Avon Skin So Soft Renew and Refresh Age Defying Intensive Body Serum

3.0

on 7/11/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

GOOD GOLLY WHAT DO THEY PUT IN THIS STUFF?! Got my bottle today from my rep and tried it out on my legs. First thing I noticed right away as I was smoothing it on was that my nose was mildly burning. Burning like the way your throat does when drinking liquor. I could smell the alcohol, which is listed as the second or third ingredient on label, as it was SO strong. Then, also like when I use the SSS Renew and Refresh lotion and SSS Light & Lush lotion, I noticed that I was getting an odd caffeine rush type feeling. I'd had no caffeine/coffee yet so I knew it was the serum. This product as well as the other SSS lotion items scare me. I've not had a problem with products in the Avon line before and I've been a faithful Avon/mark customer since 2003. Won't be using this or any of the other SSS items in any of the lines again.

on 5/26/2007 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Avon has great ideas. This isn't one of them. Please know that usually anytime that you are interested in an Avon product you may find the ingredients on the Avon website. It's a great way to check for disturbing ingredients. The offending ingredient in this body serum is alcohol. For some people it might not be a problem, but for me, it's a trigger for disaster for my dry dry cracking skin. I had tried to look up the ingredients online, but Avon didn't provide it at the time of purchase since it was a new product. All that being said, even though it's not the best choice for me, I think some skin types will tolerate this well and it does make your skin feel fabulous. I don't dare try this on a daily basis. It probably compares well to Clarins' body serums as Clarins will sometimes sneak alcohol in as well. It's cheap, it smells like pretty lilacs and it's a great luxury product for the buck. If you have dry skin, stay away.

on 5/6/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

WOW! This stuff is great. I use it all over, but especially love how it feels on my legs right after shaving. It has a refreshing, cooling, tingling effect when you first apply it. The scent is wonderful - very light and fresh. It sinks in wonderfully with absolutely no greasy residue. I even use it on my hands. The pump dispenser is very handy.