April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lipstick - Merle Norman - Luxiva Age Defying Lipcolor-Pampered Pink

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by toybuyer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Merle Norman Cosmetics--You're getting sneaky!
I've used your products since 1981 and I would say that the vast majority of your line no longer even resembles that from nearly 30 years ago. You have added some horrific SPFs to your line. I thought I'd love Timeless foundation! A new line in 2004/2005 but it had octinoxate and oxbenzone. I've made sure that people understand why there face itches when it has these 2 SPFs.
Your "age defying" lipcolor doesn't say octinoxate. That's correct? WRONG!
Your ingredients? Octyl methoxycinnamate
What is this? Nothing more than another name for octinoxate! Why don't you put Octinoxate on the label. Instead you hide it with the same chemical 2-word name. Had I not done the research.....
Please cosmetic buyers, watch your SPFs. Neither of the "O"s are good for you. Octinoxate has a side effect of "severe!" dermatitis.
Not mild--severe. So if you itch and it can even be in sun-tan lotion--look for octinioxate or octyl methoxycinnamte.
And if you're pregnant, just google oxybenzone.
I loved the color claret cream. Not an option with your ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This new l/s shade is courtesy of the 2007 Summer Color Collection. Pampered Pink is a beautiful medium rosy pink that's not too red, bright, ..just perfect. I'm a paper-white PPP & this color is perfect. I really like the lipsticks in the Age Defying line because they are pigment rich, stays put most of the day (but does not dry out the lips), and are moisturizing. I highly recommend these lipsticks. Please check out this l/s in my photo collection-you'll find it on page 1.