October 22, 2014 | 1794 users online

Makeup Brushes - Alima - Blush Brush 17

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Chessicle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got the Alima Flat Top foundation brush and have used it the past two days. It's advertised as a "full coverage" brush and it is! It makes a huge difference and the first time I used it I couldn't believe how good I looked. I went downstairs and my husband kind of stopped and stared at me and said, "uh... you look really good."

So now if I want to look really natural I can use the other brush but if I want that "flawless - out on the town" look I cn use my new secret weapon.

I hope this is helpful. I don't know what else to say about it:) The brush is also very soft and high quality. It's cruelty-free and I think it feels great in your hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Motherbear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this blush brush for some time now and have been disappointed since it first came in the mail. The handle is about the thickness of my pinky finger (no kidding) and there's not much to the brush bristles itself. The picture makes it look full and fluffy but its just flat and fanned out, poor quality, cheaply made compared to their other brushes. I own their foundation brush, buffer brush, eyeshadow brush, and the eyeliner brush and this is by far the worst. Very disappointing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went through an Alima period and bought a lot of their products, which none seem to have worked out except for their foundation brush. I've not used mnay blush brushes but this by far is the worse one. Very disappointed by the quality of it. I prefer blush brushes to be either big and fluffy or countour/domed and fluffy but this Alima brush is floppy and limp, its very streaky on my face and just doesnt blend my blush into my contouring shade.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a free gift with order of two full size blushes, I wanted a fluffier blush/brush than the EM angled blush brush and also more so than my BE Soft Focus face brush. I also have BE's angled blush brush and it's a little small for my taste. The EM and Soft Focus are nice but a little too densely bristled for deeper-pigmented brushes. I am still using my 'old stand by' Sonia Kashuk blush brush, but wanted to see if I could find an e-tailer replacement. This is a smaller brush than I thought, it's maybe 5" but the brush head itself is fuller and fanned out which gives it better perfomance at more evenly distributing the mineral blush powder, than something like EM Angled Blush Brush or BE Soft Focus. Those are densely bristled and the bristles are compacted over a small area, so while they may be great at concentrating color on the apples of your cheeks, they are not great for those of us who like pigmented blush and like to draw the angled vertical line up and away from the cheekbones and blend it out. This brush from Alima does that very nicely, and manages to do it without having a bulky or super long handle. I used it today for the first time and really, really liked it.
Great brush from Alima! Not the highest quality handle in the world, but the brush itself is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by csforester

This and my Alima #25 are my favorite brushes. I use this daily for my blush and I love it. I have tried BE, Jane Iredale, EM and a few lower end ones and this is by far the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

This is from Alima's new line of synthetic brushes that I cannot rave enough about. I bought them all when they first came out and I have to say I love every single one.

This brush retails for $20. The handle is much shorter than the Alima eye brushes, it is similar in length to the new Foundation Brush #25. The bristles are long and tapered at each end, and very flexible. It is very very soft like the rest of Alima's brushes. I like the brush for blushes that are lightly pigmented, but it adds too much color if the blush if very pigmented. I use this brush for blushes like Revlon Naturally Nude or Stila blushes, but for more pigmented colors like PD Ballet, I prefer the Alima Kitten brush (see my review on that too). A good brush but not a must-have.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not impressed. An odd shape for blush brush (too sharply domed) and floppy bristles. I'm a fanatic lover of Alima's foundation & buffer brushes, which I use every day - but the blush brush is a failure. I use my EOB angled blush brush instead and much prefer it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great synthetic blush brush, especially for $12. It is somewhat flat (as opposed to round), but the bristles are extra long, not too densely packed and super soft (it feels even softer than the #25, if that's possible!), so it can be used just like a fluffy blush brush. I like this alot, much more than the #21 for Alima's Satin Matte blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is ultra soft, fluffy and comfortable to use. It's definitely a wonderful brush. And at $12, could you really complain. If you prefer smaller, less full brushes, this isn't for you. But if you like larger blusher brushes, try this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE THIS BRUSH JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHERS!!! This applies exactly how and where my blush should be. It is soft, and precise, the right length and density of bristles. Alima truly does amazing thing with brushes! I ordered this directly from them (it is not available on the site, but when I saw reviews for it from the Mother's Day Kit I wrote them and told them I had to have it! For only $14.00 it is the best blush brush I own (and I have several). These brushes ROCK!