September 22, 2014 | 1816 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this hairspray for one thing: to keep the horrible humidity from making my hair a frizzing nightmare. I live in the south where the summers are HOT (100+ on most days) and extremely humid!

I wash and dry my hair as normal, then spray this all over my fine hair, brush it through and I'm done. I can't even feel it in my hair at all. Keeps my hair completely frizz free. I don't use it to hold a style so I'm not sure how well it works for that. My hair is straight with a very very light wave so I never style it, except maybe a ponytail or a messy bun. It keeps my hair frizz free all day, no touch ups needed.

I've tried all sorts of creams, serums, etc to combat the frizz and flyaways and this is the only product that works for me. Plus, it's cheap, I think I paid $4, and can be found anywhere.

No bad smell, doesn't dry out my hair, aerosol can with a fine mist makes it easy to maneuver around the front and back of my hair. I can run my fingers through my hair and it feels very soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I never have much luck with hairspray & this was no exception. I was wary to buy anything else in the Sleek & Shine line, having found the shampoo to be awful, and because I have very fine, thin hair and have to be very careful of any "shine" products. I have only found one hairspray that works for me, and that's the gold can of Toni & Guy hairspray. I ran out of that, and I can only find it at Target, and there are no Targets near my home. So I picked this up, based upon the high % of would-re-buys on this site. It did the same thing to my curls that most hairsprays do: completely wiped them out. I set my hair at night and sleep on it, and then take the buns or rollers out of my hair in the AM. A little hairspray helps hold the curl, otherwise they are usually gone by 9 or 10AM. The wrong hairspray pretty much ruins them immediately. This is exactly what happened with this product: my curls fell out completely upon contact AND my hair ended up looking flat and greasy. I ended up wadding my gross hair up in a bun for the rest of the day. I hate putting the work into setting my hair all for a stupid produt to ruin it in a matter of seconds. I'm going to give this away and will not be trying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by tiaracymone

I am firstly not big on hairspray because I like my hair to be flowy and I put as little as I can in my hair so it doesn't feel dirty but I flatiron my naturally curly hair and it is very humid in Maryland .This coats my hair and stops it from proofing up even in the rain!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Let's just say I am someone who loves hairspray. In fact I may use way too much; way way too much. That being said I find hairspray a critical part of my hair routine, it helps tame my frizz and really keeps my style in place all day. Because of this, I guess I have a few requirements when it comes to hairspray. Firstly, I don't want it to leave a white sticky residue on my hair, that is not a good look. This hairspray does not at all leave any residue on my hair. Secondly, I want it to give my hair an all day hold but also, I don't want it to be hard and stiff. This product does not at all do either of those things. It gives an all day lasting hold and is still flexible and not at all stiff, even though it is said to have an ultra strong hold. Thirdly, I like a product that has a pleasant smell and isn't too overbearing. This product has a nice smell and doesn't bother me throughout the day. I have actually repurchased this product, that's how I know that it is something worth using. Hope this helps!

Update: I still love this hairspray and have gone through another one. It's still definitely a favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I decided to try this hairspray to switch up my routine a little. I usually use TRESemme hairsprays. I use hairspray to either scrunch my hair, which is a great quick (and lazy) way to style my hair during the summer. I also rely on hairspray heavily while using curling irons/wands. Therefore, I am in need of a product that is not sticky or crunchy but also has a strong hold. I found this product to be quite flexible, never did I feel it made my hair crunchy. (I hate that look!) The smell is nice, doesn't suffocate you while using it, and I use quite a lot. I didn't feel it had such a strong hold, but I also try to use hairspray sparingly so as not to create a hard or crunchy look. Overall, this is a decent hairspray at a good price, it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with it. Are you scrunching? Heat styling? Trying to tame frizz? I didn't feel this had anything special compared to other hairsprays as far as the anti-humidity element goes, which seems to be the main marketing strategy with this one. I'd pick this up again if it were on sale, but am going back to TRESemme for the time being!

P.S.: I've added a photo of my hair styled with a curling wand using this product and Bumble & Bumble's Straight Blow Dry Heat Activated Styling Balm (Used beforehand as a heat protection.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Carrie525

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not really the target group for this hairspray because it's not all that humid here.

Product smells great. Sprays finely and the nozzle never plugged. Wasn't crunchy feeling and I could brush through it. I think it had an okay hold. This just didn't wow me.

I have fine hair and this gave my hair a good grip, but that same grip sometimes looked dry and that is never the look I am going for.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by iamommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I saw this, I thought great. This is just what I need. It gets very humid here in the midwest during the warmer months which brings out the frizz in my thick, wavy hair. Sadly, this hairspray just did not work for me. My hair has been frizzier then ever since switching to this from aussie flexible hold hairspray and it doesn't hold my hairstyle very well at all either. Overall, I have to give this hairspray two thumbs down. I threw it out. It's useless junk.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the first hairspray I ever tried. I can tell you, it's not for me! I had VERY curly, frizzy hair and I would use an hour straightening it. Then I would spray it with this WATER based hairspray and it would my hair would curl right up again. It didn't hold anything at it didn't protect against humidity.
The only good thing was the pretty can it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall good hairspray. I love that it comes in a spray bottle instead of an aerosol can - MUCH better for you and the environment! It holds my hair in place, but it makes my hair a little crunchy. This works just as well as other hairsprays, but the more eco-friendly packaging is why I choose this brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very fine, dry hair and this product does help hold my style without overdrying my hair or leaving it crunchy. Has a pleasant scent. I also like Tresemme Climate Control finishing spray.