December 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Scant Slimshine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Scant is a natural mauve-y plum with little to no shimmer that applies with full coverage, even thought it's a moist lipcolor. I like the color quite a bit, and it's perfect for work and everyday wear, but it doesn't last long on the lips because of the moist formula. The wear-time probably is not any worse than any other moist or glossy lip product, however, so relatively speaking, it's a good product, and the slim case is nice for avoiding bulk in your purse. The vanilla fragrance is also pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this color.When I tried it on,I was like wow,it voluminized my lips,and it felt nice smooth and moisturizing.Beautiful color.I just think it will be used up very quickly.But I would buy again.I have pale skin,and this shows on me very nice.Suitable for daytime wear,for work...
I highly recommend to try this shade.Very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by marie28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A natural, rosy pink color with a soft shine to it. Creamy texture and non drying to my lips. It's great to wear to work or on the weekends.
Slimshines are still available at Nordstrom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

I bought this color in earlier this year on eBay in March or April after lemming it from the MAC counter. I just noticed yesterday that it is the shade of my pigmented lips! Another thing is that people tell me I naturally have lined lips, so this just helps make me look more polished when I put it on than just lip balm itself. I am a light to medium skin, currently tanner than usual because of the summer and I use MAC NC20 loose powder. I adore this color when I just want to put something on after my lip balm. Other days I go more lighter pink. Will repurchase if I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Scant is a nice, MLBB (yet a tad darker than mine) lip shade. It is a brownish pink that would probably look nice on most people. Very neutral. I like the Slimshine formula as it is a lipstick/lipgloss in one type product. It keeps your lips feeling moisturized and with a somewhat shiny appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best lip products/shades I have ever used. It's so flattering on my lighter olive skin and has the right amount of shine. I just wish it stayed on better, but I never use up most of my makeup anyway. I think this would be flattering on almost any skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by HoldMeCloserTonyDanza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice "natural" rosy color that gives me a very polished look. I'm about NC 15-20 and have amber brown eyes, warm brown hair and med-pigmented lips.

Texture is creamy and soft with medium coverage color and a little shine. Color is very similar to CoverGirl Blushberry Trushine, and Benefit Rocket Pop silky lipstick which is described as Terracotta Rose. Pretty accurate description IMO. Gives me an obvious hint of color without looking like too much for the office. I'd say this is a daytime red for me...a browny red with a hint of brick-rose if that makes sense.

Love the sleek packaging that the slimshines have. Average staying power, not drying but not super moisturizing either. Would buy again. Benefit Rocket Pop was my HG for this shade but Scant has a bit of shimmer to it which gives a little added dimension and is a nice addition.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by eshta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Itīs a very nice natural MLBB color for me(PPP,NC15)and I love the creamy texture.
Non drying for severly dry lips,and classy packaging-
the only downside is the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

I really like the slimshine formula. It goes on smoothly and feels very soft and silky. I don't find I have to re-apply often like other reviewers have. This is a medium coverage lippie that doesn't require a gloss as it's very shiny on its own. The color is a very pretty mauvy/nude and goes with just about any other makeup look or color I'm wearing. I find I reach for this color when I just don't know what to put on my lips or if I have an e/s colorscheme on that I don't normally wear. Love this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by TheSweetLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not quite a YLBB shade, too much pigment but still really pretty, everyday shade. Mauvey a bit? Seems to be a more pigmented version of MAC's "Modesty" lipstick or Chanel's "Naive" or even Revlon's "Blush" colorburst lipstick. Scent is kind of a minty vanilla and packaging is sleek and chic. Also I find the slimshine lipsticks to be more moisturizing than regular MAC lipsticks. Color is not exactly long wearing but average.