October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Sunscreen - Hawaiian Tropic - T2 Max Indoor Tanning Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Weksd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have spent a lot of money on the more expensive indoor tanning lotions, sometimes I still do... That being said, this indoor tanning lotion, which I've purchased several times from CVS drug store, works very well! It has no bronzer in it, which makes it a good choice to use after a spray tan...
You're not supposed to use bronzers for 3 days after the spray tan than I got at a salon. The smell is subtle, there does seem to be an after tan odor with many different lotions I have tried over the years. I always seem to come back to this lotion, it simply works. I have read reviews that stated it doesn't have enough moisturizer in it, well... I have some really nice moisturizer, and I added a bit of it to my full bottle of TMAX. I think that can only be a plus... Another idea I have tried, a lot of tanning lotions do not have an extraordinarily wonderful scent... I purchased a small bottle of essential oil (lemon) some time back, and decided to add a few drops to my lotion. So awesome!!!! So with a couple little tweaks... I am super happy with it, and have been using it for a long time. One other thing... The tanning salon I use has also cracked down on clients using lotions other than what they sell. They do claim that outside lotions can be harmful to you, their beds..yada yada... It's obvious that the biggest reason for this is that it cuts into their profit.. I have never been asked to show anyone the lotion that I intend to use before I could get into a tanning bed... But I am always prepared, I simple pour my TMAX into a used, empty bottle of a high priced Devoted Creations bottle that I did purchase from the salon... Nobody has ever commented that this lotion was hard to get off the bed, etc., however after I dry off, I do always wipe the bed off myself before I leave the room. I like this lotion and it's affordable!!! I pay $13.29 for my T2MAX lotion at CVS/Pharmacy. It is packaged in a black 8oz bottle with a red cap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well apparently the redesign of the bottle came with a redesign of the formula because back in 2008 when i really started tanning regularly in a bed, no one ever told any of the numerous girls i knew that they couldn't use this. This was my first indoor tanning lotion. However, I first used it for outdoor tanning. My God! What amazing color I got from just one day of laying out and playing at the pool! This stuff made me SO dark that summer! I try to avoid using lotions with bronzers because they give me a golden, at times fake-tannish look, especially when tanning outdoors. This lotion has no bronzers, and gave me a natural, dark, legitimate brown tan. Fast forward to my first indoor tanning experience. I remembered what a gem this was and purchased it to share with my sister, as we both started the same day. However, she found using lotion was a waste of time and effort, even though I warned her. After a week, I was clearly darker than she was, and she tans alot better than I do normally. She then started using this and had nothing but high praise for it. When I became a "regular tanner", I started off with this stuff because it's extremely affordable. But when I started doing research on high-end tanning lotions and tingle lotions and bronzing lotions, etc., I became intrigued and began ordering expensive lotions for cheap on like amazon and other lotion discount sites (which turned out to be totally legit and safe). Since then, I've stuck with just using this T2max as an outdoor lotion (mixed with sunscreen now). It's a great lotion for beginners. And as for this being "banned" from salons, I have no experience with that.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I ran out of my designer tanning lotion and refused to shell out $6+ for a one-time-use packet of lotion while my usual lotion is on its way from Amazon. So I was browsing through Walgreens and found this little bottle. For $12, it's not a bad buy but if you're an avid tanner, avoid this lotion if you can!

When I first came into my tanning salon a new gal was working the counter and asked me what lotion I use. I pulled it out and explained that my usual lotion is on its way but the girl said that the lotion cracks the acrylic in the beds. I was using a stand up so she let me slide but she warned me saying it also wreaks havoc on your skin. Boy was she right. The smell isn't too bad but could be better, the lotion takes some time to rub in, but the after tanning smell is HORRIBLE. But hey, that's what you get for buying a cheap lotion! My skin was really dry after and I was itchy. You definitely need to use a moisturizing lotion after you tan with this stuff. One good thing about it is that I used it three times in a high intensity stand up and I barely got red, only a little redness and it subsided to a nice color! No bronzers in this formula, but I do think it helped to amplify the tanning process. Overall I'll put this stuff away for situations like this where I run out of my usual lotion but reglar tanners beware, only use this stuff in case of emergency!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sailorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product after my Fiesta Sun "Peach Paradise" lotion ran out - which by the way, is extremely amazing.

MY SKIN
I naturally have porcelain pale skin that tans easily and does not burn. My skin currently light-medium and I'm up to 10min in Stand-up beds & 16 min in Lay-down.

WHERE TO BUY / PRICE [ 5 / 5 ]
Easy to find. Purchased locally at Shoppers Drug Mart for $9.89CAD.

DESCRIPTION
It comes in an 8fl oz/236mL black bottle with a red cap. I noticed right away that it didn't come with a safety seal, so I called the company and they confirmed this is how they package their products. The lotion itself is a pale yellow. It does not contain any bronzers.

SMELL [ 3 / 5 ]
Smells nice, but is in no comparison to my previous products. At first it smells like melons, but after you leave the beds, the smell is strong and borderline unpleasant.

CONSISTENCY [ 4 / 5 ]
It's hypoallergenic, non greasy, and it spreads nicely without having to pile lots on.

DARKNESS FACTOR [ 2.5 / 5 ]
There still was no drastic increase in darkness after using a few times. I was slightly darker, but the change was not very visible.

MOISTURE EFFECT [ 0 / 5 ]
I strongly suggest purchasing a strong moisturizer along with this product. By the next day my skin had EXTREMELY tightened/dried out. Even subtle movements would cause a "ripping" sensation. I had to lather up in moisturizing lotion 3 times each skip day.

OVERALL RATING [ 3 / 5 ]
Although displeased with the darkening/moisturizing factors, this product gets the job done and is very affordable. I purchased 4 bottles, and will continue to use as back up when my salon brands run out.

~ SIDE NOTE ~
I highly recommend anything from Fiesta Sun. Their products increase your tan, smell fantastic, and extremely moisturize your skin. I purchased mine in a salon for $27CAD. You get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The bubble- headed bleach blonde at the counter tried to push expensive tanning lotions worth 25 and up on me at the salon when I started. I figured I'd check Shopper's first, and see if I could find something a bit cheaper, rather than pay for the salon's mark up on everything. I found this stuff, and it was on sale for 2.99 Canadian. What a deal, right?
Now, I have managed to get as good a tan as quickly as the much more expensive stuff I've used in the past, however, The product is not a great moisturizer on my very dry skin, so bring a good body lotion to help after your tan. It didn't dry my skin out, but it doesn't add much either. The smell isn't amazing, but not awful: fresh and green smelling.
I will buy again only because I can't justify spending so much more on a sweeter smelling, more moisturizing product when t2max gives me the same nice results!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by monique3445

This "tanning lotion" is horrible. I usually tan really well but with this product I not only did not tan (used it on 4 tanning sessions), my skin dried out. I don't like the texture of the lotion, and its not allowed in tanning salons anyways. I was in a financial crunch and couldn't afford my usual Obsidian, so I tried this out. As usual, you get what you pay for. Keep your $10 and put it towards something not so cheap and worthless. Ugh....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by livetodance

I lost my expensive tanning lotion and was sick of paying such a ridiculous price for something that wasn't doing much. I saw online that you could pruchase tanning lotion at Walmart for like $9. I picked this one up as it was the only indoor tanning lotion I could find. It cost me $8 Canadian. After using it a few times I have noticed that I have been tanning a lot quicker and I am not as dried out as with my other lotion. This is an amzing deal and it works better than my $50 lotion. My only complaint is that it does take sometime to rub it in. But still worth it. I heard that some tanning salons are banning this lotion by saying that it ruins their beds. More like it ruins their business, since they make most of their profit on overpriced lotions! Just make sure it is hiden in your bag when you get to the salon!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Leederz

I was using a different brand that was just about the same price as this item and Im so glad I lost that bottle b/c the quality of this is so much better. I instantly noticed when I stepped out of the booth that I had gotten a much more intense tan than I usually achieve. Great for tanners like me who only go occasionally and want a nice product without spending too much money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Ailine

I think this stuff is perfectly adequate, and is at least as effective as the lower-level Australian Gold products I've used (Thrust, Naturally Dark, etc).

What I did want to warn people about, though, is that my salon, and other salons too apparently, HATE this stuff. Like to the point that they won't let you tan with it. Apparently there is something in it that makes it really difficult to clean off of the acrylics. I saw a girl get a tongue-lashing for apparently using it after being told not to.

I ended up using my bottle when I tan outside, and it did a good job.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by SARAHx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really really like this. it gave me a really nice color, and was just as good, if not better than the $50 lotions from the salon. i love the smell. and of course the price! $7.99 at target! :)