Victoria's Secret Ultra Softening Body Butter

4.5

on 4/20/2015 2:36:00 AM

This does a decent job moisturizing and has a nice consistency but I don't like the smell and it's pure chemicals.

on 4/20/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love everything about these body butters. It doesn't feel heavy/oily, its so moisterising and feels like it has a whipped consistency. The fragence lingers on your skin which I also LOVE!

on 5/6/2013 4:44:00 PM

I bought this in the Warm&Cozy scent. This scent is awesome,one of my faves for a lotion. The lotion is nice & moisturizing,does have a little sparkle,but not much. Will buy more products in this scent.

on 12/30/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just finished this in the scent 'Delicate Petals' from the Secret Garden collection. I haven't seen this scent anymore so it might be discontinued. If that's the case, it's unfortunate.

I always hated body butters, because they never seemed to sink into my skin, but rather glaze over the top and leave an oily sheen (Body Shop, and some cheap ones), leaving you too greasy to get dressed. Also, applying them was a nightmare - the product would be too hard to scoop up, and then softening in your hands..it was like trying to soften hard plastic.

This is so different from those! First off, its very soft and creamy - not oily/greasy. It absorbs into your skin and leaves it moisturized and lovely smelling, and the moisture lasts for a long time too. It spreads evenly, is not plastic-like at all, and you can get dressed right away. One big point with this, which is probably in relation to the fact that it isnt oily, is that it is suitable for using after shaving your legs. I am usually not able to use body butters right after shaving because I would end up getting ingrown hairs, and I'd also get a breakout from time to time on my arm or chest, but that has never happened with this body butter.

This product made me like body butters, and I have since purchased a few from the Body Shop, but after using this up yesterday, I have been reminded of how good this is and will probably pick up some more if I can find a scent I like.

Highly recommended!

This review is for Secret Charm.
I usually hate Victoria's secret lotion/perfumes because they just smell so cheap to me. But I saw a girl review this body butter from VS and I got it since I had no more body lotions/butters.
This thing smells amazing. The texture is like whipped mouse. It goes amazingly well on your skin after you shower.
This was a tad bit not moisturizing enough for my crazy dry legs, though.

on 12/30/2010 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite body moisturizer of all time. It melts into your skin and isnt hard to rub in which i really hate in some lotions. My fave scents are amber romance, endless love, and secret crush. the main ingredients are shea butter and olive fruit extract. its makes my skin feel SO soft!

on 5/3/2010 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Overall Review: The VS body butters smell so much...different than the rest of the Garden Collection. Its a huge improvement to be honest. I find the sprays to smell like straight up alcohol. The body butters on the other hand - have a SLIGHT powder smell in the alcohol's place. The texture is whipped, super moisturizing, & to die for! ;)

My favorite is the Love Spell scent...but only in the body butter version. Smells like gummy bears! You can check my profile for that review, along with a review for the Vanilla Lace body butter.

Make sure you check the ingredients before purchasing. I LOVE that these body butters don't contain mineral oil, & have Shea Butter as the 3rd ingredient. However a few of them contain isopropyl alcohol, which is very dehydrating. Yikes. I can vouch that Love Spell & Vanilla Lace don't, but Sweet Daydream does.

Price: 2 Lippies
I bought this in a 6 VS Garden items for $30 deal. This seems to be an year long sale. Haha. So for $5, this was a great deal!

Packaging Quality: 5 Lippies
I'm not going to lie & say this is the most elegant/luxurious packaging around. However it is cute & looks great in my bathroom! I love the fact it comes in a tub.

Would you buy this product again? YES YES YES! I'm actually thinking of going back & stocking up. :)

on 12/2/2009 3:56:00 PM

I've tried this in Pure Seduction and Sweet Daydream. Overall, it's an okay product and I might buy it again. It gives some moisture, but not enough for my dry winter skin. One thing that I noticed yesterday was that the Sweet Daydream has isopropyl alcohol in it. I'm not sure why they would put that in something that is supposed to be soothing and moisturizing. I will definitely not buy that scent again. However, there is no alcohol in the Pure Seduction. I would recommend checking the ingredients in the different scents to avoid the ones with alcohol in them.

on 8/24/2009 3:34:00 AM

These products are wonderful! I was suprised so good they smell and they moisturize for days! I was quite suprised!

on 5/31/2008 11:58:00 PM

I bought this in the Pear Glace Scent - there was a great sale 5 for $15. I couldn't say no to the super cheap price! Anyway, the scent is amazing, light and slightly fruity, I prefer it over some of the other VS Garden scents I've tried. Also, I find the body butter to be much more absorbing and moisturizing than the "ultra-moisturizing hand and body cream" which is oddly seems to dry my skin a little after a few hours. A great smelling product to keep on hand for post-shower moisturizing.