New York Color Eye Liner Pencil

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have it in brown. Doesn't show up at all in water line, but is ok at bottom lash line. Actually hurts quite a lot to put on, it's a little firmer than I prefer. I usually like using creamier pencils. This is sturdy though, and has lasted awhile. Great for a base on upper lash line under a liquid liner.

Note: mine says kohl on it, but I'm not sure if all are kohl.

on 11/13/2014 6:12:00 PM

Bought this pencil in black for about $.99. I will tell you that it is not great for the water line, and doesn't show up very well on the water line, however I use it to line my lower lash line and it works really well. It's firmer than other pencils so it applies a nice thin line. A lot of other pencils I've used end up sniffing and getting all over my under eye area. I also like that it stays put throughout the day, I always end up looking like a raccoon with my other pencils, but not this one. I'm not a huge fan of how long it is for application purposes, but hey you get a tone of product for the price.

on 7/3/2014 3:55:00 AM

I use this as an eyeliner and love it.

It lasts longer than most eyeliners do on my waterline and is so smooth gliding and I like how the colors are softer looking rather than harsh. My only gripe is having to sharpen it all of the time.

Great value though, I always go back to these.

on 8/26/2013 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I once bought this for 93 cents in Jet Black. Considering that this is a brow/eyeliner pencil, I MIGHT reconsider and buy it again to see if it would be good for my brows, but I'd purchase a dark brown that time.

However, I'm reviewing this as an eyeliner, and as far as eyeliners go, this has got to be the WORST. It's very waxy, and you have to tug on your eyelids to get any pigment, and even then, you barely get any. It's not even worth the 93 cents I paid for this.

on 6/12/2013 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an absolute staple for filling in my sparse brows. I have been using this pencil for about 10 years now, always followed by Cover Girl clear mascara to set the color and keep my brow hairs in place. I would not use this as an eyeliner, as it does not glide on easily on the eyelids at all and actually is a little painful when doing so. For a brow filler though, you can't go wrong, especially since for a 2-pack of these it's only $2! A 2-pack lasts me the majority - if not the entire - year.

The only negative thing about the pencil is that the clear cap constantly comes off in my makeup bag, creating black marks all over the lining of the bag. Since the cap is clear it can be difficult to find at times when it comes loose. I took one lippie away from "packaging" because of this. Other than that, this pencil works great for what I need it for.

on 1/29/2013 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product for my brows. I have golden blonde hair, and the dark brown pencil looks fantastic on me. It lasts all day, and I also use it to smudge into my lower lash-line for the effect of thicker lashes. Good if you're going for a natural look, wouldn't recommend for upper lash line.

on 1/29/2013 9:12:00 PM

I absolutely love this pencil for my BROWS. I use the color "Sable" for my brows since I feel like black is too intense. I just use light short strokes to recreate "eyebrows" I then use a spoolie to comb it and blend it in.
LOVE IT FOR MY BROWS.
My eyes? Not so much.

on 1/22/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked up this pencil not for my actual eye but for my filling my brows and smudging under the eye and for $.79 it does it's trick every time. However, i would stay away from using this on your eyelids it is kind of a rough eye pencil, more so dark and powdery then translucent and creamy.

This is my HG eyeliner. I don't waste my time purchasing anything but this and E.L.F. eye brightening liner. I use this in dark brown. My eyebrows are fairly in the thick side, and i really like using this to fill them in a bit before i brush them and apply my brow gel. the staying power is amazing for the price, though I only use it on the top lash because any liner seems to smudge and age me when used on bottom lash... Only downside IMO is that the caps fall off very easily, so keep them in a safe place at the top of your makeup bag/case...
will forever repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

These are very nice for the price you pay for them! It comes with TONS of product and the color payoff is decent. Only problem is they did irritate my eyes a bit and I wouldn't recommend them for the waterline.