August 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Truly Matte Pore Minimizing Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using the Clarins Skincare range when I was a student and still haven't changed brands out of habit, even if I suspect they don't necessarily have any better results on my skin if I bothered trying other products.

I bought my first bottle of this pore minimising serum out of hope rather than belief that it would actually work. I use it every morning - these days as a moisturiser rather than in addition to one. It doesn't make me immune to bad pore days (i.e. those days when my pores look more visible than how I'd last remembered them to look), but it does keep my skin hydrated all day and night....which is not necessarily a steep challenge on my oily combination skin in a hot climate.

The price of this product is good value compared to other premium skincare ranges. The 30ml bottle is a good travelling size and usually gives me around 9months+ of daily usage. Will inevitably buy this again when I run out of my current new bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Nah.

I've used half the bottle and I can't say that I've seen any change or improvement.

Smells fine, texture is ok, goes on smooth and absorbs quickly, but I don't see any difference now from when I started it. I'll probably try to swap off what's left of it and look for something else.

It's a little expensive for what it doesn't do.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sad to say that this product didn't do anything for me, it didn't lessen my pore size, clean out my pores or work as oil control. I even experimented with doing a good scrub or using an excellent face mask before putting the serum on. It didn't make any noticeable difference. Plus the first couple of weeks it broke me out before my skin got used to it.

I've used it every day till the bottle was finished, so it's not like I slacked off. It'd have worked if it was for real. I'm just so miffed about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Sternchen991

I have only been using this product for a short while but I have to say that I am absolutely fascinated by how good it is! I am generally a fan of Clarins skincare products because they really do use high quality ingredients and never aggregated my skin before.
The shop assistant advised me to use it on all the areas where I usually get oily and where I have enlarged and clogged pores and to only use moisturizer where I need it.
I honestly did not expect it to work that well. It tightens up my pores and keeps my face matte all day long!
About the packaging:
It comes in a glass pumping bottle. It might be a bit heavy to travel with but it generally I am more than satisfied with the packaging. Especially because you wouldn't use as much of it as you would for moisturizer, I believe it is important for it to be protected from germs. The pump does that perfectly and also it lets you pump out smaller and larger amount so that you won't end up wasting product.
All in all I would repurchase it in a heartbeat!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by kookymeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The pores on my cheeks have always been a problem Iíve wrestled with since I was a teen, so like moth to light, I am drawn to any product that promises to reduce the appearance of large pores.

The reviews were a bit mixed on this product, some say it works, some say itís a waste of money. But I am moth to light - I took the £22.00 plunge.

The Good

The bottle exudes the premium-ness of the product. I love things that are of good quality and are obviously well-made, even if they are just packaging.

The Not-So-Good

I need not say it, but itís Clarins, so price may be an issue to some.

After a week of use, I havenít really seen any significant result, but I am hoping it gets better in time. I might do another review.

The Verdict

While my pores look visibly reduced, I couldnít really tell if itís because of my new makeup or this. But it is notable that I tried this underneath two types of foundations (liquid and powder) and my pores were still quite obvious when I used the powder one.

I use this product with both my day and night routine, but I need a bit more time to see if this really works. From what I have read, it doesn't only reduce the appearance of pores, but also helps the skin change. I donít know how legitimate this claim is, as I am led to believe that my pore problem is genetic.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

A few friends who have amazing skin care routines recommended this product to me and after reading the bad reviews I was sceptical.

While the product didn't actually totally minimise my pores, it helped them but also helped my skin and made it smooth and better with makeup on

I don't think I'd recommended though or buy again because there are better products for minimising pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by BeneDoyen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine introduced me to Clarins products by taking me to a Clarins Warehouse Sale in New York. I bought the usual makeup that I use such as lipsticks, mascara, eyeliner and the likes. A lot of people buying this pore minimizing serum caught my attention and I manage to snatch the last bottle. I am not disappointed with this product. It did what it claimed to do - minimize the large pores on my cheeks and my nose.
After cleaning my face, I put a squirt on my left hand and warm it with my hands. Then I apply it to my desired areas (i.e., large pores) without pressing. Then I go back to the areas and gently press down the applied serum with my fingers. I do this routine twice a day - prior to putting my make up in the morning and before I go to sleep in the evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraW21

Love this serum!!. I used to use the pore serum by Clinique which was not good at all. I love how this serum keeps my pores at bay & doesn't make my skin greasy like how the Clinique Pore Serum did. Plus the one by Clarins smells much better and doesn't spill all over the place.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by dollyrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me. My pores are still quite obvious. And my oily skin still looks shiny rather than matte after applying it. The packaging is quite nice and maybe that is why the product is not cheap. Actually everything from Clarins is not cheap. Pros are, product is light and did not make me break out but I saw no benefit from using it. Will not buy again. I will however suggest the Clarins UV PLUS HP spf 40 dayscreen. That for me, is a double benefit bc it gives u sun protection and it leaves your face matte and shine free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Several months of use of this product resulted in no reduction of pore size. This product did not have any mattifying effect. Occasionally I would experience a slight burning sensation and irritation (redness) upon initial application of this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No