October 23, 2014 | 1931 users online

Powder - Isadora - Mineral Powder Foundation - 02 Light Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For starters, I am a FFF and usually use Fair or Fairly Light in BE.

I REALLY like this foundation. It has some minerals that are atypical of most mineral foundations - tourmaline, amethyst, citrine and aquamarine powders. I find that very intriguing and interesting. I'm not sure if those powders make any difference but this foundation gives such a beautiful, luminous look to the skin without being shiny that I couldn't believe it. It is the most natural looking mineral foundation I think I've tried in terms of its overall look. So, I'm sure anyone reading this is wondering why I wouldn't purchase it again. Well, that's because of the color selection. I first bought Light Apricot but it was too dark and too yellow on me. I then exchanged for Light Rose since I have a pink undertone for my skin. If this shade was one tone lighter I think I would have found my HG mineral foundation but, alas, it's too dark for my skintone but could probably serve someone else VERY well. It's just not a good sign for me when my makeup is so dark that a coworker tells me it looks like I got some sun over the weekend.

So, just because the color selection didn't work for me - don't pass on trying this foundation. If I could get it just a *smidge* lighter, I would definitely repurchase but, until that time, I'll just have to keep wishing the company develops some lighter color choices.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by jtayviolin

I usually use Jane Iredale Pressed Base which I absolutely LOVE. But since I am getting ready for a big move I decided to save some money (Iredale is $48) and try the Isadora since it is 100% minerals, no dyes, no preservatives, no talc, chem free, no oil. I am using 03 Light Honey- and I am pretty fair with pink undertones. I do think a little bit lighter shade would be a bit better but I'm going to wear it to work and see what everyone else thinks.

It is a very very light feel. My skin still shows through and it evens things out. Areas where I want a little more coverage I just layered a bit more. It has a tiny bit of shimmer to help illuminate your skin.

For $15 I think this will suit my needs until I can afford some more Iredale. I would suggest this to people who have pretty good, clear skin. If you have a lot of areas that you want to cover I would go with something a little heavier. I'm going to keep using this for a couple of days and see if I still like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by beca108

PROS: Didn't feel like anything on my face, no makeup feel.
CONS: Didn't look like there was anything on my face. No coverage.
I would not buy this again. I was hoping this would replace my everyday minerals b/c it is a pain to order and many times my order is messed up and it has taken weeks for EDM to send my exchange and I always have to follow up with them. This product is worse than BE in my opinion. At least I could tell BE was doing something for my complexion whereas I layered this carefully and could not see any difference in covering my redness, it was like I hadn't put anything on at all. Also like BE, this also has bismuth oxychloride, the stuff that many are allergic to and makes my skin burn occasionally, usually when I am sweaty. It is not cheap for a drugstore product around $15 at Walgreens and I promptly returned this. Don't bother with this product unless you have close to perfect skin but why bother at all then?