Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray

3.4

on 4/27/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I use this after straightening to keep my bob in place so it does not fly everywhere. I love that it does not smell very chemical like most hairsprays... it kind of smells like fruit. It has good hold and does stop my hair from frizzing in humidity. However, when i sleep with my hair is in a wierd shape (and stays how it was when i was sleeping). Also it makes my hair a bit crunchy.

on 3/3/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I feel like this is best for curly hair. Whenever I used this spray to set my straighten hair within 15 minutes of being outside (even with little to no wind or humidity) my hair would frizz up instantly. Although when my hair is curly it does a nice job of volumizing my curls and gives me a Solange-esque look. But at the end of the day this hair spray does not do what it is intended to do.

on 12/28/2014 9:21:00 PM

Me: short, purple/red hair that I spike around and style as messy.

This product claims to have "ultra strong" hold but I feel it has light hold at best. One breeze of good wind and *woosh* the hold is gone and you're left with flat hair. Previous hairsprays that I love include Aveda Control Force, although it is too expensive. I have since switched to TRESemme TRES Two Spray extra hold and I am very happy with it. I will not repurchase the Garnier product. They seem to weigh my hair down... Perhaps this would be a good spray for those with thick and/or curly hair.

on 12/17/2014 12:38:00 AM

Held my curls all day without making my hair crunchy. My hair was touchably soft all day. No frizz. Smells wonderful. Didn't leave any powdery white residue like other hairsprays. This probably wouldn't hold curls in tact if your hair is thinner and hard to curl to begin with. Knocked off a lippy because this doesn't work for teasing hair at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the smell. The hold is pretty good as well

on 12/15/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked this anti-humidity hairspray up along with the entire line of Sleek and Shine anti humidity products a while ago in an effort to find a solution to my fizzy-when-humid-out-hair. This sprays on in a light mist and the fragrance is not overpowering. It's marked on the can as hold 4 Ultra Strong. I disagree. It has light hold only. I sprayed a lot of spray and it doesn't hold as well as my Generic Value Products Firm Finish Hair Spray or my usual Kenra hairspray. I have nearly used this up and it really doesn't seem to be any better or any different than my other sprays. I can't tell when I use this or when I use the others as far as anti humitiy control. This does have a light hold and it doesn't feel stiff, sticky, or heavy on my hair. It doesn't hold very well though and my styles fall out by lunchtime using this. I like the fragrance on this, It is light and fruity and doesn't have that perfumey sickly tradtional hairspray smell. I like this okay but I probably won't repurchase as it didn't seem to be any better than any other hairspray and I will just get what's cheapest.

on 6/24/2014 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this hairspray for one thing: to keep the horrible humidity from making my hair a frizzing nightmare. I live in the south where the summers are HOT (100+ on most days) and extremely humid!

I wash and dry my hair as normal, then spray this all over my fine hair, brush it through and I'm done. I can't even feel it in my hair at all. Keeps my hair completely frizz free. I don't use it to hold a style so I'm not sure how well it works for that. My hair is straight with a very very light wave so I never style it, except maybe a ponytail or a messy bun. It keeps my hair frizz free all day, no touch ups needed.

I've tried all sorts of creams, serums, etc to combat the frizz and flyaways and this is the only product that works for me. Plus, it's cheap, I think I paid $4, and can be found anywhere.

No bad smell, doesn't dry out my hair, aerosol can with a fine mist makes it easy to maneuver around the front and back of my hair. I can run my fingers through my hair and it feels very soft.

on 4/23/2014 9:41:00 AM

I never have much luck with hairspray & this was no exception. I was wary to buy anything else in the Sleek & Shine line, having found the shampoo to be awful, and because I have very fine, thin hair and have to be very careful of any "shine" products. I have only found one hairspray that works for me, and that's the gold can of Toni & Guy hairspray. I ran out of that, and I can only find it at Target, and there are no Targets near my home. So I picked this up, based upon the high % of would-re-buys on this site. It did the same thing to my curls that most hairsprays do: completely wiped them out. I set my hair at night and sleep on it, and then take the buns or rollers out of my hair in the AM. A little hairspray helps hold the curl, otherwise they are usually gone by 9 or 10AM. The wrong hairspray pretty much ruins them immediately. This is exactly what happened with this product: my curls fell out completely upon contact AND my hair ended up looking flat and greasy. I ended up wadding my gross hair up in a bun for the rest of the day. I hate putting the work into setting my hair all for a stupid produt to ruin it in a matter of seconds. I'm going to give this away and will not be trying it again.

on 1/11/2014 1:11:00 PM

I am firstly not big on hairspray because I like my hair to be flowy and I put as little as I can in my hair so it doesn't feel dirty but I flatiron my naturally curly hair and it is very humid in Maryland .This coats my hair and stops it from proofing up even in the rain!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Let's just say I am someone who loves hairspray. In fact I may use way too much; way way too much. That being said I find hairspray a critical part of my hair routine, it helps tame my frizz and really keeps my style in place all day. Because of this, I guess I have a few requirements when it comes to hairspray. Firstly, I don't want it to leave a white sticky residue on my hair, that is not a good look. This hairspray does not at all leave any residue on my hair. Secondly, I want it to give my hair an all day hold but also, I don't want it to be hard and stiff. This product does not at all do either of those things. It gives an all day lasting hold and is still flexible and not at all stiff, even though it is said to have an ultra strong hold. Thirdly, I like a product that has a pleasant smell and isn't too overbearing. This product has a nice smell and doesn't bother me throughout the day. I have actually repurchased this product, that's how I know that it is something worth using. Hope this helps!

Update: I still love this hairspray and have gone through another one. It's still definitely a favorite.