October 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Slimshine Lipstick - general

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by hugapug99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very soft, smooth lipstick that glides on easily and provides a great deal of pigment while adding a look of shimmer/shine. There is no major scent and the formula lasts fairly well, although not a long-last product. I love the slim case and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THESE ARE THE BEST.

Even the colours I'm not crazy about still look sheer and nice and wear really well.

WHY OH WHY didn't they make them a permanent part of their product line? Ugh. MAC! *shakes fist*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by ias23

These lipsticks are great. Love the color selection, especially the pink ones, the coral ones and the natural colors. They are smooth, light but really pigment enough, plus have a nice shine that really good for everyday use without overpowering any look or make it cheap. I hope they make more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jeand32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this LS. I love the colors, texture and shine but I HATE the fact that they are so soft and melty. I just opened an almost new one today and half of it broke off in mid application. I decided to solve the problem by melting them all into containers, hopefully this will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by xldykay

i love this! this is my first slimshine and i have the color bare. its such a nice corally pink color with slight shimmer! really moisturized my lips. sometimes ill wear it alone, or recently been layering it with revlons lipgloss in lifes a peach. great combination! a light pinky color :D my favorite!
Though it's very fragile as it is so soft. becareful not to push down on it so hard. mine seemed to melt a little in the tube so now if i twist it up i cant twist it down, so i just leave it at a moderate level to use and close the cap.

maybe a quick visit to the fridge might fix that but idk.
either way this is my HG lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love these! I love MAC lipsticks in general, but they can be a little drying. These aren't at all. They're creamy and moisturizing and have a nice shine. I'm not much of a lipgloss girl, so these are great for when I want a glossy look, without the stickiness of a gloss.

They're not all that long lasting though, which means more frequent reapplication, and quickly dwindling tubes. I find I run through a tube a lot quicker than a normal MAC lipstick, anyway, which sucks, because they're more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lrinke218

If it's not a slimshine, then I'm not wearing any lipsticks. I love the shades and the texture of the slimshines. I don't like lipgloss because I don't like that sticky feeling, which is why the creamy slimshines work great for me. They add color and the shine that a lipgloss can give off, without the sticky/gooey texture of a lipgloss.

I have a slimshine in Pink D'lush, Ardor, and Lovey Dove.

Ardor is my absolute favorite, however, I use sparingly since it was a limited edition product :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by luvyal9449

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought Bare and it is the prettiest color for my skin tone! It has a hint of coral to in it so if you love coral tones and need an everyday get this stuff! The texture and the staying power are really great too. It has a glossy finish which i like because i dont wear lipstick and i need something to stay better than your average gloss. It's also really creamy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ndenieva

I heart all the MAC's slimshines, I bought "ultra-elegant" and "mousse" and I absolutely love it! It really moisturize your lips and it has that shine like any lipgloss do! It also have that sleek design, its very compac/small/slim t to carry around to put on your purse or make up bag! I would definitely buy more of these! I found the perfect lipstick! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i recently picked up "intimidate" and "by degrees" at the CCO and i absolutely love them! "intimidate" is a cool pink color while "by degrees" is a rosy shade. i find slimshines to be very nice alternatives to gloss (some times too shiny) and lipsticks (some times to drying)... as it combines the best of 2 worlds: good color payoff with subtle glossy shine. the formula is not as drying as regular l/s, which is a definite bonus, and it wears well (maybe 1-2 hours without food intake). the only thing i have a slight gripe about is that the slimshines seem to be softer than regular l/s -- and i can see these becoming too soft / melting during the higher temp months. however, that being said, these are too great to give up because of that. i'd simply solve that problem by not bring these with me in my purse during summer. great buy - quite possibly my fav lip product right now.