The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Polynesia Monoi Moisture Balm

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/21/2014 12:11:00 PM

This moisture balm smells identical to the TBS' Monoi Miracle Oil - absolutely mesmerising! This soft balm melts and absorbs quickly into skin and leaves it so so so soft and smooth - much more moisturising than TBS' body butters and the Monoi Miracle Oil. The beautiful scent lingers for a long time and one jar lasts longer than a bottle of the oil. I use this on my DD too and it smells adorable on her. Must must must repurchase!

on 12/15/2012 6:10:00 PM

Looooove the smell. Like lilacs, as others have said, but more tropical. They should make a perfume out of this. Every time I smile, I just grin. Does a good job with moisturizing too. I'll be buying another when I run out! And the price is reasonable if you can get it during one of their sales.

on 11/4/2012 6:00:00 PM

smells soooooooo goooooood, and it does a good job of moisturizing. I use this after i getting out of a shower, and IT IS NICE. I like the thick texture of body balm during winter time. I wouldn't pay $24 for this if that's the full price, but $10 i wouldn't mind.

on 7/12/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm looking for skincare products with that sultry gardenia scent as closely identical to Nars Body Glow and Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo as possible. I smelled this in the store & it doesn't smell gardenia-like. I tested some on my arms & got a bright, fresh floral scent similar to lilacs & hyacinth flowers, which is nice but not what I was looking for. Disappointed, I didn't buy it. I'm sure the butter is very emollient, but here I was searching for a specific scent, which I didn't find & have to keep searching. (The Body Shop 'Neroli Jasmin' EDT is very lovely however - somewhat similar in scent to Nars Body Glow.)

on 4/16/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE. comes in a wide mouth tub with screw lid. I dip my whole hand in and rub it into my hands- it is a thick butter-paste. I have only used it on my hands, though one could use it anywhere that was especially dry. Takes a while for the "grease" to go into the skin- so beware. perfect for when you're watching tv (doing nothing for a while)
The fragrance has captured me as well-I loooove it. a bit strong on application, it eases down to a nice tropical fragrance eventually. non-offensive, even friendly

on 4/4/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this stuff, I can use it year round and it always does an amazing job. The scent is so good, I've never understood how a smell could be intoxicating but this stuff seriously is. It is thick but it soaks in perfectly ahhhhh I love this stuff!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZEBALLS!! This is my go-to body butter. I use it for my hands and body. I got it for only $10 (regulars 24$) because of the 3 for $30 weekend sale going on. Which is an amazing deal...I don't think this body butter is overpowering at all - it actually has a subtle scent compared to other Body Shop butters. I love it so much... can't say much more than that!

on 9/26/2011 11:51:00 AM

I voted yes on repurchasing, and I have purchased this product many times; it's a great moisturizer at a great price point.

So why am I giving it three lippies?

The smell. For my sniffer, it is just overpowering and too floral. Heavy florals are not my thing, and this one is way over the top, though I understand why many might enjoy it.

As far as its moisturizing benefits, what I love most about this is the way that it slips into the skin without much wait time for absorption (I exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate or body brush, body brush, body brush, the only way to get any moisturizer to slip in, eventually). Unlike, for example, Kiehls "Creme de Corps" or L'Occitane's "Ultra Rich Body Creme," there is very little wait time with this one, and it's much cheaper.

Doesn't do the job for me in the winter, I definitely need more umph when the heat is on and every part of my body is shriveling up (a bit of an exaggeration) needing moisture, but when the weather is mild, this gets me out the door and moisturized for the day.

Rarely use it in the evening, as I simply cannot stand the smell: if I am running around or working out, the smell dissipates over time.

Everyone's sniffers differ. For moi, this is a big olefactory overload that I tolerate because of its ease of use and effectiveness for the price.

on 6/27/2011 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh man, this is such a great product! Not only does it smell heavenly, it's also a really good moisturizer. I got the small 50ml jar as a present a while back and it still lasts. I mainly use it on my elbows and legs.
I would love to buy a bigger jar but my TBS doesn't have it anymore. I don't know why. Oh well. I still have plenty in the 50ml though!
Overall thumbs up for sure! The only downside for me is the jar (again), try it or not, I just don't fancy putting my fingers in a jar over and over again over months. Doesn't sound very clean to me.

on 11/26/2010 8:48:00 PM

I fell so in love with this scent in store that I simply couldnt leave without it - even though I cringed at spending over $20 on body lotion and I never do (even with other Body Shop butters, I usually wait till they're on sale). The smell instantly transports me back to Hawaii, very fitting since its part of the 'Polynesia' line of products. I cant exactly put my finger on what specific tropical floral scents Im smelling (I dont have a huge background in flowers), all I know is that they are definitely tropical! Usually Im a totally coconut based kinda girl (and I personally dont smell much if any coconut in this) but this oozes pure authentic tropics - and doesnt smell at all fake the way sometimes Body Shop scents can. The formula itself - not anything remarkable to speak of - its good but not great - but then I really dont buy this for the lotion so much as for the smell!

Popular Lotions / Creams