lasts all day with or without mascara.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this Shu Uemura curler and will never go back to the cheaper alternatives. I did not understand what all the fuss was about regarding this eyelash curler, as I thought the cheaper curler I bought at Ulta was pretty good. However, I always need to decide these things for myself, so I shelled out a few extra dollars for this curler, and WOW! What a difference a more expensive curler makes! The actual eyelash curler is the exact same shape as the one I got at Ulta, but the pads are much rounder, and apparently that's the secret to getting amazingly curly lashes.

I am not a fan of this and would recommend those that purchase this, if it doesn't fit your eye shape, don't be afraid to return it if you can. With that being said, this is not a magical eyelash curler that will fit all eye shapes. My asian eyes are quite flat, and this curler has too much of a curve to reach all of my lashes. It curls the middle section just fine, but the outter and inner corners can't be reached.

My shiseido has been my go-to curler for the past 10 years, and experimenting with others along the way, I always go back to shiseido.

If you can try this before purchasing, please do so. Retails for $24 CDN.

I had the original and thought it was about time I replaced it (I've been using it for a number of years!) My sister bought me two from Singapore as you can't get them in AU - she paid SGD 32 for each (I only paid SGD 22 but that was about 5 years ago and I think the old model).
As soon as I started using the new curler, I could see my eyelashes really curled up and the mascara just made them more visible. A few weeks prior to getting the new curler, I thought my mascara was drying up as my eyelashes didn't stand out like they had previously - now I know it was the old eyelash curler! I really cannot recommend these highly enough if they fit your eye contour - I've used them for many years and never found any of the others that I've tried to be better. They also come with 2 replacement rubber strips (which I've always had included in the box and I've been using them for over 15 years).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've used this curler for some time, and decided to replace the pads. HOW ridiculous and NASTY that they don't make them--to say nothing of unecological!!!!
I bought a Shisedo, which IS refillable, and it works great, is lighter, and easier to use.
Boycott Shu until they make refills--it's nonsense.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yes it's pricey. Yes, it's good. I personally love it and use it every day so I think it's worth it. You only have to decide if if it's worth the price tag.
Update: I've lowered the score to 4. Not because it's a bad product, just because I don't feel the need to use it everyday since I'm a careprost user. The best in it's category, but not crucial to anyone who doesn't need an eyelash curler.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is it! THE best curler I've used and definitely worth every penny. I have teeny tiny asian eyes (shrimp eyes for some) and my eyelashes look absolutely fab with this thing! Add two coats of lancome hypnose and I look like I have falsies on! I know some dont encourage curling lashes after mascara but I do this ever so gently and there's an extra oomph without the odd L shaped eyelash!

Wow! Thats all I can say about this product. I am sooo difficult to please but these really deliver. I thought my Shiseido curlers were brilliant but compared to Shu Uemura they're nothing. They never pinch and my eyelashes - which are really poor, look amazing! The only downside to these babies is their UK price 30 is a little on the expensive side but they really are worth it.

What a great investment. Shu Uemura's eyelash curler is the way to go. I have tried the Revlon and the ELF one and they both were pretty bad. I used the Revlon one for over a year and was never able to get that long lasting perfect curl. ELF's eyelash curler nearly ripped my eyelashes off because the pad broke down so FAST! Shu Uemura's is working really well for me. I am asian and have small almond eyes with sparse eyelashes, and it's nearly perfect for me. The curl lasts long and I don't have to curl it forever to make it that way. Great product, I probably won't have to purchase this again, unless I lose this one. I highly recommend it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools