April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Lip Gloss - Chantecaille - Brilliant Gloss in Flirt

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

I like this brand even though it kind of kills me to pay so much for a lip gloss, and not a very pigmented one at that. I have Mirth and thought that Flirt would be less pigmented than it is, but it's actually got quite a bit of opacity to it. Very bright coral, more orangey on me than pink. For that reason I wouldn't get it again for myself, but I can use it to add more color to a nude or too-pink l/s. Like the conditioning ingredients and that it doesn't irritate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous, pink-ish coral color. Like another reviewer said - it's a great watermelon punch. Looks good on its own or over a variety of lipsticks. Feels luxe on - not too gloopy or sticky. Chantecaille makes what I like to call grown-up lip glosses. That said, if you are looking for a cheap dupe, try the Jordana (!) click pen gloss in Watermelon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

Excellent product. Moisturizing, never sticky, and the tube contains a lot of gloss, so I can deal with the price. Flirt is a gorgeous shade--it's a coral-y but natural looking. Makes your lips look healthy and full (and truly YLBB, as someone mentioned). It has become my favorite gloss, and I own more than I'd care to admit. I have fair skin with neutral to yellow undertones and it works well with my coloring, but I imagine it would look even better if I had a tan. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I caved in and tried the Chantecaille Briliant Gloss that everybody is raving about. (I rave too but do not like the steepy price!!)
Well, I have to say it is an excellent product.
I got this in Flirt as the positive reviews are so good and KarlaSugar praises it so much (I love her swatches and agree on her judgements: as she tests every cosmetic on this planet, she can compare so when she says something is good, it must be very good!) and third, I adore coral/peachy lip products, as they go well w/ my skintone and colours (I am blonde w/ very light eyes and NW15 skintone in winter).
This is a super lovely shade and product, it is creamy, NO sparkles nor shimmer, just a creamy glossy finish. It looks very orange in the tube BUT on the lips it becomes very natural, almost a nude lipcolor.
Something like a MLBB shade. Please DO NOT believe at the description you can find here and there "Bright Berry Rose" : flirt is NOT a berry shade nor a rose one! it is - as I said- a creamy peach Watermelony like... but goes so natural on your lips.
Very moisturizing, it's a pleasure to wear. Average staying power, kind of 2 hours (you'll love to re apply just to take out of your purse the lovely Chantecaille product!!)
Well, this gloss comes is this super sleek, elgant plexiglass tube.
Mind you, you seem to get a HUGE tube - all in all it is big -
of product but the 'walls' of he tube a really thick - look at the bottom and you'll see what I mean - and you get ONLY 3 ml of product! that's almost the half of what you get in other brands, so this gloss is VERY pricey (therefore one lippie less for that).
However, I adore it and i see myself buying more shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Aurelie

Love! Perfect spring/summer sheer pinky coral that instantly brightens. Like a glass of watermelon punch! Not day-glo, not so sheer that it's $28 down the drain. Not sticky and gloopy, this formula applies with a brush that doesn't splay (hello, Bobbi Brown) and lets you apply the gloss as thickly or thinly as you want. I don't know whether it's the price, the packaging, the shade or what, but to me the gloss is just luxe and special. Click continued for pic
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizing gloss, especially nice for cold weather. Like previous reviewer said, the Brilliant glosses are like tinted balm. Given their non-sticky texture, the lasting power is quite good. The brush doesn't splay, but since it pulls out a lot of product, it is good for depositing dots of gloss on lips. I just smack my lips together to spread the gloss.

Flirt is described as "deep berry rose". Worn on my pigmented brown-pink lips, there are no mauve or orange or peach tones. It adds just a wash of light, warm, reddish/berry color. Leaves a nice tint when it wears off. Very pretty. In fact, the color, while quite bright in the tube (looks like Nars Niagara lipstick) is quite sheer. Reminds me of Shiseido's Ruby Luster. It will look different on everyone.

Much better finish, staying power, and prettier than say, Clinique Superbalms, but more expensive too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 12:54:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sample of this product as a recent GWP. First of all, let me say that I LOVE Chantecaille's lip glosses in the pan (compact) or palette. I was completely looking forward to seeing what this newer formula is/was like. Its page at the Neiman's website touts "microspheres of vegetal polysaccarides plump and hydrate lips, creating soft, supple lips and an ultra shiny finish." Sounds great! But...I'm kind of disappointed. The lip brush idea is wonderful, but inevitably, a little too much gloss comes out (kind of goopy!), and if you try to brush off a little on the lip of the tube, you (okay, I) end up making a mess. More importantly, I don't like the feel of this gloss on my lips. It is going to sound very weird, but it's like the gloss feels like icky-warm goop on my lips (and no, it's not like I left it in the car during the afternoon....but that's what it feels like). The color isn't a good match for my skin tone (light Asian skin, dark features). Like another reviewer noted, this gloss looks like it might be a watermelon color in the tube. On my lips though, it's a little too orange. I will try to wear it with a lip pencil or a lipstick to see if it is better as a combo....for now, though, this gloss is not something I would buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Cland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First let me say that I almost always find warm, peachy lip colors to be unsuitable for my cool coloring and I often feel that they make my teeth look less than white. When I got this shade through a phone order with Barney's I didn't realize it would be so peachy, but after giving it a shot, I realized it was the PERFECT peach. What I like about it most is that it's not frosty, which most peaches are. Instead it is a gorgeous peach punch that feels light, not sticky, and moisturizing. Worn alone it is pretty sheer, but I found that when I used Lancome Framboise Lip Crayon underneath, I got a lasting glossy finish with great depth of color. Love this and can't wait to try more Chantecaille Brilliant glosses!