April 23, 2014 | 1457 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by tiaracymone

I am firstly not big on hairspray because I like my hair to be flowy and I put as little as I can in my hair so it doesn't feel dirty but I flatiron my naturally curly hair and it is very humid in Maryland .This coats my hair and stops it from proofing up even in the rain!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Let's just say I am someone who loves hairspray. In fact I may use way too much; way way too much. That being said I find hairspray a critical part of my hair routine, it helps tame my frizz and really keeps my style in place all day. Because of this, I guess I have a few requirements when it comes to hairspray. Firstly, I don't want it to leave a white sticky residue on my hair, that is not a good look. This hairspray does not at all leave any residue on my hair. Secondly, I want it to give my hair an all day hold but also, I don't want it to be hard and stiff. This product does not at all do either of those things. It gives an all day lasting hold and is still flexible and not at all stiff, even though it is said to have an ultra strong hold. Thirdly, I like a product that has a pleasant smell and isn't too overbearing. This product has a nice smell and doesn't bother me throughout the day. I have actually repurchased this product, that's how I know that it is something worth using. Hope this helps!

Update: I still love this hairspray and have gone through another one. It's still definitely a favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I decided to try this hairspray to switch up my routine a little. I usually use TRESemme hairsprays. I use hairspray to either scrunch my hair, which is a great quick (and lazy) way to style my hair during the summer. I also rely on hairspray heavily while using curling irons/wands. Therefore, I am in need of a product that is not sticky or crunchy but also has a strong hold. I found this product to be quite flexible, never did I feel it made my hair crunchy. (I hate that look!) The smell is nice, doesn't suffocate you while using it, and I use quite a lot. I didn't feel it had such a strong hold, but I also try to use hairspray sparingly so as not to create a hard or crunchy look. Overall, this is a decent hairspray at a good price, it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with it. Are you scrunching? Heat styling? Trying to tame frizz? I didn't feel this had anything special compared to other hairsprays as far as the anti-humidity element goes, which seems to be the main marketing strategy with this one. I'd pick this up again if it were on sale, but am going back to TRESemme for the time being!

P.S.: I've added a photo of my hair styled with a curling wand using this product and Bumble & Bumble's Straight Blow Dry Heat Activated Styling Balm (Used beforehand as a heat protection.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Carrie525

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not really the target group for this hairspray because it's not all that humid here.

Product smells great. Sprays finely and the nozzle never plugged. Wasn't crunchy feeling and I could brush through it. I think it had an okay hold. This just didn't wow me.

I have fine hair and this gave my hair a good grip, but that same grip sometimes looked dry and that is never the look I am going for.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by iamommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I saw this, I thought great. This is just what I need. It gets very humid here in the midwest during the warmer months which brings out the frizz in my thick, wavy hair. Sadly, this hairspray just did not work for me. My hair has been frizzier then ever since switching to this from aussie flexible hold hairspray and it doesn't hold my hairstyle very well at all either. Overall, I have to give this hairspray two thumbs down. I threw it out. It's useless junk.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the first hairspray I ever tried. I can tell you, it's not for me! I had VERY curly, frizzy hair and I would use an hour straightening it. Then I would spray it with this WATER based hairspray and it would my hair would curl right up again. It didn't hold anything at it didn't protect against humidity.
The only good thing was the pretty can it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall good hairspray. I love that it comes in a spray bottle instead of an aerosol can - MUCH better for you and the environment! It holds my hair in place, but it makes my hair a little crunchy. This works just as well as other hairsprays, but the more eco-friendly packaging is why I choose this brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very fine, dry hair and this product does help hold my style without overdrying my hair or leaving it crunchy. Has a pleasant scent. I also like Tresemme Climate Control finishing spray.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This did absolutely nothing for my hair. Rubbish.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For just a simple hairspray that will let you do what you want with your hair but keep it from being crunchy, this is just fine. Plus it smells yummy. However, for the anti-humidity part I haven't had much luck. But I find my hair responds better to cream products for those needs. Either way this is a decent hairspray and a can of this can last me a loong time especially as I only use it perhaps every other day or so.