October 2, 2014 | 983 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shu Uemura - New Improved Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this eyelash curler. It lasts all day with or without mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ChristineN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this Shu Uemura curler and will never go back to the cheaper alternatives. I did not understand what all the fuss was about regarding this eyelash curler, as I thought the cheaper curler I bought at Ulta was pretty good. However, I always need to decide these things for myself, so I shelled out a few extra dollars for this curler, and WOW! What a difference a more expensive curler makes! The actual eyelash curler is the exact same shape as the one I got at Ulta, but the pads are much rounder, and apparently that's the secret to getting amazingly curly lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I am not a fan of this and would recommend those that purchase this, if it doesn't fit your eye shape, don't be afraid to return it if you can. With that being said, this is not a magical eyelash curler that will fit all eye shapes. My asian eyes are quite flat, and this curler has too much of a curve to reach all of my lashes. It curls the middle section just fine, but the outter and inner corners can't be reached.

My shiseido has been my go-to curler for the past 10 years, and experimenting with others along the way, I always go back to shiseido.

If you can try this before purchasing, please do so. Retails for $24 CDN.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by jessimon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the original and thought it was about time I replaced it (I've been using it for a number of years!) My sister bought me two from Singapore as you can't get them in AU - she paid SGD 32 for each (I only paid SGD 22 but that was about 5 years ago and I think the old model).
As soon as I started using the new curler, I could see my eyelashes really curled up and the mascara just made them more visible. A few weeks prior to getting the new curler, I thought my mascara was drying up as my eyelashes didn't stand out like they had previously - now I know it was the old eyelash curler! I really cannot recommend these highly enough if they fit your eye contour - I've used them for many years and never found any of the others that I've tried to be better. They also come with 2 replacement rubber strips (which I've always had included in the box and I've been using them for over 15 years).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this curler for some time, and decided to replace the pads. HOW ridiculous and NASTY that they don't make them--to say nothing of unecological!!!!
I bought a Shisedo, which IS refillable, and it works great, is lighter, and easier to use.
Boycott Shu until they make refills--it's nonsense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes it's pricey. Yes, it's good. I personally love it and use it every day so I think it's worth it. You only have to decide if if it's worth the price tag.
Update: I've lowered the score to 4. Not because it's a bad product, just because I don't feel the need to use it everyday since I'm a careprost user. The best in it's category, but not crucial to anyone who doesn't need an eyelash curler.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is it! THE best curler I've used and definitely worth every penny. I have teeny tiny asian eyes (shrimp eyes for some) and my eyelashes look absolutely fab with this thing! Add two coats of lancome hypnose and I look like I have falsies on! I know some dont encourage curling lashes after mascara but I do this ever so gently and there's an extra oomph without the odd L shaped eyelash!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Nixxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! Thats all I can say about this product. I am sooo difficult to please but these really deliver. I thought my Shiseido curlers were brilliant but compared to Shu Uemura they're nothing. They never pinch and my eyelashes - which are really poor, look amazing! The only downside to these babies is their UK price 30 is a little on the expensive side but they really are worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Lisahh

What a great investment. Shu Uemura's eyelash curler is the way to go. I have tried the Revlon and the ELF one and they both were pretty bad. I used the Revlon one for over a year and was never able to get that long lasting perfect curl. ELF's eyelash curler nearly ripped my eyelashes off because the pad broke down so FAST! Shu Uemura's is working really well for me. I am asian and have small almond eyes with sparse eyelashes, and it's nearly perfect for me. The curl lasts long and I don't have to curl it forever to make it that way. Great product, I probably won't have to purchase this again, unless I lose this one. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although i have only used one other eyelash curler (one i got for free from a clinique bonus package which sucked), I believe this is really a great eyelash curler considering i have absolutely no complaints other than the price (which is saying alot as I am picky and have high standards).