July 29, 2014 | 1995 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

To be quite frank I'm still not sure which one of the Majorca Majolica mascara I bought, because the packaging is all in Japanese and the only English anything is the title that is printed on a curly-type font that is just too much for my old tired eyes, but anyway...
The brush takes time getting used to. I think mine is the one that packs both the defining and volumizing side in one brush (each side). The first few times I tried it, it was too clumpy (apparently doing it wrong). After I got it right, it is actually one of the best mascaras I've had. The volumizing is not too volumizing, which I actually kind of like. It's just a very natural, slightly thickened individual lashes. The defining does a great job separating each lash. I don't know about holding curls and all, because my lashes already curl up naturally (I'm the type of Asian with the long curly lashes). I know that it is very difficult to remove, but since it looks very natural, sometimes I hardly notice. Overall: one of the best mascaras I've tried, wait a couple of weeks and it would probably be an HG, use very good remover because otherwise it won't budge, packaging is typical Japanese-style cute overload, but with very good quality. Would most probably buy this again. Actually, I think I will for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

lucky i got this for $12..usualy it cost about $15-20

i like how dark it looks on my lashes...they hold curls like no body bussiness..and it gives my lash good length and volume..but not too dramatic..

i like this mascara for not so dramatic lashes look..and they never smudge on me,till last month..i've been using it for 2 months,and after 1 month they start smudging just a lil bit..

the wand quite strange..i never use the spare comb because they just give me clump..i just use the tighter comb and they works well in seperating and aplying the mascara..this mascara gives my lower lashes a very nice effect

i still loving it..but i still searching for other mascara that not so expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm torn about this product. It's SUCH a good mascara...it truly volumizes, holds a curl SO WELL (the BEST I have encountered for holding a curl...and I mean HOLDING..and I have tried a lot of things from Dior to Almay) and when applied with care, can make you look like you're wearing false lashes. It's a nice deep black mascara, no sparkles or gray or brown undertones.

HOWEVER,
because it's SUCH a good mascara, it's a pain in the arse to get off. Many Japanese mascaras are notorious for their staying power...this is not an exception. It's very very very difficult to get off with American makeup remover. However, I have heard that Japanese makeup remover can take it off more easily.

The brush is a bit strange, it's flat with wide teeth on one side and narrow on the other. I typically start with the narrow and then coat over with the wide. It's quite good at getting the root lashes and coating each lash.

To achieve maximum results, I put a card under when I'm applying to prevent mascara from getting onto my eyelids and lift my lashes even more, and I take any random mascara spooly to comb my eyelashes out, and it looks like I'm wearing fake lashes.

I have asian eyelashes. They don't point downward, but they are extremely straight, and decent in length and volume. Not anything special, but this mascara is a great volumizing and slight lengthening. I would suggest pairing it with Lash Expander if you want long & voluminous. (I have both, but I'm not sure which one I like better yet haha)

The price was decent. I got it for about 13 or something like that dollars...maybe a tad bit more, because my friend went to Japan and I told her to pick it up for me. It's obviously cheaper in the homeland, but I believe online it retails for around 20-25.

The packaging is super unique and classy. I have seen no other packaging like this...it's very cute, and doesn't even really feel like a mascara tube.

I wouldn't say this is a day-to-day mascara just because it takes time for it to be applied NICELY and is quite dramatic and a pain to get off, (but I love this mascara so much that I don't mind that), but it is greeeeat for weekends, parties, special events...I mean heck, I wear it to school sometimes haha. It's beautiful.

For me, it's HG "special event' mascara status. I'm still looking for the perfect everyday mascara that is easy to wash off, cause I get lazy on school days.

And for those of you who don't know, Majolica Majorca is a branch of Shiseido mascaras, and they come out with a new mascara pretty much every year....they usually bud off of each other, and some are different from others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by misskho

what ive notice with all the MM mascaras is that they deliver what they promise, i own all 3 MJ mascara and after using them my short, fine eyelashes look like what MM advertise on their info leaftlets

gorgeous wing, give a feathery appearance but i find the brush did not grab and coat my lashes as mush as i hoped. this is my least fav out of all three. got some smudging at the end of the day

Lash Enamel, this one is awesome! at first i thought my eyelashes were clumping but you have to give it some patience and u will get beautiful dark glossy dense lashes, this give volume and length. fave out of the three. this has got great staying power, this is the only one i will repurchase

Lash expander, this one gives what it promises length, but no volume. because of the comb this will give some lift to ur lashes. this has got great staying power

with all MM mascara they are waterproof, so they are a pain to remove. i tired all these mascara without a base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this randomly one day because I'd been seeing it everywhere so I decided to try it. I live in Hong Kong where this is available pretty much everywhere, even in drugstores. I bought it for HK$98 which is roughly US$12 so the price wasn't too bad.

The packaging is really pretty and princess-y. Black and gold is one of my fav. combos so that gets a +1 from me. The wand is really good as well. It is a comb wand which really minimizes the likelihood of clumping, regardless of how many layers you apply. I was really pleased with the packaging as a whole so that gets a 5.

However, the main thing you judge a mascara for is the way it works and unfortunately, this didn't really do it for me. This is supposed to be a volumising mascara and after 2 coats, my lashes did look pretty good. Nicely curled and voluminous. They looked nice and glossy as well. After a while though, they just kind of fell and drooped down a bit. Disappointing. The worst is yet to come though - REMOVAL. Arghh it is an absolute PAIN to remove this mascara. One coat is bad enough... I had done two coats. Eughh. I used MUFE's Sens'eye remover (which is AMAZING at removing everything in one swipe) but that didn't work at all so I used Lancome's Bi-facils hoping an oil-based remover would work better. Too bad that didn't work that well either. I had to soak my cotton pad twice and even after 3-4 swipes it just came off bit by bit. Took way too much effort.

In short, the result of this mascara just doesn't justify the hassle of removing this (I can imagine it resulting in lashes falling off if used every day).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by flofloflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara made a good first impression on me as it did wonders to my lash length and coated my lashes well. The double sided comb applicator is also great for application - the side with the larger teeth coats your lashes and the side the smaller teeth gets rid of clumps.

The mascara stayed on well all day and did not smudge at all.

However, this mascara is a PAIN to remove! Even my oil-based make-up remover, which usually cleans up well, didn't do much to remove the mascara. I won't be purchasing this mascara again as I feel there are better ones out on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a bad fan of mascara only because I'm lazy to take it off at night. This is one of the only mascara I own for 2 years. I find that it still works fine, it hasn't dried out yet. I bought it because I thought it was pretty. Surprisingly, I don't see anything wrong with this. When I do use it, it makes my lashes longer and more noticeable, which is the natural look that I go for. My favorite part is the applicator/wand, it gives me control, especially because I have shaky hands and always make a mess. Definitely buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if this is the same as the Neo, but I just came back from a holiday in Japan and bought this called Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On.
Anyway, I bought it because a friend of mine wanted me to get her stacks of Lash Expander (another one from Majolica) and I have never tried their mascaras before, so I got one of each, including this and another new one (called Lash Bone - have yet to try it).

Anyway, I didnt think much when i put it on in the morning, now, I have short sparse and pitiful eyelashes, and they point straight down. I can find a lot of good mascaras that lenghtens and thickens (dior show and hypnose black carat) but, none holds curls for me. By the time i get home from a workday (normally about 10 hours of wear) they are all pointing straightdown again...

Anyway, i tried this majorlica first time yesterday. yes it lenghthens and thickens, but nothing super spectacular. And because my lashes just freshly curled, it curled of course when the mascara is on. Happy, they look nice, like mascaras should do.

Now, throughout the day when i check my lashes out in the mirror when i am in the ladies room, i was quite suprised to find they are just as curled up as i applied them in the morning. and, no smudges! not a hint!

so i was thinking it might just be temporary. Now I have school nights, and last night was one. I didnt get home until 11pm. when i got home, i went to the bathroom to take my makeup off, guess what, everything was quite melted, except my mascara! my lashes, are just as curled as it was in the morning, still no smudges, like i just applied them. I was so impressed!

I worn it again this morning, now its 11 hours on, still, exactly the same. my liner smudged a bit, but not the mascara! still curled and perfect!

(see my other photos in my profile for before and after photos)

ETA: I see a lot of reviews saying this is hard to remove, i dont find it a problem, a little more stubborn than my other mascaras but not difficult to remove at all. I use Loreal's gentle eye make up remover (the one that you have to shake to mix the blue part with the bottom) put some on cotton pad, let it sit for a few seconds, off the mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by xPaperdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear this as my "main" mascara, I wear this if I am wearing false eyelashes. It is very watery and thin, the substance is a lot like Maybelline's great lasth mascara. The color is jet black, much like Great Lash. I personally love the comb...it is very thin. But be aware: it is plastic, with no bristles. Because of this, it cannot and does not build any volume. It makes your real lashes blend in perfectly with false lashes, and makes the false lashes a perfect, shiny black.

Unlike what someone else said, I find this mascara to be extremely shiny and jet black- not matte at all.

I sometimes wear this on my own eyelashes, but not before building up the volume with Maybelline's Volum' Express mascara. I love this for the color more than anything, and that plastic comb is also great at separating the lashes an giving an extra bite of curl/color as it does so if you apply it as a second mascara. I don't apply this to my lower lashes as it makes them spidery.

The wear is very good, but there is no issue removing it, if you use a proper eye make up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by nomihappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I've tried! I like it more than Lancome, Benefit's BadGal, Maybelline, MaxFactor...

The comb, I think, is great. It helps with precise application and doesn't bump into other places like fat brushes do.

The formula is quite smudge, water, and oil-proof.

Gives AWESOME volume, and seems to give me a natural eyeliner when I only put on the mascara!

I love love love this product, my best mascara by far.