April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Eye Liner Pencil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I once bought this for 93 cents in Jet Black. Considering that this is a brow/eyeliner pencil, I MIGHT reconsider and buy it again to see if it would be good for my brows, but I'd purchase a dark brown that time.

However, I'm reviewing this as an eyeliner, and as far as eyeliners go, this has got to be the WORST. It's very waxy, and you have to tug on your eyelids to get any pigment, and even then, you barely get any. It's not even worth the 93 cents I paid for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an absolute staple for filling in my sparse brows. I have been using this pencil for about 10 years now, always followed by Cover Girl clear mascara to set the color and keep my brow hairs in place. I would not use this as an eyeliner, as it does not glide on easily on the eyelids at all and actually is a little painful when doing so. For a brow filler though, you can't go wrong, especially since for a 2-pack of these it's only $2! A 2-pack lasts me the majority - if not the entire - year.

The only negative thing about the pencil is that the clear cap constantly comes off in my makeup bag, creating black marks all over the lining of the bag. Since the cap is clear it can be difficult to find at times when it comes loose. I took one lippie away from "packaging" because of this. Other than that, this pencil works great for what I need it for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product for my brows. I have golden blonde hair, and the dark brown pencil looks fantastic on me. It lasts all day, and I also use it to smudge into my lower lash-line for the effect of thicker lashes. Good if you're going for a natural look, wouldn't recommend for upper lash line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by emilyywongg

I absolutely love this pencil for my BROWS. I use the color "Sable" for my brows since I feel like black is too intense. I just use light short strokes to recreate "eyebrows" I then use a spoolie to comb it and blend it in.
LOVE IT FOR MY BROWS.
My eyes? Not so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ziggymari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up this pencil not for my actual eye but for my filling my brows and smudging under the eye and for $.79 it does it's trick every time. However, i would stay away from using this on your eyelids it is kind of a rough eye pencil, more so dark and powdery then translucent and creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This is my HG eyeliner. I don't waste my time purchasing anything but this and E.L.F. eye brightening liner. I use this in dark brown. My eyebrows are fairly in the thick side, and i really like using this to fill them in a bit before i brush them and apply my brow gel. the staying power is amazing for the price, though I only use it on the top lash because any liner seems to smudge and age me when used on bottom lash... Only downside IMO is that the caps fall off very easily, so keep them in a safe place at the top of your makeup bag/case...
will forever repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are very nice for the price you pay for them! It comes with TONS of product and the color payoff is decent. Only problem is they did irritate my eyes a bit and I wouldn't recommend them for the waterline.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by LolitaLolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

=_= Ugh, the pencil is so hard! I feel like I'm getting serious wrinkles when trying to put it on!

Very hard to sharpen!

Is cheap... but I do not recommend it...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, I'll give my review of the eyeliner part since this can also be used as a brow pencil. This is terrible for an eyeliner. It stays roughly a half hour on my waterline & I have to tug for any color payoff for my lashlines. It's way too waxy for me. I purchased the colors Taupe & Stable: Taupe for my brows & Stable as an eyeliner. Now onto the brow part. This is fantastic! The Taupe isn't taupe. It's auburn with taupe undertones, ideal for redheads like myself but not ideal for blondes wanting a true taupe for their brows. I just put a bit of pressure with fast, short strokes & blend it with a concealer brush. Defined brows instantly! The price is obviously great. $1! Packaging is good, lot of product but could come with a sharpener since one
is needed. (I just bought an NYC brand sharpener for a dollar) Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ariellebrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use a brown NYC liner for my eyebrows. I have no eyebrows, I draw them on everyday, this does not smudge or wear off at all. I would never risk choosing something else for my eyebrows.