Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 2/13/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use Clinique Lipstick in "After Party." This is the only lipstick I use. Before I put on my this lipstick, I use Sephora Lipstain in Endless purple. When I put Clinique "After Party" on top of the matte of the Sephora lipstain, the effect looks fabulous and as bonus points, its lasts a very long time since the lip stain is matte to begin with. Wonderful color and my favorite all time lipstain/lipstick combo.

on 12/27/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For someone who "doesn't wear red lipstick," I recently realized I have three red lipsticks--that's a lot! All 3 are Clinique--Merlot (discontinued), Apple Brandy and this one, which is even better than the other two.

This is a great, sheer red that's buildable and very versatile. You could blot it on for a stain effect or use a few coats to get more color. It is also super moisturizing and feels great going on, but has more staying power than Apple Brandy (which is a butter shine).

I got this in a GWP and I'm so glad because I would never have chosen it, but I've been wearing it nonstop as a go-to lipstick this winter. It works in all kinds of situations, from going out to more casual settings, without feeling like you're (dramatic pause) WEARING RED LIPSTICK or have to be totally decked out like Dita Von Teese to pull it off.

If you are scared of red lipstick, I highly recommend trying this one! For reference, I'm fair skinned with golden yellow tones, which makes it hard to find good reds.

on 11/22/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gorgeous sheer blackened red. Way better on me than Black Honey because it's truly RED. LOVE it.

on 10/11/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This was a gift but the color is beautiful.. its not too deep for my light skin. It isn't as dark as it appears on the stick. nice and creamy and says well

on 12/2/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the most wearable shade of red I have ever owned. I have worn this off and on for the last 16-17 years. I was always looking for a cheaper dupe, and only ended up wasting money on reds that were too bright, too warm, too pink, etc., and always went back to Angel Red.

This is a blue-based muted red that seems to flatter both warm and cool skin tones. The secret is most likely in the formula; Different lipsticks tend to be more on the sheerer side, but they are also buildable for more depth. This color is both soft and deep, so you can apply lightly to get a soft red lip or apply heavily for a richer, bolder red.

This color doesn't bleed--even without lip liner--or leave you looking clownish as it fades. As many of the other reviewers have mentioned, this is a great "first red" for those who are not red lipstick wearers. Angel Red is not only a great holiday red, it's a perfect everyday red.

on 8/14/2013 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm Indian so I have brown skin and I find it hard to wear a red lipstick that actually suits my skin. This lipstick goes so well with my skin tone though. I wear it very sheer, I just dab it on my lips instead of actually spreading it around. Love it!

on 4/18/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic everyday lipstick for people who are shy about wearing red. I have very full lips and I don't like to wear traditional reds- they make me look very clownish, especially in the winter when my skin is very pale.
Angel Red is very light feeling and moist with no weird smells or tastes, which is a big problem for me when it comes to lip products. It has a beautiful color which is light but not totally sheer, and leans blue-red. If you are more comfortable wearing lip gloss but want to try a lipstick, this is a good product to try.

on 1/24/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Do not overthink this- just get it. You will love it. It looks good on all complexions, and if you never wear red normally (like me) you will feel a secret thrill every time you swipe it on and know you will never look like a clown. I never buy non-drugstore lipsticks normally but this is worth every penny.

on 10/19/2011 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

good not-too-loud red for work. Not particularly lasting, but not at all drying to my lips.

on 7/1/2011 6:45:00 PM

Holy Grail lipstick for about 7 years now. Clinique describes this as a "blackened" red, which is an odd way to describe this shade. I'm NC40 and this is perfect for me, year round. It's a soft, semi-matte red that wears off evenly (I use a lip conditioner first!) to a sheer soft pink. It's just lovely to wear, comfortable and does not dry out my lips. I go through tubes and tubes of it.

Popular Lipsticks