November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Styling Products - Aquage - Sea Salt Texturizing Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kikibug725

My mother in law bought this and didn't like so she passed it on. I'm so glad! I don't like to purchase expensive products without testing them out. I have naturally curly hair but it can look limp. I spritz this on towel dried hair then scrunch. Then I add some Garnier curl creme and I'm done. I'll let air dry if I'm not in a hurry or I'll diffuse with dryer. Either way I love it. I'm pretty sensitive with scents so I don't love the strong scent. However, it goes away fairly quick. I know people who aren't scent sensitive love the smell. Sometimes I use this without the curl creme for a lighter feel. Another tip is to use a curling wand to spruce up those blah areas. Even though my hair is curly, it's never perfect. There are pieces that are more wavy than curled. I use a Goody curling wand that has grooves. I curl a few pieces then flip my head over and mess it up some. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't understand why people come on here and make negative reviews over a product when they don't usually use something similar. If theyve never used sea salt sprays, and don't necessarily want the results of them, why come here and complain? Don't buy them. This is probably the best texturizing spray I've used. Separates my hair without making it feel gunky and dry, and it really defines my natural waves. This does not dull my hair and just makes it sit in the perfect way that looks great but not like I tried. You can use a lot to make your hair messy or just a little to give it bounce and definition. If you LIKE texturizing sprays or products, then I definitely recommend this stuff. Smells awesome too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by elizabethreme

Great beach spray. Infused with natural seaweed and algae extracts to provide a touchable hold. If you overuse this product it will get crunch (as with most salt sprays) so don't use too much! Remember, anytime we're working with salt in hair products you run the risk of drying out the hair so I follow up with a very moisturizing conditioner. After evenly applying the spray and scrunching to activate my waves, I scrunch once more with a teeny bit of Aquage Uplifting Foam and lighltly wrap strands of hair around my fingers to define waves. I then let it air dry. The results are voluminous, fully, beachy, sexy waves.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff works great when my hair is damp not as much dry, it gets a little stiff but easily brushes out. i'll put this is if i'm air drying my bottom laters so they have a nice wave but sometimes if i'm blowdrying the ends smooth i'll put it in for more piecey texture. i bought this in the travel size at cosmoprof and then repurchased in the full size when i ran out i love the texture it gives and also amazing body when sprayed in with enjoy's texture spray.

also there are no harmful ingredients in this product though it contains QUATERNIUM-79, that is a hydrolyzed wheat protein and is not harmful, though you can be allergic to that ingredient (if you're allergic to wheat) it shouldn't be concerning unless you're allergic to that specific ingredient and need to avoid it. more info at environmental working groups website

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by blondelass

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product made my scalp itch like h*ll and then I learned it was the ingredient quarternium-79 it contains that was causing the contact dermatitis. Quarternium-79 is both an allergen and acts as a formaldehyde releaser, yikes!!! Even though I bought a large bottle for about $35, I tossed it after a few uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by srobinb

I love this stuff so much. I have fine, thin, limp hair and I'm always trying to find products that will give my hair a little texture and "grab" without looking and feeling crunchy. This is it! My stylist used this on me once and I commented on the smell, which is great. After she dried my hair I was sold. I have shoulder-length hair with bangs and long layers. I spritz about 6-7 pumps on my wet hair and then use my root booster (John Frieda Luxurious Volume) and then dry and style as usual (I wear my hair straight, not "beachy"). I find it works best on mostly wet hair - I usually keep it in the towel for 10 or so minutes before I spray it on - and then use the dryer almost immediately. I paid $17 for it at my salon, and I've already repurchased once...so I definitely say I'd continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by sssc

I was hoping this product would give my wavy hair more texture and body, but it didn't. Instead, this made my hair feel dry and kinda dirty. I gave it one lippie for the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by nat28

it makes my hair look very dirty..like I havent washed it for days..and it gets it so tangled and dry(making it impossible to comb in the shower)... I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by pzap777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Gives great body to the hair and makes your hair do what you want it to. Make sure you spray it in AFTER you have brushed out your wet tangles because somehow it makes your tangles more impossible to brush out. But its not a detangle so thats ok. Great body building product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by conniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse, straight hair and I always end up using a curling iron for loose waves. I started working at a hair salon selling hair products and my coworkers told me something about a sea salt spray. I was immediately curious and decided to find one online to try. I opted for this Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray.
It's best used on wet hair. Comb your hair after you shower and spray it into your hair. Tousle your hair and soft waves will form. I then use a diffuser or low air flow+high heat setting on my hair dryer to then dry my hair. Hairspray at the end. The textures stay in my hair for a long time. I sometimes have to curl some parts with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron for more of a curly effect, but the sea salt spray speeds up the process.
I would buy this product again! It's surprising that it works on straight + thick hair. And the smell is wonderful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No